Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

This totally reminds me I have a Tokyo Milk in Salted Caramel that I have not even opened yet!  I am going to use it tonight!  $1.99 is a really good deal - I get mine from Sephora for like $7. 🙂

I have heard really good things about Tokyomilk lip elixirs and wanted to try them. I am ok with light fragrance in powders and other face products but in a lip product, any non subtle scent is a no no for me so I ended up returning it without using.

I am kind of hooked on Sephora and Caudalie lip balms. Since Sephora has restocked Black Friday Caudalie hand and lip duo, I am piling up back ups for entire year.lol Caudalie hand creams are also great and smell very nice so this set is a great deal all around.

@fatimamummy I got the lip balm in salted caramel last year, and it had a very strong scent, so you may not like it. Also, they're mostly made of petroleum jelly, so if you don't like Vaseline, you won't like these.

Agreed! @Beadshopgirl I just sniffed and returned it but it does look like Petroleum jelly. Another very famous lip bal is Rosebud solve. I bought that one as well due to all the hype about it and used it a few times, the scent was a bit less strong as compared to Tokyomilk but the it felt like just scented Vaseline.

@fatimamummy @Beadshopgirl Oh yes the smells can be quite offensive if you arent into that! My mom actually complains whenever I wear one of mine.  She claims that it makes the house reek of tires even though its just a lip balm on my lips! I didn't realize the smell was THAT strong.  I think it smells like chocolate, which is what its supposed to smell like lol but she gets a tire smell baha.  I dont like Rosebud Salve.  I have that beside my bed but it's never  done anything for me!

I just can't handle slimy lip products! I'm perfectly ok with sticky though. I know I'm weird. 😁

Wow that new Kylie palette sold out in less than 10 minutes - crazy! That's almost/is MAC Selena speed 😄

Don't worry - I'm sure she will re-stock and her re-stocks are now at normal times like 2 or 3 pm PST - not in the middle of the night.  It will probably sell out immediately for the first few, but then hopefully you can snag one if you still want it! 🙂   @niki172

@Tamara76 - I already got one 😄 guilty!!! LOL. Logged on at 6:01 and was done in 5 minutes after waiting in the line.

Nice!   Please let us know how you like it when it arrives! 🙂

@niki172

I will! That palette plus the Chanel camellia highlighter I just had to buy ruined my low/no buy for the month. It's dumb on my part to enact a low buy on my birthday month. I'm a shopaholic of course I'm going to use the excuse "it's my birthday" (not today just coming up) LOL!!!!!

*Majorfacepalm* 😄

I'm not surprised. Her new launches always sell out fast. It's crazy.

Super Random but: Is anyone superstitious around here??? I could use some assistance! I dropped a purse mirror that I keep in my desk at work, what do I do? I hear, buy a new one to reverse the bad luck? LMAO my co worker is telling crazy things because she is SOOO superstitious about everything. 

Yeah I really just asked that question hahahah

Ooo I don't know what to do when a mirror breaks, but another mirror superstition I've heard my whole life (from my mom) was to never buy/obtain a used mirror.

Apparently another household's bad luck and/or life situations can get "trapped" in there and you're basically paying to inherit it lol 

Ok so at least I dont feel so bad with me being worried about bad superstitions because others believe in some too. 

I will be buying a fresh new one tonight hahah to avoid any bad luck and will never take a mirror from someone else lolol TY and your mom lol 😄

Well...I have the opposite reaction to superstitions. I don't believe in good luck superstitions, particularly the one about how it's good luck when a bird poops on you.

Just. No.

For two years, birds pooped on me frequently. It didn't matter where--it happened at a bar, the Whole Foods parking lot, a running trail. Once, I was walking down the street while eating a slice of pizza from a food truck, and yes, a bird pooped right on my pizza. 

I did not experience any particularly good luck. I even bought lottery tickets to test out my luck, and I never won more than $2. 

That reminds me. I have some lottery tickets to cash in from Christmas. I think I won $8.

LOL Same here.  I am more worried about the bad luck ones like this!!  I don't believe the bird poop one either or stepping in poop because no joke I did the same thing and bought a scratch off to test it out and I LOST hahaha  So yeah I guess why believe in the bad luck ones.  😄

Exactly! I don't believe in the good luck superstitions, so why believe in the bad luck ones? Maybe it's a matter of better safe than sorry?

If anything, nowadays, I'm terrified of walking under trees when I see birds on the trees. I also run when I see a flock of birds flying directly above me.

@jen143xo I'm from Morocco and people back home are very superstitious. When you break a mirror, you're supposed to break it in even smaller pieces and just throw everything away. Haha! Usually when you break a mirror it means something even worse was gonna happen and the mirror stopped it hahahaha!

This is the one I always heard from Asian people just like the jade bracelets.

I am always bummed if my jade bracelets break.  Then they get all excited.  That was a gooooood thing!

It protected you from something bad.  ;')

Never put back a broken mirror or jade bracelet.  So, they say!  

3 Replies
testing