Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I doubt there will be legal issues since black-and-white stripes and lipstick marks are pretty generic. But yes they are definitely going for a Sephora vibe.

Epsom salt, I love you.

Had a couple of super stubborn pimples on my stache area--one on either side, yes, matching pimples--one had been hanging around since just after Christmas, and the other popped up after New Year's Day. Both were not huge but pretty red and round, with no head.

I had been spot treating it with a very diluted solution of Epsom salt and tea tree oil (1 part of this mixture to maybe 5 parts water) and while it helped with redness it didn't help with reducing the size of the pimple.

Finally, I added an extra step in my routine to gently dissolve a few grains of Epsom salt on my damp face after cleansing, and massage gently then wash off. On the 3rd day or so, the first one finally showed a head so I pressed the surrounding area firmly and it was done! Slapped on a hydrocolloid bandage overnight and now it's a fading red mark 😄 The other one followed yesterday.

Oh great tip @k617! I had a weird reaction to a new murad moisturiser (hydro something) I wanted to test out 2 days ago...bad idea.. my stache also got this bump you speak of and had bumpy texture around my cheek with some redness. I was freaking out since I didn't know what was happening to my face for over 8 hrs! My face was finally getting normal and blemish free so it really annoyed me. 

Thankfully I have the Dr. Jart tiger grass cream (life saver), so I applied that after washing my face with cold water and the YTTP Vitamin cleanser..there is a huge improvement in just one day! The textured redness on the cheeks is gone and that bump is so much smaller and hopefully will be gone by tomorrow as well.  

I use the Tiger Grass cream and YTTP cleanser too!

the Epsom is good for stubborn pimples but have to be careful since it's a salt so it could be drying if used too much. Surprisingly it seems to be more effective on me if used as a cleanser/mask vs. Diluted spot treatment...

Don't read something that makes you laugh to the point of tears while you're sitting at the bar by yourself because people won't assume that's why you're crying. 

So here’s my embarrassing office story of the day.

It’s been crazy busy at work lately, and there’s a lot of pressure on some people to get certain things done, because they specialize in this type of work. One of these people under a lot of pressure is a friend, as well as a colleague. So I went over to his desk to see how he was doing, and he looked just beat. I asked if there was anything I could do, and he said he could really use a hug. So I was like, of course, no problem…but as I go in for a hug, he’s standing up from his chair to do the same, and SOMEHOW my face ends up on the inside of his arm and I leave a FULL ON LIP PRINT on his shirt. Today’s lipstick is definitely not transfer-proof, and his shirt is very unfortunately off-white, so this berry-pink lip print is super clear and obvious. Trying to dab it off did not work at all. And now he’s walking around the office all afternoon, including attending meetings, with a perfect lip print on his upper arm, kinda close to his armpit. I’m mortified.

Oh no!! I'm so sorry this happened, but hopefully it's something you can both chuckle about later on 😉

bi-phase makeup remover, grease cutting detergent and cold water. Don't try to wash with hot/warm water as it'll set the stain (or maybe as a guy he'll just take it to the dry cleaners)

I'm already getting mocked mercilessly about this. I've got other coworkers coming up to ask why their arms aren't good enough for a kiss, or just flexing their arms at me from across the room. I guess it was too much to hope that he'd pretend he had no idea where it came from, and it would never get traced back to me?

At least everyone is being good-natured about it, so I can laugh about it too 🙂

And THANK YOU for the removal advice! I told him to bring me the shirt and I'd deal with it, but he said it was fine, so I passed your advice onto him!

Ashley, I'm so sorry this happened to you, it is mortifying but I kinda giggled.  Thank you for making me laugh out loud...it's been a while.

I'm glad I could give you a laugh @makeupobesessed 😄 I admit as horrified as I was, I was also laughing. It was such an absurd situation, and I felt so bad about it, I couldn't help but laugh at myself. I don't know how I get myself in these situations!

If he has a gf/wife, I wonder what she's going to think lol :$

He does have a gf! I've met her a handful of times, and we've always been friendly, so I'm hoping that helps her understand that this was completely a weird mistake and I'm not trying to steal her man lol

Oh no!  Poor dude!  On the other hand, if you're both single and possibly interested in each other, this would be an awesome story down the road...  😉  (Or I may watch too many romantic comedies....)

I wish I was living a romcom @Tamara76! Unfortunately I'm not interested in him, and he does have a gf, so hopefully she's pretty understanding... 

Awwww I hope so, too!  

I'm browsing the Lush Mobile app. Hmmmm....those better be some fantastic dreams...

IMG_2258.PNG

I'm hoping it cooks breakfast in the morning too...

This!!!!!!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

hahaha 

maybe it's the size of a swimming pool

Maybe it's a real mattress made to look like a bar of soap!

How fun would it be to play on a bar of soap the size of a swimming pool in the rain?!

testing