Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Hi, @angel7594,   This is on Amazon with Prime shipping.  I bought one for my Mom because she loves champagne. (Cursed FOMO!)  I wonder if your price was the same.  They also have a "Paint The Town Red" and a pink one with almond and rose oil that looked interesting. 🙂

@tsavorite,

It was 4.79. I will have to go on Amazon and check out those other ones...the description sounds amazing! I really like the lip therapy. 😊

@angel7594, and @Haleyhale, and @niki172,

The Amazon price is >twice the Walgreen's, including shipping.   

Are you a fan of the Rosebud Perfume Co. Lip Balms on Sephora?

They are iconic, and about $6.  I like these. They are much like scented Vaseline, I think. There are more flavors/ scents of these on Amazon, as well. 

@tsavorite,

Thanks for the info. I love that brand too. I wish Sephora carried the Mocha Rose one, it is my favorite! 🙂

Oh! I'll be on the hunt for this! I am a champagne enthusiast! Haha 

I had a dream last night that the Sephora Canada section had over 100 items! I woke up and checked... still only 74 😞

Darn Sephora dreams.

Going out tonight for an uber fancy dinner to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hubs and I first date and I can't figure out what I want to do eyeshadow wise. I have all these palettes and eyeshadow singles (UD Spectrum, Vice 3, Electric, all of the Naked's, and TF emerald lust and honeymoon just to name a few. And yes I do have an eyeshadow hoarding problem :)). I can't do a winged line to save my life as my hand tremors too badly. I am soooo coordinated for this dinner from my shoes,purse, wrap,jewelry, and even the color of my pedicure! Here's a pic of my dress - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I keep looking at all the colors I have and watching YouTube videos and I can't come up with anything. I just want to look perfect for some odd reason - I mean that sincerely. I don't know why I'm so stressed about this. Usually I would just pick eyeshadows colors that go together for the day and go. IDK if it's the fact that I've lost 45 pounds recently and want to look good for photos (I've had some pressure from some family members) or what. Thanks for any advice and sorry I'm a head case.

Connected Sleeveless Tiered Sheath Dress

@niki172,  Oh, I love your dress!  Congratulations on your weight loss!  I'm sure you were a knock-out!  I hope that you had fun!  🙂

Happy Anniversary Niki! The dress is wonderful and the look Mocha posted below will compliment this dress perfectly.

Happy anniversary!  That is a gorgeous dress.

My mind immediately goes to a navy smoky eye, but I think a silvery gray one would look great with it, too.

i would do a warmer brown tone in the crease to keep it fresh, like Buck (N1), then use Gunmetal (N1) in the outer smoke. Pistol (N2) in the mid lid area and maybe a pop of Revolt (electric) in the inner corner or the centre of the lid.  something matte like Undone (Basics2) would be good for blending all the smoky together.

Thanks @Mochapj! It has a tonal purple shift to the dress - would you still do brown in the crease? Also I should have clarified I only have the major Naked palettes - I don't own any of the Basics my bad. Would you highlight the brow bone or do you think I should leave it alone? I have plenty of colors that I can highlight with.

Ooh beautiful!

heres a photo from Bubbly Michelle that sort of illustrates what I was thinking of.  I find the warm brown shade in the crease prevents the smoky eye from looking too dark or heavy.  Let me take a look again at the Nakeds and make a recommendation for the Basics shade I mentioned. I think you can highlight the brow bone if you like; I'll admit this is a step I often forget 😉 

image.jpeg 

Ohh this would be perfect! Do you think I could use a pencil on the upper eyelid (I own a ton of different black liners from UD to Chanel)? As previously admitted I'm not great with a liquid liner.

I definitely think a pencil would work. With pencil I always work in small strokes and connect it together bit by bit, rather than trying to draw a good line in one go.

as to an Undone replacement, I didn't see a comparable shade in any of the Nakeds that was matte, but any medium toned gray/brown matte you have should work.  Barring that, dip the brush into both a matte gray and matte brown and it should do fine 😉

I'll have to look at all my palette for a matte lol - I'm a shimmer, colorful, and sparkle kind of gal which is why a soft smokey eye is kinda out of my wheelhouse. I haven't worn a soft eye like that since my wedding (which actually I used a matte brown in the crease now that I think about it :D). I need to work on more softer looks. Thanks so much for your help - I feel so dumb not being able to do a softer smokey eye. With that said I have been collecting better brushes to help me out with this issue as I know better tools can help out with control of how much you pack on your eye.

I understand! I am a shimmer/glitter/color girl myself 😆

I actually often use shimmers in my crease and to blend, but I know many consider that a 'no no' so I didn't suggest it here 😊 But if you have a satiny grey brown that works too!

*alert: long-winded random story ahead*

So my friend was married in April in Seoul, Korea. Since I couldn't attend, I tried to send her a wedding gift. 

I assembled a package containing Becca Moonstone,  a Bliss oxygen set, and a card with a sample of an orange blossom perfume. I gave the box to my husband since he had a business trip to Korea scheduled in March. Somehow, he couldn't find a post office to save his life when he was there. So he brought it back, and I posted it via international mail in late march.

I didn't hear anything about it from my friend and chalked it up to being uber busy with work and wedding stuff. But guess what, the package showed back up on my doorstep more than 4 months after I sent it?! Apparently there was some issue with the delivery address and the box was sent back. Sooo this box spent 5 months being shuttled back and forth over the Pacific *twice*.

The box was all crushed up, ripply and held together with plastic ties. The Bliss set box was dented, the card was bent, the sample sleeve was almost folded over. But the one thing i was most worried about breakage, the Becca highlighter, was perfectly intact. It wasn't padded over or anything. Mind blown.. and I feel bad that i ended up not getting anything for my friend's wedding after all.

That's terrible! was there no tracking?!And I think the "rule" is you have a year after the wedding to send gifts! But it sounds like you'd have to replace most of the items, that sucks so bad that it took so long to find out that it didn't reach its destination 

13886338_3978475505595090_1635227569490879078_n.jpg

Hahaha! I love it! Although I'm currently looking for both dragons....

Haha LOVE!

4 Replies
testing