Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Oh dear, UD has issued an apology: Capture2.PNG

ugh I bet that is so frustrating because it clearly was not intended.

Is it bad that I want to get the new lip favorites mostly for the baby juicy shaker?

@StephaniLynn I feel the same way 

The lancome juicy shaker with the give me some lip set is full sized. The set is really good value if you love the shades 

Oh! Even better!

Was looking around the web for reviews of NYX Milk and found this on Amazon. Oh my gosh... Dogs like to be pretty too! 😄

image.jpeg

This is cute. 

lol!  I bet those 24 "unhelpful" voters were really offended.  He looks so content with his fancy eyebrows!

I didn't know what was up with the hype with Sunday Riley....Well now I know. My wallet is not happy about it, but my skin is 😄 I'm hooked on the new Martian Toner and the night oil....Well played BT

I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills lipstick in "Kathryn" and found my perfect red. I wasn't looking for a red, would never typically wear a red.. but fate stepped in!

(which is so weird because it SAYS it's a "brown-berry", PHOTOGRAPH'S like a brown-berry, but WEARS like a brick red.  pfft)

Anyhow.. I wore it to work because it looked perfect. I did minimal makeup on everything else, kept it subtle except for the lips. I asked hubby beforehand if it was workplace appropriate and he said yes.

I got stared at all day. One of my bosses even came out of his office, did that "double take, step back" thing and then couldn't stop staring at my mouth when we talked, like I had eaten a bowl of broccoli or something.

I've decided they'll all have to get over it, me and my red are forever.LIPS.jpg

That's a really pretty color and it looks great on your skintone.

I am curious if anyone has ever had a 'perfect' palette that is the yardstick that all other eyeshadows are measured against.. I want to experience it!!! 

What would you fine ladies say is the eyeshadow of your dreams that all others get measured against?

I just got an notice of change in return policy email from the beauty and drugstore (.com) direct sites. Effective September 1st, they will no longer accept return. All sales final. 

I do love Sephora. Even more so now. 

It's because Walgreens is shutting those sites down. I'm hoping there will be some good sales come closing time.

Part question and part peeve. I've been using Farmacy Eye Dew for several weeks, but took a two-week break to use up a sample of another eye cream. I never had a bad reaction to the Farmacy cream before, but when I started using it again, my skin became pink (like a mild sunburn) and slightly hot to the touch. The first time this happened, I shrugged it off as a reaction to me applying too much product, but this happened two other times and now I'm exiling the cream to my August empties/discard pile.

While the cream is in jar packaging, I've never stuck my fingers in the pot (I use a clean spatula to scoop up product each time), so I know it's not contaminated, and I didn't have any changes in my skincare routine or in my health that might account for this reaction. I don't know of anything that I'm specifically allergic to. Looking at the ingredients, is there anything that jumps out at you that might have caused this irritation? 

Ingredients under the spoiler and also on the product page. Thank you! 

http://www.sephora.com/eye-dew-total-eye-cream-P400250?keyword=farmacy%20eye%20dew&skuId=1755040&_re...

Spoiler
-Echinacea GreenEnvy™ (A unique, patent-protected variant of Echinacea Purpurea): Contains the highest known concentration of cichoric acid, which helps protect the skin by supporting collagen. 
-Baobab Fruit Oil: Provides antioxidant properties to help fight visible signs of aging. 
-Ribose: Supports natural cellular respiration for the appearance of greater skin elasticity, smoothed wrinkles, and enhanced complexion. 
-Strelitzia Nicolai Seed Aril Extract: Helps illuminate the complexion while also minimizing the appearance of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.  

Water, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Estersm Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Patented Echinacea Purpurea 'Greenenvytm' Root Extract, Candelilla/ Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Undecane, Adansonia Digitata Seed (Baobab) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gluconolactone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Tridecane, Arachidyl Alcohol, Ribose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Behenyl Alcohol, Strelitzia Nicolai Seed Aril Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Arachidyl Glucoside, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Gellan Gum, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate, Cellulose Gum, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Amino-Esters-1, Calcium Gluconate, Amino Ester-1, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Muricatum Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Algae Extract,Salicylicacid,Ocimumsanctumleafextract,Tocopherol,Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Extract, Pearl Powder (Margarita Powder), Sorbic Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Glycolate.

@lysbainch@RainbowRae@DiVWA Thank you! I'll be honest and admit I didn't look at the ingredients before buying, so I'm quite surprised there are so many things shoved into this little pot. There's just so much potential for irritants/allergens. 

You may have just gotten a reaction to it now because you have built up an allergy to something in the formula. It happened to me with the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. I used it fine for months then one day I woke up with my face itching like crazy. It took me a couple of days to realize what it was but it is the only product I have ever had a reaction to.

It contains some fruit and plant ingredients that I haven't seen before. Lactic acid (to my knowledge) is an AHA, so maayyybe a potential irritant. If you're normally good with that kind of thing then I would say it could be a reaction to a new plant or fruit ingredient.

I just looked at Echinacea on WebMD and it warns of reactions if applied topically. WebMD contains HonCode verified information, so I normally trust them as a general information guide.

DiVWA: it also warns of Echinacea if you have an auto immune disorder. I don't know if your allergies are considered auto immune, but if they are it says Echinacea could make it worse.

I've no idea which ingredient(s) would cause a reaction but I had this reaction when trying a dab of this product under my eye while in the store. Perhaps it's all the different fruit extracts.

Been away from the beauty game for about a month... Spent two weeks traveling then started the volleyball season (I'm the head coach of a high school program). During my travels/volleyball/summer heat, I just haven't been wearing makeup. I almost feel guilty not putting it on when I have the time/won't end up sweating, I just really haven't wanted to. It stares at me in the bathroom as I'm getting ready. I'd never feel confident enough going makeup free if it wasn't for my skin miraculously clearing up and evening out within the last year. I even updated my Facebook profile picture of a selfie on vacation SANS MAKEUP. It's a weird feeling. I love makeup so much, but I just can't be bothered with it right now. Do not worry my precious cosmetics... I will return to you soon. 

1 Reply
testing