Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I'm gonna slide around on it wearing a body suit & shower cap 😄 

This fancy, $43 shower cap at Sephora was made for exactly this type of event!

IMG_9218.JPG

This soap better come with a new bed for dream time at that price! 😄

OMG what kind of dreams cost so much.

So no pantone 2017 collection for Sephora this year? Usually things are out by now 🤔

Maybe they decided that leaf green color was too edgy for an entire makeup set? Or maybe having every collection except for Marsala end up in the sale section forever convinced them to drop the idea entirely...

been having fun using my two NARS "brumes" duos as a quad for some easy smokey looks. each shadow has a slightly different finish from each other, and the color synergy is lovely. just use a NARS single in blondie or new york (or whatever; this is just what i have) as a crease / transition shade if you need to warm it up at all. really great. definitely dark with a lot of contrast against my skin, but doesn't come across as too heavy or over done.

brumes.jpg

Sephora sent my order with all of the samples I requested! This is the first time that has happened. I feel today would be a good day to get a lottery ticket!! 😄 

My last order had an extra sample. Yes, an extra and it was skincare! LOL of course 2 of the others were substituted so all's in good order.

Yay!!

I've also noticed that the sample section hasn't been all fragrance lately. Even some samples that I'm genuinely interested in.  😮

So, you got the Dior mascara???  Lol! @angel7594

I picked it not thinking I would get it.  Then I saw it was up for at least another day and this weekend. I had a good feeling.

Well, opened my box to a foundation foil instead! HA!!!!

Sephora boxes starting to feel like the Beautylish Lucky Bags!  

@wheeeee, I did get the Dior mascara! 😆 I have been chumped so much in the past... lol.

LOL In that case Congrats @angel7594 Today really seems like your lucky day.

Agree!!!

Today, a couple of my students were talking about makeup and they were getting ready for PE (I'm a PE teacher, and I overhear a lot in the locker room). 

Student 1: I'm really mad! I lost the red lipstick I love.

Student 2: Oh, that sucks. But I'm so excited! I finally got my Jeffree Star lipstick! Two shades!

Me (almost impulsively): Jeffree Star is a jerk. 

You're teaching them well, @alexasteph.

I've done the same with students talking about urban decay and the naked palette.  Doesn't help that I have some packages delivered at school and they constantly see a Sephora box...

I came across this YT video on reddit. It's a full face of makeup using expired products challenge. I definitely have random eyeshadow palettes that are probably expired by now yadda yadda. But this challenge doesn't sit right with me even if some products are really OK even if expired some are not!

This does not seem like a good (or safe) idea to me at all, though I am not surprised it is happening. It reminds me of that nail polish mountain challenge. 😯

not-surprised.jpg

YT just needs to stop it with the challenges!

So what you are saying is.. your amusement with YT challenges has expired? huh.. huh? 😉 😛 😉

testing