Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

OMG seriously -_-

The VIB Rouge Umbrella I got as a GWP is probably the best thing I've gotten as a GWP from Sephora! It's been so useful and I've gotten so many compliments on it lol. 

Oh I got a free umbrella from Sephora when they first opened up in London, Ontario... Which was about 6 years ago, and the first 100 or something people to make a purchase got a free full sized umbrella.  Omg, that umbrella is still kickin! No issues! I have bought umbrellas which have been $40 and they broke within a year.  That Sephora umbrella has been going strong! Lol I love it so much, it's also that type that flings open itself and blossoms into a beautiful sphere.

By the way I'm describing this umbrella you'd think it was some prized possession of mine, hah! @Mcakes

No I totally get it @sabrinas!! Even my husband is amazed at how well it works compared to other umbrellas we have bought haha.

@Mcakes, I agree, I really love mine too. Someone even offered to buy mine, though I cannot part with it because it is so cool/ useful. It rains a lot where I live. 😄

I can't part with mine either @angel7594 haha. I love it!

Random thought/observation share time:

Yesterday the 4 Pinch Provisions MiniMergency Kits I purchased to be part of Christmas gifts for my bf's cousins arrived (yay); however, I realized that 3 our of the 4 boxes has expiration stickers on them and all were marked for 3/16! I opened them all (luckily I had no seals to break, so it's not like I ruined the packaging) and sure enough, the Advil 2 pack in each one were marked with that date and thus expired! The lip balms that came in 3 our of the 4 were also expired! What the heck!?!!?

I had purchased two of the slim kits from Urban Outfitters not long ago for my cousin as part of Christmas gifts for her bf's sisters so I grabbed those to check and while they didn't have expiration tag stickers, I opened up the kits anyway and sure enough.....expired Advil. Luckily the lip balms weren't expired.

While I know it's not the end of the world, it's an inconvenience that I was just blindsided by. Sure I can always go to Target or Walgreens and buy a pack of Advil in little 2 pill packs and just replace the expired ones, but now that means time and money going toward that versus not needing to do that if they weren't expired in the first place. It's not such a big deal that I won't replace it myself, but the lip balm that was expired is a different story, I can't just find the PP branded mini lip balm anywhere, it's not even available on the brand's website for a refill. So either I take it out of the set and hope my bf's cousin doesn't notice that something advertised on the box is missing, or just leave it in and pretend like I never noticed there was an expired product. 

I emailed Sephora CS about it, not sure there's much that can be done (heck, no store within 100 miles of me has the one kit with the expired balm for me to exchange it with) because I know it's not like Sephora packed each kit, but word to those who plan on ordering these kits...they may or may not come with expired product. 😞

Colour Pop takes forever to ship and now my items are taking forever in transit. So annoying. Turns me off oerdering again and this was my first order placed with them. May everything arrive safely in one piece #firstworldprobs. K mini rant over. 😃

@jesscheems Yeah Colourpop is really hit or miss! I've ordered from them four times now.  The second time, they misprinted my address and took a 0 off my house number so it went to another house.  Thankfully it just happened to go to a house which was only a 5 minute walk away, and thankfully the lady was home and very sweet about opening her mail box for me so I could get my makeup lol.  The third time, it took about 2 weeks to get my stuff which I think is long for something being shipped within the USA.  My 4th order is currently in transit, I bought on Sunday, it was shipped out yesterday, and shows to be arriving this Saturday which I'm okay with!

@sabrinas Sounds crazy. Hopefully my things arrive someday lol. That is definitely a hit and miss 😬I guess people put up with it for the pricing. But with the Canadian exchange I think I'll pass in the future ☹️

My random thoughts for today...

Didn't I just do a hefty lip purge a month ago??? Why in the world did I purchase the gold Bite Beauty gloss just now? Not to mention I picked up the 25 anniversary Smashbox lip palette when Beauty(dot)com was having their end sale and I haven't even touched the thing....

Didn't I just do a purge on samples and pawned a bunch to my cousin???? Why am I still having trouble finding room for the new makeup I'm buying? Oh....because I made new purchases...that's why I have little room.

Because it is beauuuuuuuutiful!!!! 

As as far as pace goes, I'm right with you on that one.  The whole year was spent trying to minimize and I've blown all my efforts in three weeks.  I feel like I'm running out of friends to pawn stuff on.  It's now reached the point I either have to get them intoxicated first or sneak stuff into their bags😅

The month was fun but I guess it's time for another no buy.  

@heartsmyface, I'll drink to that! 😉

OMG, when Beauty(dot)com was going out of business they had so many promos, sales, and discounts! They did a 20% off, which stacked on top of already discounted site prices, had GWP bags filled with samples (some were foil bags while others had deluxe trial sizes), and emails saying "Add this deluxe sample into your bag with any purchase!". I would purchase sooooo much! Then Ulta had their Beauty Breaks and GWP bags with X purchase amount, and point bonuses......

I have bags to hold skin care, makeup, and hair goodies I get....I need to just start packing samples into Christmas gifts as I prepare them! Haha!

This is so pretty, I just had to share!

I've always loved lipsticks from Lise Watier (Canadian Brand), they have quite a few metallic/frost colours that are super pretty. My first metallic red lipstick was actually by Lise Watier, I think!

A few months ago I saw that their holiday collection had a ballet theme called Arabesque, and I was super excited for the pretty blush that looks like a ceiling medallion.

Seeing that SDM had 20x the points on beauty, I had to get the blush. What I didn't expect to like was the eye shadow palette (as if I need another eye shadow palette!). The middle shade is glittery and had lots of fall out, but the two dark shades...wow!! Frosty, beautiful and buttery. I swatched with the shadows with those terrible sponge applicators and they were quite pigmented. Had to get it, too.

IMG_0921.JPG

It's too bad the pattern on the blush isn't deeper/more prominent.

IMG_0923.JPG

And the pretty packaging... gold foil and glitter scrolls over a white background.

IMG_0922.JPG

I'll never not laugh at nipple blush. 😄

Uh, I mean, very pretty stuff, @k617! Sorry I'm 12.

This is just something that's a tad annoying to me, people raving about the Kopari melt. It's been featured in youtube videos and people are actually buying it for $36. It's just coconut oil...do people not do their research into products? Do they not care that you could get the exact same product - probably even better quality tbh from Whole Foods or Trader Joes? It's also a massive rip off. I'm Indian and I've used coconut oil for essentially everything from hair to food all my life and I cannot understand paying more than $3 for coconut oil. Perhaps this is one of those "hipster" trends. 

Lots of people are probably familiar with this already, but I thought this was explained really well, so I'm posting it here for any eyeshadow noobs:

Having fun tonight!

Americans saying they are heading to Canada tomorrow!

Do they know that Sephora-Canada suxs????

(so, I have heard!!!!!!) ahhahaahahaha!

I'd rather deal with our new POTUS than start paying for shipping! lol!!!

The Horrrrorr!

201511_1808_ighbe_sm.jpg

I was born and raised in Canada and am actually still a citizen so I couldn't vote yesterday.

Today I woke up to so many messages from family members who still live there asking if I'm moving back now. LOL.

Also saw this on Facebook today and thought I'd share. I laughed 🙂

Canada Right Now.png

hahahaha!  People were asking me back in May.  The Canadians I met in Jamaica.

In your photo....did you marry an American?

(it looks like a couple's photo) 

testing