Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@patronbleu and @sabrinas, exactly. Also, check out the product Q & A. People ask what makes it different than the variety found at a natural grocery, and someone associated with the brand comically attempts to claim that their coconuts are special.

Also, the packaging, while a step up from the natural grocery variety in appearance, is not nice enough to keep on my counter. I would rather buy the cheap stuff, and transfer a little into a dainty & pretty container for display.

I buy a 70 oz organic coconut oil from Costco for $20 😄 

I think its pretty packaging and girls not knowing any better! Coconut oil is coconut oil, a fancy label slapped on it doesn't make it perform any better. 

Same! 

@SheWhoSkis Yes!! Oh my goodness, when I saw this I audibly laughed.  I see that the brand has other products which I guess are sorta unique, but damn... That coconut oil is JUST that, coconut oil! I thought maybe the ingredients would show me something special, but nope!  You know though that people are going to pay for it because it's sold at Sephora, therefore it must be better/different.

I'm all for brands entering the market, but when it's already full of other cheaper options, why bother?

I thought that they would at least go the route of Fresh with its Seaberry oil. (Seabuckhorn oil mixed with other things). If you guys can, get just the seabuckhorn oil (aplipikha Ap-li-pi-kha in Russian) is about $8 for a 12oz bottle (I get it from the russian food store). Its used to heal skin irritations, minor cuts, eczema and so on. 

Because it sells right, I mean there are companies/people selling jars of air.... from different places in the world, such as "this air is from the mountains of Canada". As long as there's a market for it, they'll keep selling it. 

So while I think its a complete ripoff, kudos to them for making it and marketing it well enough to sell I guess. 

reminds me of this Moments "article" on twitter talking about how Neiman Marcus sells thanksgiving food. They had collard greens for $55 or something crazy like that. And apparently they always sell out! Just amazing.

Anonymous Insider

I just bought an accidental MR palette because I forgot I picked on up during F&F.  Yep, I may have a shopping problem, lol.

Shopping problem is when you went from a $820 spend at Sephora to a $1400 year to date spend 😧 

Which side of the border are you located @Anonymous ? 

Maybe I can take the extra one off your hands if you haven't returned it 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@fatimamummy I'm in NYC.  I haven't returned it yet, I was going to see if there was anything I wanted to exchange it for before the sale is over.  Let me know if you want it though.

Oh I am in Canada @Anonymous so I think it won't be economical so go ahead and exchange it for something fun!

Yaaargh I lost one of the items I was going to purchase in the sale and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it was. I thought I had loved everything I was planning to buy but I guess I missed something. I'm pretty sure it was $39 or $40 pre-sale price (detective work based on the amount left toward Rouge now versus what my cart said before) but I've feel like I've looked through the entire site and still can't figure it out. Guess I didn't need whatever it was too desperately!

I also had a long list of what I was gonna buy. I've been consolidating and trimming since the sale started. Maybe you got it in place of getting two things?

I just remembered that I still needed to make a purchase while reviewing my loves list. Maybe you've got it saved onto there. If its not there take it as a sign. You can get it at the upcoming 20off of 50 sale.

Congratulations to Nura Afia, Sephora (Park Meadows, Denver) employee and beauty blogger who is now featured in Cover Girl's mascara campaign. It's the first time CG has featured a woman wearing a hijab in a campaign. The Denver Post had a lovely article on her; I wish BT terms would allow me to share the link. 

Oh is that nuralailalov on YouTube? I love her videos 🙂

@jesscheems, I believe so. Nuralailalov was mentioned in the article. I have not seen her work, but since she is a Denverite (my city, too), I saw the article in the local newspaper. It can likely be found by searching for her name on the Denver Post site. 

I caved with Ebates and took the Sephora gift card, too bad that they actually didn't have a bonus for doing the gift card.  I only got a gift card for what I was supposed to receive in cash back. It's ok I guess because I ended up using it for another Sephora order. I need this sale over asap, I think that I might place another order though, someone save meeeee....

Did I miss something?  Are rouges now being charged shipping?  Cause I just paid for shipping before realizing it.    Aaaaaand even if I weren't rouge, I spent well over the $50 to qualify for free shipping. 

My two orders from this sale have free shipping as usual! definitely look into it.

Its free shipping for me!!

1 Reply
testing