Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

How does Maison Margiela make such perfect fragrances?!

*Friends, Romans, Countrymen - resist  engaging with Trojan horses.*

In other news, I ought to turn on the lights before slapping on makeup.   I often get ready without turning on the lights (with just the skylight).  I don't like bright lights in the morning after I wake up.

Well, I scared a poor kid yesterday, and I scared myself today.

Lesson learned - ish.  

I wish there was somewhere in my apartment where I could get ready with some natural light. My look in the bathroom mirror >>> my look in the bright light of day.

I'm still kind of chuckling about this lol. So I ordered my very first Tom Ford lipstick from the lips and boys collection with my reward card. I got lucky and was given 25USD which came to about 32CAD. I bought Christopher which is a beautiful colour and about $44. I was kind of thrilled in a silly way that I would be the owner of a Tom Ford lipstick.. (I've yet to really try and explore the luxury luxury beauty brands). 

So I received it this morning and thought OMG THEY SENT ME A SAMPLE OF IT INSTEAD LOL. Not even realizing that the Lips and Boys collection ARE minis.

I just think its so funny how I missed that bit ENTIRELY. I didn't even realize the full-size lipsticks are $68CAD. I mean I knew it was a prestigious brand but I'm still wowed. LOL. 

I'm still keeping the lipstick 🙂 I haven't even swatched it just yet but I know it'll be a great colour for my medium skin tone. 

The End 

🙂 

This has happened to me before....it also reminds me of the article I read on BuzzFeed yesterday ("People who didn't get what they ordered") and this was the first post....00.JPG

6.JPG

You just reminded me of this:

upload_6856317877084899431.png

upload_25098278862930206.jpg

Spoiler
upload_7034028911098287022.jpg
upload_1821591064674092084.jpg

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. 

I legit cannot stop laughing. Thank God my BF is sleeping so he doesn't think I've lost it.

I was successful at not laughing out loud and spitting water everywhere...but I was not successful at not snorting and having water go up my nose. LOL. No words can describe that last photo. LOL. 

Bahaha that must be a manufacturing error..?

What on earth? Those are the longest skinny jeans I have ever seen! 😄

That last photo!!! LOL

Looks like some kind of scuba diving get up with flippers - poor dude!

Makes me think of Adam Sandler's Scuba Steve costume in Big Daddy.

Image result for scuba steve

lol @lylysa!! love this!

You are not alone @ayeshayh a few months ago when I first time saw a TF Lips & Boys lipstick in a TSB, I thought it was a mini lipstick and there must be a full size of it 😉

@ayeshayh  hahaha. They are pretty pricey! 😄

This is none of my business, but anyway.

ABOUT HEARTS

----------------------------------------------

Since the time that BT has provided the ability to tag someone, I noticed that very rarely does someone "heart" a post - even if they have liked it.  They'd just rather tag someone and say they have liked it.

I joined BT when people would heart a post to just notify the poster that they have replied (cuz there was no ability to tag).  That is how I have ended up with so many hearts - it certainly is not cuz I earned it.  Hearts were flying around like popcorn!

What does all this mean?  It means that new posters who contribute to the community may just not get enough hearts to join TSBs and such (where there might be a minimum heart requirement).  But they might contribute quite a lot.

I am not saying that one must heart willy nilly (ETA: please don't).  But if you do like a post a lot or found it helpful (more importantly), please consider giving a heart instead of just tagging, especially if the people are new.

- Greenchilli (with many hearts, but really earned only 8 hearts)

@greenchilli,

I always try to remember to heart as well as tag, but it's good to have your reminder. 🙂

I totally still give out hearts in addition to tagging people  to say I liked someone's post or it made me laugh/feel happy or I am acknowledging that I read their response to me or that I simply support what they are going through.  I may possibly overdo it, but I think it's nice to show support.  🙂

@Tamara76 When I first started posting on BT after lurking for years, your generosity with hearts made me feel so welcome! @veronika23 and @tsavorite are the others who I felt were so welcoming!

@txcatx,  

Thank you!  You are so very nice!  😉

22 Replies
testing