Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@darkiceis I totally feel where you're coming from. Unfortunately (for me), I get burned out on shopping/deals by nov/dec that I hardly take advantage of any deals at that time of yr. it's been like this for the past 2+ yrs where I haven't been working so I deal hunt.

wait...I guess I actually get great deals throughout the year, so except for limited releases, I really don't miss out on much except maybe slower shipping and longer lines 😛

Until Dec 2 when you get your Rouge coupon!  ;')

I need to be good like you and be on a no buy too. In fact, I'm gonna be an inverse buy and gonna return some things that I turned out not liking so that should help 😧 

I feel ya. I keep saying this is my last purchase I swear and then oooooh, new deal! It's so hard to resist the truly amazing deals. Several purchases later I still haven't stopped. I may have to hide my credit cards and ask my sister to change my Paypal password LOL

I keep forgetting how crazy the sales are around this time of the year. I must remember to resist in early 2017 and save my purchases for year-end.

Watch me frantically purchase things on MAC on the 4th (the  last day of the sale)! 😄  I wanted lipsticks and added too many and took 'em out of my cart and kept doing that for a bit lol I also added look in the box kits and figured I didn't like the lip products in the boxes so left those too.

The new EDSFs are OOS atm so I sort of want to wait and see if they come back or maybe I should go in store. Or maybe I just shouldn't. That's how my brain is functioning today- or I should say this season 😄

Same here! Good thing I actually like eating rice and beans. 😊

MAC 25% off the entire site.

I so far have stopped myself from buying anything even though I was excited on the MAC thread- I realized I need to STOP 😄 See you saying NO to me did help eventually. Slowly but surely hahaha Plus I need to save some $$ for the gift card purchase at Sephora! 

LOl what did you buy at Mac?

I used to be heavy handed with the bronzer/contour...mostly because the lighting in my bathroom is bad so whenever I apply it to my face I can't really see it. But my new look that I'm really digging right now is just blush, no contour/bronzer. I was inspired by Joanna Gaines's makeup. 

In the comments of this IG post:

Screenshot_2016-11-28-18-27-31-1.png

This exchange made me LOL 😄

Screenshot_2016-11-28-18-27-43-1.png

Hahahaha! #CarolineHironsMadeMeDoIt 😄

I did not get the joke here 😞

I am home sick today from a sinus infection and my skin is DRY-AF! Got a idea of what I am going to look like in 10 years... *sigh*

Anyhow.. doing a Fresh Tea mask from my stash of 7-day fresh challenge sample foils.. I forgot how much I love the smell of this stuff. What is it, green bananas?

On a side note. the mouth-breathing and snoring caused dry-mouth and cracking in the inside of my upper lip, which then swelled.. is it wrong that I am like.. daaaaang, I WOULD look good with some lip injections? or is that the meds talking... ooh.. purple bunnies!! 

I hope you feel better soon @Insomniacmuffin! 🙂

I love the masks from Fresh, my favorite is the Rose.

@angel7594 literally everytime i use those rose masks i have an insane craving to brew up some real sweet tea like my mom used to make (the american version)

Funny story, kinda? about that.. 

Growing up in Canada we were pretty poor.. not "oh, my xbox is not the most current" kind but the actual "hope the landlord gives us a few extra days to find rent" kind.. and my mom used to brew sweet tea from actual tea bags, then chill it in the fridge all the time.. I thought we drank it because we were poor and couldn't' afford the 'real' kind that comes from the crystals that everyone  else buys..I used to be SO embarrassed when my mom offered it to my friends for that very reason..  it was only many many many years later that I found out it was just an American thing she did, lol. 

Ah, childhood. I don't miss the acne.

I'm laughing at myself. I rarely shop online at places like forever 21 in part because I like to try clothes on first, but primarily because I don't want to pay shipping when I'm trying to buy cheap items, and since the clothes are so cheap I tell myself I won't hit the $25-$50 free shipping mark anyhow.

Cue the free shipping deal, I actually look through the site and next thing I know I'm over double what it would usually take to get free shipping lol. I did end up cutting down, but maybe the $50 isn't as unrealistic as I first thought.

I haven't shopped at Forever21 in years. I recently went back there to buy a cheap basic turtleneck for my halloween costume, and I'm finding they have many styles and trends that interest me. But alas, many things are indeed cheap and thin

It's always a bit risky, occasionally there are some surprisingly well made things for a great price, but other times they definitely epitomize "disposable fashion."

I used to be so addicted to Forever 21 lol 

I definitely go through phases with it, but I guess right now the trends are lining up with my style and I'm having trouble resisting all the stores, so having a cheap place to find thing is pretty nice haha XD

Ha, when I hit my late 20s, I had to convince myself I was too old to shop at Forever 21, so I headed down the street to...H&M. Actually, I worked at a mall with an H&M when I was in college, and that's where my paychecks went. Well, that and Clinique counters and pink drinks served out of fishbowls from this place called the Ugly Tuna Saloona...

2 Replies
testing