Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

That's what I thought @JennBeth!

IMO if your eyes are dark/black, then black eyeliner would work well, but otherwise, black eyeliner on green/blue/hazel eyes just makes this look even sillier than it is.

Alright, so those Drunk Elephant items which I got for $150 and was sorta skeptical about since the price was so good? They arrived! Brand spankin new, looking perfect in their packaging, and they are 100% authentic and lovely 🙂 I got a full sized c firma, framboos tlc, lala cream, marula oil and lippe balm :).

Yay!  I am so glad it worked out!  🙂  

Wow that's awesome! I was hoping to get that lala cream in Play this month but of course didn't 😕

When you run your dishwasher one more time on the same load because there *might* be one that needed extra washing in there, but really you are just too lazy to do the big pile of actual dirty dishes in the sink/housework but want it to look like you did something today.

I do that too... Start that ish in hot wash pots and pans then run it through one more time just to be safe. I also rerun my clothes in the dryer quite a bit. 

😂 I put loads of laundry on an extra rinse cycle if I don't feel like taking them out and putting them in the dryer.  

I got fed up with my drawer of concealer, primers and liquid foundations today.  They were semi separated in the drawer but without dividers and always eventually got mixed up with me putting things away quickly.  After taking measurements of my drawer and a little eyelash batting at the hubby, I finally have a wooden divider!!! I've still got to paint it black but I'm all excited to have a little more order in my life.  Ideally, I'd like to get to a place where I have just a few products I really love so I can see them all when I open my drawer.  I think I can get there by early next year. image.jpg

Love your organization!  I'm in search of a 3-drawer organizer that is 9x9x9 inches. I have one from long ago, I've forgotten where I got it and can't seem to find another. It's the only size that fits in my stackable organizer cupboard. Grr.

Hmmm, are you talking acrylic?  Monarch plastics custom makes it,es for people but there's a 25 piece minimum.   I wonder if anyone else would custom make one for you. 

The one I have is plastic, kind of like a Sterilite drawer, only black and clear plastic. It has knobs rather than pull tabs on the drawers. It's bugging me because it's the only size that makes full use of the cupboard, other organizers are only 6 or 7 inches deep and there's all this wasted space.

I love it!  What a sweet hubby!  💗

What is crown brush? I feel so old. I was reading Trendmoods FB about the new JH Morphe Palette. A lady said ugh she doesn't like Morphe because they aren't a fancy brand. Than she said Morphe is crown brush. What does that mean?

I've received a few Cown brushes from ipsy, and have been relatively surprised. One of their dual ended eyeshadow/crease brushes is a go to for me. I don't own super high end brushes, but for reference, I like my Crown brush better than the Naked palette ones. For the price, I think they perform well.

I believe Morphe brushes are just Crown brushes with the Morphe name on them. It's called private labeling and it's common. Stephanie Nicole made a video about Morphe and explains it pretty well.

I saw that video, too!  I really love Stephanie Nicole!

I don't think I have any Morphe or Crown brushes, to compare...

I do have 1 Morphe palette and the colors are absolutely beautiful.  The problem is that they aren't super pigmented and don't blend really well - You have to really layer them, like Bobbi Brown eyeshadows.

Crown Brush is another brand. I don't know a ton about them, but I've seen it on Haute Look. 

There was almost an explosion at my house this evening..

after working all day I went to Costco and got necessities, as well as a pre-cooked chicken for dinner. I lug everything up to our apartment and hubby starts putting it away.. everything is good til he says 

"so what you making for dinner with all this?"

He barely survived the backlash. 

He is currently in the kitchen putting together our dinner.

Well, it's good to hear he survived 😄 Grocery days we always end up eating sandwiches or takeout cause cooking is the last thing either of us wants to do after putting everything away. 

I'm having a first world problem right now LOL. I am quite frustrated because I bought ice cream but I can't eat it. I can't open my mouth while I have my face mask on. 😄

That's absolutely terrible!  😂 I feel your pain.  

4 Replies
testing