Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@MSena

I never wore any makeup to school, so you are way ahead of me on that.

I wear makeup in a way that feels most like me.  Most of us develop a style that is us over time, no?  A red lip, bare eyes, and hair down - that is me.  I can take on the world.

I have a love/hate relationship with red. I always see so many pretty red lipsticks released, but I'm hesitant to buy many because I'm worried I'll have a dupe for it already. I love seeing the contrast between my dark hair and a good red lipstick, though!

@k617 you look fabulous with red lips so I'm on board with you buying many red lippies...

however, I agree that there's just too many reds out there that we buy "just in case" we're missing something lol. 

Reds are like roaches.... where there is one, there are many. I barely wear red these days, yet there are literally a million in my collection. 

@mrsbaine I'll believe that! From what I remember from your posts, you have an impressive collection of everything. 

I can only imagine what your "all my reds" swatches would be. Probably epic. 

@MSena -- Whichhat color/brand are the second from the right and the second from the left? And the one in the spoiler? Thanks! 

@Miradan Here you go! 😄 

vibrouge_12.jpg

Second from the right is "NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Cruella."

The one in the spoiler is Marc Jacob's "So Rouge" in darker natural light ... the one that was limited 😞  

@MSena thank you!

I keep collecting red lipsticks, too, and I also rarely wear them! I feel like they're a little overkill for wearing to work, so I keep them for going out or special occasions. But then I realize that the older I get, the more I hate crowds and dealing with downtown parking and just the bar scene in general, so I stay home and watch Netflix. And since my friends are now all married and having kids, girls' nights involve going to a suburban wine bar or pizza and a movie at someone's new house. 

Man, I need to get out more...

@txcatx I'm the same way! I prefer staying in with a glass of wine and Netflix, especially during winter when all hell breaks loose with the snow.

I envy people who can wear red lips on a regular basis because it's a special occasion thing for me haha 

Red lipsticks are overkill for work and I wear them anyhow 😉

I work in an office where half the people are wearing scrubs and no makeup, so red lipstick is overkill for my specific job! 

the rich pigment indeed is mesmerizing! 

My niece is spending the weekend at my place.  

After she showered I was picking up after her in the bathroom, kids lol. I noticed my 2 konjac sponges on the the ledge of the tub and they were wet. I asked her if she used them and she said yes. I laughed so hard because I told her that they are for the face not body.  What's even more funny is that they both had small tears in them. Who knows how rough she was with them, she is a little person and as if one sponge would not have been enough she felt that she needed to use two.

I can never be mad at her, shes just a child and I love her so much. I also have a back up of those sponges anyways because I liked them so much.  🙂

Awe that's cute - at least you're okay with it and she had her fun 🙂 Kids do that to a person's heart lol

854f31ab7530f7366c5ba15644788fea.jpg

I just thought this was really funny... THANKS SEPHORA.

asdf.PNG

Was this item in your basket? Just wondering...

Hahahah, what are you trying to say Sephora?!?!?

Maybe some BT users already knew this, but I just figured out I can fix a quick chip in my nail polish. I just add a little polish where the chip is and cover it with my top coat 😮

When I tried this in the past, it was bumpy and noticeable. But I finally figured out why top coats are a must! It completely meshed my old polish with the new one!!

I was waiting and waiting and waiting for payday so I could get the 

FOREO

LUNA™ mini 2 Mint with belif - Merry Minis. It's been in and out of stock. It came in stock yesterday. 1 1/2 hours before I got paid it went out of stock again 😞 I ended up getting the Belief Best Sellers on the Go kit and the Luna Mini 39 dollar kit to try. I ended up saving a ton of money and I get to try the same stuff plus more. Granted the mini doesn't have a rechargeable battery. But it will be nice to test it before I spend a lot on it. 

i thought this was lovely, particularly at the end when she's putting on her lipstick and then talks about what beauty means to her / the french sensibility. 

3 Replies
testing