Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

There are certainly better ones out there... but I just can't. This is one of the worse examples I've seen in person. It is currently 4C outside (~40F), why?!

The boot is too tight for the foot to begin with.To top it off, the pinky toe is also sporting a dirty bandaid.

image1.JPG

Personally, I think toeless boots look better when the heel is a high stiletto/thinner heel or a tall chunky heel, AND the heel is also open.

@NancieNano @txcatx @TriesToBoClassy @mella900 @angel7594

@k617 I live in a hot climate where it's still 90F outside and will be for the foreseeable future. Boots with cutouts are impractical here, because they make your feet hot and sweaty. Or at least that was my experience when I bought a pair on clearance at DSW years ago! Those boots went straight to a swap meet after I wore them once.

@k617 definitely too tight. the front part ALMOST looks like electrical tape wrapped around her foot. Also that's the biggest toe opening I've seen by far...I've never seen such a shoe. I initially thought you were talking about boots with a peep toe, where technically it is open toe but you can only see like 2 tippy toes. I can enjoy them with the right outfit, but this shoe is like peep foot.

I think peep toe would be significantly better. Still not practical for our climate here, but I have yet to see a peep toe boot in person. For some reason, whenever I see open toed boots, they are always WAY open like these, all toes and toe gaps exposed. Maybe I don't notice the peep toes because they are more subtle? @mella900

I think some people can pull the look off.. but the only time I see people in my city wear them is in fall, and it's CHILLY here in fall. I feel the same way about people who wear shorts in the winter. I'm Canadian and Canadians are known to wear shorts even when it's not hot out, BUT I'm talking winter...way below freezing...snow on the ground. WHY?!

But...does anyone actually like this shoe?

Hahaha @txcatx that is a very good question!

I agree with most of what you said, but in defence of toeless booties- they seem to make sense in, say, SF, where the weather is mild year round. Shoes covering the top of your feet makes walking in heels much easier, while letting some air in is nice on balmy days. 

No need to defend if you like these booties @TriesToBoClassy ! We all like different things, my style just happens to be simple/classic (vs. trendy) when it comes to fashion!

I live in a climate with actual seasons, so I would never wear boots in warm/hot weather--hence I don't see the point of toeless boots. Balmy weather = airy footwear automatically for me which means flats is pretty much the most covered up I'd go in warm weather (unless the rain is calling for rain boots)!

I've tried to think of when you'd wear this....I can't think of anything. it being fleece lined makes it worse like....your toes are out in the open but good thing your ankles are warm!

They should be called fuggs. I cannot think of one single thing these would look good with, either.

LMAO @angel7594

Looks like something you'd wear after breaking your foot, lmao

wait SO TRUE this looks almost like the boot I wore when I tore some ligaments in my ankle. just minus the fleece.

Dyyyyying, cannot stop laughing!!! XD

LOL, definitely not on my wishlist. 😆

YoungWildandPolished just made a video about false lashes underneath your real lashes.

OMGAAAAWWWD!! I have monolids. Lashes don't feel good on my lid, nor do I have much to blend in well with the falsies. So this trick looks amaaaazing.

I tightline and draw a wing before lashes, but tightlining is pretty important since you'll have width and material of the lashes underneath your eye, which can be visible against the white of your eye.

Then I use the outer portion of false lashes that are too long for my whole eye anyway on the outer corner. And one little clump (like an individual lash) next to that portion, almost in the center of my eye.

This gives me that flared, wing false lash look that really suits my eye shape. You can cut a whole lash band in two pieces to apply a full eye of lashes, YWP just doesn't recommend trying to apply the whole band in one piece with this method. It looks so natural, feels way more comfortable for me, too!!!

Random but not beauty related..

Spoiler
I just received my job offer for a job I had to go to 4 interviews and beat out 55 other applicants.. i got everything i wanted and the job is amazing!! It isnt the top dream job yet, but it is the top dream job of the next rung of my career path..which is now only 1 rung away from the pinacle of where i want to be! I am so frikkin excited..not gonna get any sleep tonight!!! 

Congrats 🙂

congrats-glitter-for-share-on-myspace.gif

Congratulations! What a great feeling! 

5 Replies
testing