Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I'm very much shocked to know that I doubled my spending from last year 😅But I blame a large portion of that to my new found obsession with TF.  I have no self control when it comes to pretty lippies!

I like this feature because it lets me track/curb my spending. I am happy to report that I spent only 2/3 of my 2015 spending! Huzzah!

...on the other hand, my Ulta spending went through the roof, so. 😕

Fair enough.  I guess I do feel a sense of satisfaction in knowing I was slightly better behaved this year.  Only 1/4 less but hey! 

Yes. Ignorance is bliss on this one. But on the flipside- hey sephora, thanks for making me so aware so I curb it next year!

It is way less than last year maybe because my skin care has considerably moved to non Sephora brands. Since we are talking about our spendings at Sephora only so I can say not bad !

There are a few Sephora brands I can't live without but a large chunk of my skincare is from Japan or Korea lately.  I can't really gauge properly the difference in effectiveness cause I don't have the time to do my full regimen consistently anymore.  

Yes (hangs head in shame 😞 ) but I am very proud that I spend WAY less than I did last year. Next year I plan to spend even less.

Yup! Where the heck did my money go? 😄  Oh well at least it's less than last year too! 😄

LOL @heartsmyface Like you, I'm just glad I spent less than last year. 

That's gotta count for something?! 😄

I spent more than double of last year 😧

@Mochapj @veronika23As long as the hubs never stumbles across my shame status I'm cool.  Not that he would mind...well, I'd probably get a little side eye and I don't have a convenient ready-to-use tally of his yearly hobby spend to defend myself.   Not fair! 

I have to admit that it's a bit traumatizing to realize how much you've spent at Sephora in a year especially when you've reached VIB status.  I tried to cheer myself up by convincing myself that some of the money was spent on gifts for others.  But, who am I kidding?

My VIB Rouge status, as well as the amount of money I spent on myself this holiday shopping season, is a true testament to narcissism, selfishness and a lack of discipline.  

And, how embarrassing is it when you're in the check-out line and the cashier announces--LOUDLY--how many beauty points you have and asks if you wish to redeem them?  I can almost see the thought bubble over people's heads, "Lord, what a self-obsessed heifer!"

Or you're just super frugal with your points!  Could have been saving them for years for a Paris trip or something cool!  😉

@Tamara76 Or you know, use the money for a Paris trip instead of buying makeup:) that should be my new year resolution haha.

Goals!  @Babypeachist

This is my thought process that ends me up with too many purchases..

Oh look, promo for agedefense serum! That's worth $17 if I bought it... and if I run out i have to buy it...

so If i buy something for $25, it's like I bought the serum I need anyway, and only spent an additional $8 for whatever awesome 'gift' I pick out for myself.. hey, that's a great deal!! 

*spend spend spend spend spend*

Awww, be nicer to yourself.  I have felt the tinge of embarrassment at my point total being announced loudly, but no one knows how long they've been accumulating, plus I can't be the only one who wants to try everything in sight!  

Don't worry, you're not alone. I cringe a little when they announce how many points I have. 

Yes, I felt guilty when I looked at my total. 😞

Filling us with guilt is not good for business.  Let us live blissfully unaware 

Agreed!

6 Replies
testing