Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@tehprincessjenn I am actually doing it this year.* eek.

I own sooooo many lipsticks and while I LOVE them I've never actually finished a lipstick (I'm so ashamed about that). The only one I'm sad about missing (that I can remember, so the only one that counts, I guess?) is the bite mauvember, but to be fair, it is pretty similar to last year's, and there are a few lips and boys I'm eyeing but I'm just hoping they will still be in stock in January and I can buy them then. -_-

*full disclosure I did buy a lip balm (I found out there was an irritating ingredient in aquaphor for me, so it replaces that), a lip liner, and in a tsb I got a lipstick, but yeah overall I'm pretty amazed at my self control this past year. I'm sooo close!

1. Allergic reactions to lip balms and the replacement doesn't count into a buy 🙂 

2. TSB doesn't count in

Ive melted a lipstick before. Oops! That's how that was finished! I also had lipsticks stolen. Used. Ew.

@tehprincessjenn ha I'm glad you agree that my slight exceptions don't count!! I think you can do it if you want to! I believe in you!! ugh, who would steal a used lipstick? so icky! 😞

my NARS audacious anna has been missing for about 3 weeks. please send me / her your best thoughts for her recovery.

i have this stupid habit of, when i think i've lost something (that is non-essential, of course), not realllly looking for it. because if i look hard for it and still can't find it, then i'll know it's lost. if i only half a** look for it, i can still hold out hope i'll stumble upon it.

#thoughtsandprayers

Just know she's in a pocket somewhere waiting to surprise you! 

Yes, check your pockets very carefully before you do laundry, or else Anna won' be so much "missing" as "smeared on everything you own."

Lol, I had a really bad experience with a big brown crayon in the dryer once.  

OMG a nightmare @heartsmyface Change the colour of Crayon from brown to red and imagine it in the pocket of a uniform trouser 😑  That is the mess I got on my hands.

😭😭😭. Crayons are evil.  It took me washing the load about eight or nine times before some things were salvageable.

Work clothes make the situation waaaay worse!  So sorry! 

After putting away my BBW candle haul from yesterday, I had a funny thought: what if I took all the lipsticks I don't really love/are starting to turn waxy (but I haven't the heart to throw away) and made candles out of them? Anybody ever try an experiment like this? 

That sounds really messy but maybe that's just cause I am unable to do arts and crafts like that without destroying a room and a couple pots.  

They can always be used for writing inspirational messages to yourself on a mirror, or for love messages to a special other.  

I got eyelash extentions today and they are amazing! Time will tell if they have staying power, but on day one I am in love. Eff natural-looking - I went FULL falsies drama and I totally love it!!! 🙊

An oil free makeup remover and (if you don't already) sleeping on your back will help make them last longer.  If you squish the lashes they're really hard to reshape.  The full ones last longer cause, well, more glue, so you're good there!  

I had a half set and they lasted in pristine condition for about two weeks before a couple pieces went missing here and there.  A full set is a better investment. 

@GrahamcrackersOhhh please keep us updated. I've always wanted to try this, but my worry is ripping them off when I take off my eye makeup. 

Do you wear mascara on top of the extensions? Or is that just unnecessary? 

@pixiedust2 Will do pixiedust! Mascara definitely unecessary on the top lashes, but I'll still wear it on the bottom...

OMG, That is my dream to have full drama lash extensions. Let us know how long they stay.

@fatimamummy I'm loving them so far! One thing I hadn't considered is how odd they look when I have no makeup on, messy hair, wearing PJs etc! Lol!

@Grahamcrackers Ooooo! Exciting! Please do tell how the staying power is! 

@bem564 Will do! Day 2 - so far no lashes lost! 😉

I made my first purchase from Demeter direct Thanksgiving evening (thanks WINE!), and was definitely incentivized to make the purchase because they advertised a free Myrrh diffuser oil and reeds with a $30 purchase.

Well, I received my package yesterday and the free gift was not included 😞 I was bummed, thought maybe they ran out of free gifts but it had been included on my packing slip and everything so I sent a little inquiry email.

Didn't hear back all evening, but happy to report that I just received a shipping notification email from a Demeter employee apologizing and that my free gift was on the way. Great!

I was worried it wouldn't be a positive transaction because, well I just expect the worst when it comes to companies I haven't yet dealt with, and figured this would be my first and last Demeter purchase, but because of this, I will be happy to make more purchases! Great CS.

1 Reply
testing