Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

When you patiently wait through style trends that do not suit you and finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Matte lips, while beautiful on many, are not a look I love on myself, and they seem to have been everywhere. But now more and more brands are coming out with quality metallic lipsticks, and I'm very happy, as I love the look.

I have to say, the worst popular fashion phase for me was a few years ago when everything was either high-low or had a peplum. I was not a fan of the first and the second looked ridiculous on me. I barely shopped for clothing at all during that time. Now shirts and dresses are back to being styles I like (except the not being very bra friendly part). The only problem I have to wait through now is all shorts and pants being mid to high wasted. I hate how anything but low cut looks on me, and I can't seem to find a new pair of flattering shorts. But I can be patient and wait this cycle out too, luckily it usually only takes a year or two.

Does anyone else get this problem? What style phases were torturous for y'all to wait out? 

For me, without a doubt the worst style phase for me was low-rise pants, jeans, etc. Even being slimmer, I always got muffin top; if I went up a size to prevent that, then I got diaper butt. And for several years it was impossible to find decent looking jeans and pants that were truly mid-rise or high-rise.

I'm over the sharp contour and highlight trend. I just want the trend to go back to more natural looks. But I don't follow trends anyway so it's not a big deal for me, lol ๐Ÿ˜„ I appreciate the love for metallics and burgundies lately, those are two of my favorites

I rarely follow trends and wear whatever I like. Lace, bows, ruffles, floral patterns and peplums dominate my wardrobe and I wear those things year round, but I also have a good selection of timeless styles. Lipstick-wise, I'm a fan of most finishes and was buying metallics last year before they became popular this year. I also wear mattes, shimmers, creams, satins, you name it.

If it happens to be a trend of the year, then I can really say I wore _____ before it was really a thing! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm the same way, that's why it's so annoying when the trend is not my style, but it's all the stores carry. I mean, it's good for saving money, but it makes shopping trips with friends less fun when they have an armful of stuff and I only find one thing even worth trying on, or when I want a new addition to my closet but can't find anything worth my while.

Luckily current trends are running pretty close to my taste, so I've been the one carrying armfuls to the dressing room haha!

In honour of the massive sale going on... wheee!!

*sing it!*

Awolnation - Sail

Spoiler
Sale
This is the kinda thing I love
I may have lost my mind because
Blame it on my V-I-B baby
This is how an debit card dies
Blame it on a good deal buy
Sale, sale
Sale, sale, sale
Maybe I should stock up now
Maybe I should buy them all (them all)
Maybe I'm a Rouge times three
Maybe I'm on a spending spree
Sale, sale
Sale, sale, sale
La la la la la la, la la la la la la
la la la la la la, la la la la la la
Sale, sale,
Sale, sale,
Sale, sale,
Sale, sale, sale

I saw this, went to look at the sale section, and found a product I had been eyeing for awhile 50%! Many thanks!

Yay! Thats the best compliment ever!

I received a special get well soon present today from my boyfriend. He hates makeup shopping, so when I am gifted cosmetics from him it really means a lot! I like to collect MAC limited edition powders. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

20160825_143853.jpg

Maybe I am seeing things, but is this a bowling theme? lol

How sweet of your boyfriend to buy this for you!

@wheeeee, This one is from the it's a strike collection. I love bowling pins for some strange reason, so I really wanted this powder lol. My boyfriend said he felt so stupid telling the SA "I need that bowling pin powder" ๐Ÿ˜„ He has a heart of gold to go through that lol!

@angel7594

Awesome. It is so cute.  I was hoping it was! I love bowling.  Men are funny but they try to please us in their own little ways! 

@angel7594,   Get Well Soon!  And that's a cute gift!

Very nice boyfriend!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @tsavorite,

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wow... Is BT being "stupid", slow and won't load/respond because of those fantastic bazaar rewards? If that's the case, I'll have to make sure not to stop by at certain times. Ain't nobody got time for that!

So I never post about her and her family because I just can't stand them... but why is Kylie and her ___ posing naked to sell lipsticks??? This isn't playboy! You are trying to sell lipsticks. SM_H

I don't like them, but Kylie has been very successful selling lipstick. Her stuff keeps selling out, and people go crazy over it. People don't seem to care what they are supporting a lot of the time. 

@grayreb

"People don't seem to care what they are supporting a lot of the time. "

Yes! Absolutely!  It's like everything else.  People aren't people... just sheep following the crowd. Reminds me of a video I saw that proves just that.

I dont pay attention to them but I can't stand this entire family. They really need to go away. Nothing they do surprises me. It's just sad that young girls look up to her (which i think is also sad) and this is what she does. 

I honestly feel like all those sisters just constantly try to one-up each other. How exhausting it must be to never feel good enough!

I read this morning that sonia rykiel died. 

I was also surprised that she had parkinsons and stepped away from her brand about 10 years ago. Her daughter natalie took over and sold the brand spon after and divested the last interests a year ago or so. Curious on the lisa eldridge/lancome recent collab timing. 

5 Replies
testing