Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I once had a Neiman Marcus salesperson explain to me that blemishes on chins were likely hormonal. Maybe that's what she was getting at, but without tact?

I live across from a Sephora and a SiJCP. It takes all my willpower to only go there about one a week. The good thing about being a frequent visitor and purchaser is that some of the SIJCP SA's will throw a few samples in my bag. 

Because it's October,

I wish they gave out mini lipsticks and blush and eyeshadows for halloween instead of mini-sized candy bars. Or both. Both is good. 

Yesssssss!  💗💗💗💄💄💄

I would trick or treat all night loooooonnnnnggg!

I just finished my depotting project and wanted to share 😄

I bought an XL MUFE metal palette and 2 medium ones. I initially intended to depot all of my LORAC shadows including the Mega Pro 3 with the terrible white packaging into the XL, but after depotting the Unzipped palette, I'm scared.

The LORAC shadows are very soft and fall apart if I'm not uber careful to not bend the pan in any way. I had two casualties and was able to successfully repress both into their pans, but one will fall out completely now in one solid piece so I have to keep the palette flat or at a very shallow incline only... I don't have the right tools to press them properly, so that could be why.

So for now, this palette only has the Unzipped palette and Stila Sun. If I buy other singles, I will put them in here. I had them in the XL palette in this photo but moved them to the medium palette which is much smaller. If I get the Unzipped Gold I *might* attempt to cut apart the packaging and use heat to depot carefully, but I'm a little iffy now.

IMG_0514.JPG

The Smashbox palettes, on the other hand, are a dream to depot. The pans pop out easily using a thin blade and no heat, and I had two shadow casualties (which I did repress into the pans) but I did depot 70+ shadows so that's not too bad. I was getting annoyed with the packaging of the Master Class 3 and Art Love Color palettes which have both eye shadows and blush/highlight, so I depotted all the face powders into the other medium MUFE palette, and all the shadows into the XL palette. I also depotted the mini On the Rocks palette. I was shocked that the shadows filled the XL palette, I was only expecting the palette to be partially full!

The face palette is messy but the only orientation I could get all of the products to fit. Finally, I don't need to take out an entire eyeshadow palette just to use the Contour powder (bottom right, my fav):

IMG_0513.JPG

My mega Smashbox palette:

IMG_0553.JPG

Needless to say, my experience with the Lorac shadows  have me a little scared to depot some of my other palettes. Initially I wanted to depot my ABH and Laura Mercier palettes but I think I will keep them in the original packaging.

That's a big achievement ! How did you repress shadows @k617 ? I repressed only one eyeshadow ever but the look and quality entirely changed after repressing 😏

I'm seriously consider depotting my ABH shadows, but I'm terrified that I would shatter all of them. Sigh.

I keep spritzing nice scents of me right before I have to godo something that will largely remove them. I just put some Guerlain Myrrhe Et Delires on my wrists but I have to go wash off a mask now.. sigh 😞

Sidenote: Myrrhe Et Delires is absolutely lovely! It seemed a bit too sweet when I first received my 5ml decant in summer, but now that it's cooler, I love its spicy warmth.

Bought a blush and the new 1.0 toner at the Clinique counter Sunday because I went to the Benefit brow bar they just put in Macy's.  Just got a text from the rep. making sure I liked everything.  I had to stare at it for a few minutes because I totally forgot what actual attentive service feels like when makeup shopping.  

Beautylish does this too! I was amazed the first time it happened.

Neiman Marcus does this, too, and I love it! And they let me know when there's a GWP I may like. 

Not sure what kind of person this makes me but Brandy's song "have you ever" came on the radio today and I fell into a trance with my eyes glazed over thinking about my modern mercury highlighter.

Ok so I just read that COSMO designed a car for women... ugh what? I have no words for this poopfest.

No thank you, Cosmo. I have two tiny humans who will start World War III if they have to sit within two feet of each other in the car, so I'll stick to my awesome Swagger Wagon (note: actual name that Toyota calls my Sienna). 🙂

No thanks! I refuse to drive cars deemed "chick cars". They don't appeal to me.

This one is a literal chick car! 

AMEN to that!

LOL.  If you're curious like me, you can watch it walk (drive?) the runway here.  

I think my favorite part is that the female model didn't even get to drive it down the runway -- or open her own door! 

I'm so confused by what I just watched. lol.

hahahaha 😄

The headlights are cool, and its a prettyish color. Thats it though. 😕 

It's ugly too - honestly though I really came to post cause I saw the word poopfest and laughed like a middle schooler out loud. thanks V! It's been a long day.

2 Replies
testing