Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Every time I see this Bliss eye serum, I think it's a fancy tampon wrapper.

bliss

http://www.sephora.com/firm-baby-firm-tm-total-eye-system-P379576?skuId=1541507&icid2=products%20gri...

Lol omg that does look like one!

Anonymous Insider

Ha! Yes!!!

LOL yes.

yes so true!

It really does look like one, which makes the "firm baby firm" writing on it even funnier to me!  😄

Anonymous Insider

Advice Needed.  Thought that this was the best place to post since it's pretty random.  I'm a pretty big Disney fan.  I stalked the Sephora website for the Minnie mirror for weeks.  So when Coach collaborated with disney and I missed it, I went to eBay.  

The bag arrived on Saturday and seemed a little off.  So I compared it to the same style in a different color.  THen I emailed the seller.  This was the response I received:

Spoiler
Thank you for letting us know your concerns. The bag you received was from original Coach Disney X Mickey Mouse Kisslock manufacturer. It is form the same original bulk production and is 100% authentic. However, I just confirmed with supplier, this factory does not print the booklet and they run out the dust bag.

We apologize for missing the booklet and the sub dust bag. We are willing to either refund you $10 for missing the booklet and dust bag, or you can return the whole shipment back to us for a full refund.

Please let us know how would you like to proceed.

What should I do?

1. Just return it and forget about it?
  2. Report the item as counterfeit?
  3. Keep it as only a truly obsessive person would be able to tell the difference?
  4. Stay off eBay?
  5. ___________________

This is the bag I wanted

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 3.12.24 AM.png

I'd contact eBay first, file a counterfeit claim and see what they recommend.

Sending the bag back without reporting it could lead to problems as the seller could refuse to refund on the basis that you ruined the bag. Sadly, this happened to me once and I hadn't even taken the item out of it's wrapping, certainly not damaged it, but the seller claimed it was ruined. I eventually got my money back, but it was a big hassle.  If you do send it back, take pictures of the bag before you pack it up and a photo of it securely packed in it's box.

I would probably do #1 & #2.  One, I agree with everyone else and if it's already bothering you this much it will probably taint how you feel about the bag.  2, you don't want other buyers to fall into the same trap.

At best, it sounds like the manufacturer is dumping seconds Coach didn't want.  At worst it sounds made up.

@Anonymous,  Everything that @wheeeee said below!  She is 100% right!  In the long run, I don't think that you will be happy with the bag if you keep it.

Ugh.  That is a really cute bag!  I have to say, I do think their reply is, well, what @wheeeee said.  (and I'm so sorry this happened to you!)

Trust your gut on this one.  If it would make you unhappy to have one knowing that it is a fake, send it back or report it (not sure on the protocol here).  If you want the bag and can love and enjoy it even if it is a fake, keep it (but maybe write back and push for a further refund 😉 ).

I bought a bag in Italy that turned out to be a fake, and while it is an adorable bag, and not horribly made, I never used it again because it made me feel ashamed for buying a fake.  Don't keep it if it won't make you happy, as my dad always says. 🙂

That reply sounds like bullcorn!

If you think your bag is a fake act quickly.  Send it back and be done with it.  Ebay, unfortunately sells tons of fakes.   Yes, report the bag/seller as counterfeit since it was sold to you as an authentic product. 

Anonymous Insider

@wheeeee @Milou07@tsavorite  It's going back. I reported it and hopefully the seller won't turn around and trick someone else.

Thanks for the advice!

Don't send it back if you think it's fake (and honestly that response does sound like a huge red flag). They can easily just not refund your money once they get it back and you won't have any proof left. Keep it and wait until you have to show proof during your claim with eBay/PayPal. If they deem that it's fake, I can't imagine they would make you go through the trouble of sending a fake product back anyway.

@Anonymous,  I think you made the right decision.  I have bought real Coach bags on ebay that I have been very happy with.  I love Coach bags! Look for reputable sellers!  Any bag that I don't like for any reason, I return!  Always read the seller's return policy and ebay's return policy. I really hope that you can find an authentic Minnie Mouse Bag of your dreams!

Yea, it is disappointing that the bag turned out to be a fake and sorry this happened to you.

Something like this happened to me once (another site) and as soon as I opened the box I knew it was funky.

I contacted the website and they swore up and down nothing was wrong with my things, but did offered a refund.  

I just suggested act fast because these people have really strict return guidelines and at the end I don't want them to have one over you and claim you are out of the return period, etc. 

That is a cute bag.   I hope you find one!

Take lots of photos before shipping and stay vigilant until the refund is issued. 

I received an email from Dior today that featured Natalie Portman as the model (love her) anyways this was one of the images that they had in the email and for the life of me I can't figure out why they would chose this photo to put in an email. I just don't get it - to me this isn't alluring or attractive. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to convey - sexy tiredness?? I shouldn't have had that last piece of pizza???dior.png

It literally look like she's mid-blink, not the "on-purpose bedroom eyes" look. 

I've seen many junkies with this look, maybe they think "heroin-chic" is back in? lmao

Anonymous Insider

I just don't get it.

LOL! I was having a not to great day. Thank you for making me laugh 😄

9 Replies
testing