Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

LOL! This made my morning. Aint nobody tryna deal with them shipping costs!

hahahahahah!  

During the Sale I accidentally clicked on the CAN side.  Didn't know. So, when I was searching for the Sephora Favorites sets only saw that there were like 7 or 8.

I thought.....Wow! These are flying off the shelf with the 20% off.  hahahaha!

Then I realize it was the CAN side.

How can that be?  7-8 kits in CAN but there were 41 in USA. 

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo depressed this morning. 😞

The Canadian immigration website crashed wth so many of us trying to get visa and work permit info. I would really consider at least planning a trip and seeing if it's for me....it's that bad in America right now 😔

I was planning to research exactly how cold parts of Canada gets! 

Alternative plan is look for a job at the UN. A friend in Switzerland sent me a list of job postings last night.

Stay outta the prairies and the weather isn't too bad.  

It depends where you live in Canada and how cold it gets. 

My brother's family lives near the border close to Niagara Falls, and I have cousins in Vancouver. I'm thinking Vancouver would probably have better weather. But, if I lived in Toronto, I could hang out with my adorable, two-year-old niece more often! Off to look at job postings or find a Canadian to marry...

Lol and here my daughter was worried what if Miley Cyrus and other celebrities really move here, I had to assure her that she won't be asked to share her room with them 😉

ahhhh, she sounds so sweet.  Do you ever take her to concerts?  Well, I don't think Miley is PG! ;')  One day.

Expect a lot of traffic tomorrow, Canada!!!

haahhahahhahah!  Trump 2016! 

No I haven't and she doesn't like Miley. According to her " Why her tongue 👅 always hangs out of her mouth, that looks gross " 😂😂😂

You don't pay for shipping unless you meet the C$50.00 requirement

What about Rouge?  Y'all get free shipping....no strings attached????

Yup! Rouge always get free shipping! I've made orders of $5.00 and $450.00, and both get free shipping! 

BMPfg3RAIlU.jpg

Random Observation of mine: I am a "higher end" makeup lover and I don't tend to turn to drugstore products too often. However, in my quest for the "perfect foundation" it is the drugstore options that consistently blow me away (Maybelline Fit Me, L'Oreal Pro Matte for the summer and most recently, Pro Glow for cooler months)

I have tried so many high end foundations which I desperately want to love but apparently, my perfect complexion only costs about $12.99....sigh.

Don't worry; I make up for it in all other areas.

I used to love my "high-end" foundations too! But lately, I've been loving the Pro Glow! It's the only drug store foundation that has worked for me, and I grab it all the time. I barely ever touch my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Estee Lauder DW, MAC, or Nars Sheer Glow anymore. But I still LOVE my YSL Ink Fusion, nothing beats that hehe. 

pet peeve: people who are giving the NARS velvet lip glides bad reviews because they don't dry down like regular liquid lipsticks. um......they're not supposed to ? you just weren't paying any attention to what they are ???!!!! that shouldn't warrant a bad review !

(this is not my nars bias speaking: i realllllly love these)

Or when people diss a mascara for not being waterproof when NOWHERE in the product's description does it say that it's supposed to be waterproof...*cringe*

I was thinking of your post while looking at the new LM Caviar eye stick set. 

People look at reviews to get an idea of what the product is actually like. It's not fair for people to give the item one star because the set wasn't released during the sale. There are about 5 reviews on there and not one talks about the product, performance, etc

The first di palette nars had it didnt work out for me but this satah moon one is amazing, i love it, and people already rated it down.

testing