Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yes! I installed these this morning. My inner child made me do it. They are just too cute!! ๐Ÿ˜„

These are sooooo cute!

LOL! too funny. Going there to do that now. Love it โค๏ธ thanks @Milou07

Anonymous Insider

Sephora now takes PayPal?!?  How long has this been?!? 

@Anonymous,

Thanks for this info.  This is good news!

Good going, Sephora! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just noticed that a day or two ago!

A proud moment ๐Ÿ˜‰

image.jpeg

@fatimamummy,

I hope this was tongue in cheek, because it made me chuckle!

A proud moment, indeed!  ๐Ÿ™‚

That is so cool!! ๐Ÿ˜

Congrats on hitting pan! Nars light reflecting powder? Must be good then ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes and yes @Anewxa !

OMG congrats @fatimamummy lol โค๏ธ

Why thank you dear @jesscheems

I loooove Bite Beauty's "Liquorice." It is the best blood red on me, but it's very wet and creamy.

So I apply one layer and used Boscia charcoal blotting paper. Then applied a second layer and blotted away the moisture and oils again.

Pretty much made it kiss-proof! Waaaay easier to wear it matte, and feels more comfortable.

I am just now realizing that my eyelids are not totally symmetrical. This is after creating many, many bad wings in the past while struggling to match the left's liner to the right's (picture overdrawn, unintentionally dramatic winged liner when trying to do a subtle flick).  

I can't believe it took me so long to notice that my right eye is slightly more hooded. Haha, I guess I assumed that all eyes are symmetrical by default. Here's to better liner days!

My eyes are the same! It's a major source of unnecessary anxiety.

ok i'm 90% sure the laura mercier foundation primer breaks me out. the radiance version does not. bummer man, especially as i now have to nurse 2 whoppers that popped up over just two hours ๐Ÿ˜ž

Laura Mercier foundation breaks me out, but I'm forever grateful that the sales lady who sold me that foundation also introduced me to their setting powder, which I love.

Wondering if anyone knows of any careers for RNs in the beauty industry?

I would love to do something part time in beauty since I only work 3 days as a nurse.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm assuming you're looking outside of plastic surgery and dermatology centers? I'd probably look at job postings at major beauty companies that own many brands (Estee Lauder, Loreal, etc.) just to get an idea of what they're looking to hire. It might be difficult to find a part time RN job outside of doctors' offices and hospitals, though.

I know there are several other people struggling with dermatitis of the face, so I just wanted to quickly share that I'm pretty sure I discovered the cause of mine.

It was a biotin deficiency! I visited the derm and they did some tests and found I was biotin deficient. I had some other symptoms like lethargy, weak nails, hair shedding, and numbness in my hands and feet. I've been taking biotin for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten a rash yet - and it was getting pretty bad lately. I have even tested it with my main trigger product (vitamin C), and things still look good. 

If you're struggling with dermatitis, it may be worth checking out. @Gwenhwyfar found it was causing hers as well.

6 Replies
testing