Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I feel you alexasteph! I've been wearing close to no makeup for the past few weeks and while it's a great feeling, I miss my pretties.  I've lost all my speed too so when I do wear a full face it takes me twice as long!

@michelleshops I'm having pretty neglect guilt as well. I decided two days ago that I am going to make an effort to wear makeup everyday cause it makes me feel better overall.  My only problem is that I must be very quick about it (20minutes max) or I may jot get to complete my face before baby calls.  I'm used to being able to take an hour so it's an adjustment I'm dealing with:) 

@alexasteph,  Feeling confident enough to go without makeup because your skin is clear and you don't want to wear makeup right now?  Cause for celebration!  🙂

Not the worst problem to be dealing with!😄

I wonder if there's a quality consistency issue with the palettes? It seems from reading reviews you either love it, or hate it, and the poor reviews seem to have quality issues echoed by other poor reviews. I don't have any issues with the shadows being dry or chalky, they actually are more pigmented than my UD Naked palettes and blend very well!

I noticed that when I swatched it in store. Most of the colors went on my arm very chalky and patchy. Turned me off right away, which is a shame since the colors are beautiful and I keep seeing people people do lovely looks with them.

Sunglasses: I've been collecting them for 15 years. I almost always have a pair on my head, so that in a moment's notice I can swing them down to shade my eyes should the sun or snow decide to blind me. My green eyes are mousetrap sensitive and some time ago I convinced myself it might help with aging. I'm not quite ready to acknowledge the #11, though I know it's coming.

After starting my day with a couple Ulta orders for the x10 points, I decided to check out a newer brand of affordable sunglasses called Perverse, after drooling over a friend's pair. Very cute, on trend and won't kill your wallet. They had a tent at Coachella, earlier this year. I didn't feel like paying shipping, so I Googled and they are now carried at Nordstrom and Ulta! Hold up. Ulta?? After a quick search, I discovered the founder of Perverse is Toni Ko, also the founder of NYX! She sold NYX and decided to pursue affordable sunglasses that are still fashionable. Prices range from $40-60, though I noticed a few newer fall styles were added that have a higher tag.

She's managed to nail the market twice! She's my new hero.

I put in another Ulta order for some sunnies, so I could get the x5 points.

Holy grail, I just read this and it sounds like a paid advertisement- no, I just love sunglasses that much 🙂

I feel the same! I LOVE sunglasses!  

When people want a photo of me I literally have to go through 100's of photos to find one without sunglasses. 

My favorite accessories are sunglasses, gold bangles and my wedding rings.

I rarely carry my expensive handbags anymore. I just carry my card and car key in my bra.  

Yea for Ulta 10x 5x!!!!

I also have super-sun-sensitive green eyes and always have sunglasses with me! I saw those Perverse sunglasses when I was looking on the What's New page on the Ulta website. After your rave review, I'm tempted to buy them!

Anonymous Insider

😄 Now I'm off to stalk them on Ulta...amazing the thing you can find on the online website ^_^ I'm always happy because I know my points will be used exactly how I want to use them 😄

I decided on a purple pair called Pretty in Purple, paying homage to Prince. Perverse direct gives a better representation of the glasses and has more styles. After I ordered from Ulta, I noticed shipping is always free with no minimum on the Perverse site, so that must have changed. Also, my glasses were $4 cheaper on Ulta. Hoping they add more styles and we can use the 20% off promos!

Spoiler
image.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

Ooh, I love those! I'm going back to the Ulta site to check out all of their styles. As long as I'll earn extra points...:)

Yes, I am not thrilled with the quality of this palette either!  I went back and forth on returning it but ended up keeping it because of all the beautiful looks I see people using it for.  So I will have hope I will end up loving it but right now I am disappointed.

That's really smart.  You're making me rethink this again haha

@njattanaYou're right.  For the price point it's a great palette but there are better formulas out there.  I see some inconsistency with the shades as well.

Agreed.  I usually feel this way about the Anastasia palettes.  Good for the price point, not great but some pretty shades.  

I was at Walgreens and saw this Vaseline limited edition lip therapy in Pink Bubbly. 😊 I like lip balm and champagne so...score! I wanted to buy a few, however this was the last one. I have not seen it anywhere else.

20160821_130611.jpg

@angel7594 - is it any good?? My local Walgreen's has 2.

@niki172,

I like it! The fragrance is pleasant, yet not overpowering. The color in the tin is a light pink, though on my lips it shows up clear. It is quite moisturizing, as well. 😊

@angel7594 - thanks for that! Does it taste like champagne? Or is this just a clever ruse to make desperate ladies purchase it thinking it'll "take the edge" off the day 😄

@niki172,

It has a very light taste of the champagne, in my opinion.The ingredients are: petrolatum,  wine extract, flavor (aroma), titanium dioxide,  and red 30.

It may be a little gimmicky, however I am always a sucker for such clever marketing schemes plus pretty packaging! 😄

testing