Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

(I hearted this for the spoiler, not for the way you were let go!)

I asked for the discount a good handful of times, but always too lazy/tired to adventure to NM after work (it's probably a good hour away). I wished they would just give me a one-time use or temporary code to use online, it would save me the trouble.

Also, I realized while putting together beauty orders that I need a good SA because some of them would give samples out like nothing! Especially the La Mer or Jo Malone stuff. 

And can anyone confirm this, but apparently NM price matches?? There was a Tom Ford lip and boy lipstick purchase for only $21

When bluemercury sends you the wrong scent of the tocca hand creme but you're too lazy to return 😄

i ordered Bianca (greentea lemon I think) and got cleopatra (grapefruit cucumber) 

Have you guys noticed that more and more brands are randomly coming into BT to post and answer questions.  I'm really liking this. I hope we see more as well!

Yes!  I also think this is awesome!  Please keep it up, Sephora! 🙂

Yes I definitely noticed this, I can't ever remember seeing this last time I was really active on here. It's nice to know we can possibly get info and feedback directly form the source!

Yes, and I find it very helpful!

So not a thought. But more of a question. What do the UD Vice lipsticks smell like? I got 1993 in my SF kit and it smells crayon-ish and tastes like a crayon too! Yuck =( But the formula is sooooo nice and seems better than the revolution lipstick formula!

I haven't noticed any sort of distinct smell. I have UD Vice in shade Rapture. I suppose there is an extremely faint, almost pencil crayon-ish smell, but I have to almost jam it right up my nostril to detect it because it is so faint. Do you notice the smell as soon as you open the cap, or only when you apply it? I wonder if some shades may have a stronger smell than others, hopefully your lipstick is all good!

Edit: I noticed you mentioned a taste as well. I don't notice any taste with this lipstick other than a normal, lipstick-y taste that I generally experience with all my lippies!

Talking about this. I think I should check my UD 1993 lipstick as well. Hopefully it's not actually crayon. Their lipstick always on $9-11 so I don't know if it tastes and smells like crayon then should I return SF kit?

@EmmyLove When I applied it I could unfortunately taste it, which prompted me to smell it and notice that it smelled and tasted like a crayon lol. 

boo 😞 I am sorry to hear that! That really ruins the experience doesn't it. Maybe consider returning it? That just seems super unpleasant to feel like your eating crayons all day!

@jesscheems I just tested out a couple of my Vice lipsticks, and they don't smell or taste like anything. 😕

@txcatx Thank you for letting me know. Even my older ones (Revolution) don't smell so I guess you just never know which lipstick is off until you smell/apply!

Umm I found a seller on poshmark whos selling really cheap drunk elephant products.  Like I got the night serum, day serum, marula oil, lala cream and the lippe balm all for only $150?? Lol! I mean it would've been $170 through posh but we went through paypal instead and so she gave me a deal.  I mean, I'm a bit weary as to how she can sell it for so cheap, but I'll only ask questions if I receive it and it's all weird, or if I don't receive it at all lol.

Oh wow, thats so exciting!! This is literally my absolute favourite brand, please update us! I'll be really happy for you if this turns out to be all legit because DE can be expensive!

Good luck, girl!  Let us know how it goes! 🙂  @sabrinas

Maybe she got them for free herself (gifts, sets, GWP) and just wanted to move them fast? Then it's all just pure profit for her, way better than products she doesn't want.

That's what I originally thought, but she actually had one bundle for sale on posh a few days ago and I literally missed it by about 5 minutes! So I told her how sad I was baha and she told me that she may be getting more, then today told me that she'd be getting more by the end of the week and that she could save it for me! So not sure how it's acquired, but I'm sure all will be okay! She has great reviews on Poshmark, and I sent payment via goods on Paypal so even if it goes haywire I'm safe 😛 Lol! @JazaChai

Is it all full size products?

@snoflakefaerie yes it is!

1 Reply
testing