Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Oooh, I can apply this while smelling the sweet aromas of my new candle 000.JPG

tarte1.JPG

My husband is going to be so happy!!

Wait...Oompa Loompas want to look pretty, too!

Maybe some people are into the Donald Trump look? 

So, I just saw my name pop up on the Wheel of So Choix November YouTube. Looks like I will be getting their "existing member" prize. What a pleasant surprise!

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.23.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.33.46 PM.png

Now I'll have to explain to my spouse why yet another So Choix package has been delivered to our home 🙂

It is ORGASM, isn't it????? Lol!!!

But, hey, You WON!!!  Congrats!!!!!

What is this site?  The one where you buy samples from?

It hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know which specific shade it is. That being said, I refuse to purchase products with sexualized names. It's my own private boycott, as prudish as it may be.

So, I do not possess Orgasm, but, I don't mind using it if it is free.

Yes, So Choix is the site that as the boxes of self-chosen samples. I really enjoy it over trying in-store, especially for items with a high ick factor (cream shadows, liquid lip products) and for things that I want to try but don't need a full size (nail colors beyond classics, yet another red lipstick). 

So I've been meaning to switch around my makeup application order for awhile and do eye makeup before face makeup to avoid fall out problems. Predictably I kept forgetting for about a month and was halfway done with my face before remembering. Well today I remembered and oh boy can I say I'm a convert now! No more streaks and colorful dots I desperately try to buff out without ruining the rest of my makeup. No siree. I'm living a new, cleaner life now.

"I like the way that it only costs $1." 😄 😄 😄 

I've definitely been that friend a few times. "Don't worry! It's just a quick color match! You'll love it." *Friend gives me a look of distrust*

Does anyone ever just want to purge their collection almost entirely, only keeping a few essentials? 

@StephaniLynn I'm currently doing a New Year declutter. Starting with makeup, then moving on to clothing and accessories, and then books and movies. I'm hoping to be done by New Year's but it's taking me a long time 😕

Well, don't put your stuff in storage during hurricane season and then leave town!!!

You might not get a choice!  hahahahahah! 

The horror! 😉

Is your perfume collection insured??  @Libellules

While I'm keeping more than a few essentials, I'm currently purging:

• Liquid formulas with doe foot applicators that are > 1 yr old
  • All lip glosses. Not my thing.
  • Lipstick formulas that I don't love. Life is too short to spend it maintaining a look with slippy/bleedy lipstick.
  • Eye shadows that aren't for me color-wise or are too hard to work with (epic fallout, resists blending).

Before I create a thread, is it possible (after all the GWPS, point perks and lipsticks I have) to go a year without buying a lipstick? And then make this a challenge?

or does it seem to be restocked as often as skincare?

Oh boy.  I definitely know I have enough lipstick to do this challenge.  Do I have the discipline though....?  

I'll participate if I can have a twelve new lipsticks buffer.  😅  One new lipstick a month.

I would say a 1 lipstick buffer for a LE Guerlain lipstick for holiday! Hahaha. 

I just saw some premium samples being unused. 

I'm in -- I'm already on a low-buy for next year when it comes to lipsticks. My only exceptions are LE items that I truly do not have dupes for, and the replacement of any lipsticks that I actually use up. And maybe a B2M at some point.

testing