Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

That's awesome!

Less is more.

I feel like I do not have an appreciation for my make up.  Back when I used to have only a few products I appreciated them more than I do now. I was in love with the items I had.  

I have so much make up now that is going unused or barely used and it's a waste.  I had decluttered a lot of it a while ago and I think I need to seriously dial down on what I have. 

Someone in another thread posted a picture of her beauty collection/ items.  (I believe that it was in the 'show us your vanity' thread)  It was just one plastic container/holder thingy, it really inspired me and got me thinking. 

It's time to simplify my beauty life. 

I bought the Sephora carousel (spinning acrylic piece) that went on sale a few months ago and made a mental commitment that my skincare and makeup would not exceed what would fit on it. I really love it. I can see everything on it. I am able to more easily mentally assess if I'm acquiring too much of something.

You are so right. Back when I had 2 blushes and a few lipsticks. Now I have a drawer just for blush. And a bin of lipstick. I have major decluttering to do! I couldn't use what I have in a lifetime! 

I know what you mean, I feel bad for all my eye shadows so I try to rotate them, but end up wearing neutrals to work, or try and do a simple no-makeup look. I always end up wearing a full face. Sigh. 

I have so much lippies that I feel bad about it

Lipsticks are a big weakness.

I'm in the same boat!  Maybe we should start a lippies anonymous club.

Same here, the majority of my makeup consists of lip products. Some of them have only been used one or two times. I feel ridiculous. 😄

@angel7594 I have a good amt that haven't even been used yet 😞

@darkiceis, I do too. I even have some backups of backups. 😞

I agree @darkiceis. I need to do a decluttering and figure out what items really work, and bring me joy to use. I dislike being overwhelmed by my cosmetics stash.

@angel7594  I think you hit it on the nose. Overwhelmed is how I feel.

I have been using the same handful of products for the last 2 weeks and feel so content with just those items.

I have so many unopened products that I actually thought about selling them at work at a deep discount (they are still okay expiration-wise). They call me Mrs. Claus cause I'll bring in a ton of DS and foil samples for them to have. That's my way to try and declutter that little bit. I kinda wish there was a decluttering TSB where you put in what you didn't want (nice stuff though not used old unsanitary items) maybe took out 1-2 things that you really want, but really load that thing up and then the end box goes to charity. I know this isn't feasible though - think of the size of the box! Even if it was sent back to the box supervisor every other person it just wouldn't work 😞

@niki172 that would be a good idea for a TSB... I have stuff that I just can't seem to sell/trade. It's new and pretty but I just won't wear it... sometimes I'd give my stuff to my cousins but I don't think this would be up their ally.... I also have some stuff that might have been swatched once... so much Bite items in that category lol

I have boxes of stuff that I haven't used. Some is collecting, some never got to it and some I am trying to sell (like mentioned above).  I have so much MAC stuff to sell... I also have a box packed full of samples and another of DS.

@niki172 I've thought about a TSB but honestly there really isn't anything for me to desire/want and the cost of the box to ship it doesn't make sense for me.  However, your idea for a decluttering TSB is actually a good idea. People can toss in their declutters and if they see something they like they can take 1-2 items out.  The size of the box would be a problem as I would assume as well that it would be big with many people participated.

@darkiceis that'e exactly the problem with the box - the shipping cost would be so bad! If there was some way to do it like in between 3 people with the supervisor being a person you know is going to donate to a charity at the end and not sell it on evilbay then maybe it would work IDK. I wish there was some way to organize a BT swap meet where you brought your stuff, picked one or two items to go, and with the leftovers going to charity. That would solve a lot of problems I think for us like minded folks @veronika23 @Insomniacmuffin 😄

I love the BT swap meet idea.  I would so be there!

@niki172 I did the same thing regarding DS and foils, went through and destashed all the ones I knew I would never use because I have 'better' products that I use already. It was a big stash! I then make gift bags for my coworkers and gave them out.. appreciated? maybe. But did get the feeling that they thought I was some kinda of Avon lady trying to trick them into buying something? Now I keep my stash to myself like a dirt dirty secret.

That's too bad that they reacted that way. The ladies at my place of work get super excited - they even post their stashes on facebook thanking me - which they don't have to do as they're helping me out!

As soon as I get samples/gwp or a really good deal on full sized products, I choose what I want/will use, my daughter gets 2nd choice and everything else goes into bags for my nieces,  mom, grandma and friends.  However, if I come across a perfume sample for a coworker's fave scent, I'll put it aside for her.  Or if a coworker asks about using primer or something, I'll bring her a sample.  My coworkers definitely aren't as into beauty as I am so I don't share with them as much.

testing