Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@Insomniacmuffin If you wear any nice moisturizing lip balm and wear liquid lipstick on top, you will get the same result. Why waste an expensive product as a base when you can make do with just a lip balm😉. Try it, I hope you'll like the result.

Thanks for the tip 😄

The YSl I have it just a deluxe from a promo, the color ends up too fuschia on me so I have been trying to find ways to make it work.

I don't understand lip palettes. Fine for applying the perfect pout while sitting at your vanity, but what do you do throughout the day to reapply? Carry a clunky palette in your purse?

Anonymous Insider

There was a Bare Minerals palette I picked up where the pans were removable and they included a single compact so that you could then take the color of the day with you.  I got just for that reason.  LOL

I love them for mixing my own colour and always end up using ALL.

I like them, however there are always colors included I never end up using. It is just easier to travel with a tube of lipstick.

I always think they look pretty and will admit to buying one, but then NEVER using them.

So, about Chi irons in Canada...

I just notice my (admittedly ancient but still works like a dream) Chi has a label on it saying it is not legal for home use in Canada. Am I reading that wrong? Is it a temperature thing or something entirely unrelated? Also, as Canada tends to be very attuned to consumer issues., should I worry? 

@MarciaBrady I had one for years and no problem... same for my hairdresser.  It could mean that it's not for personal use (home) only for salon use?  When the professional irons started to invade the market CHI was pretty powerful compared to others and honestly I wouldn't have recommended one to someone with no experience with a flat iron. Too hot. It was the tool to have if you had lots of hair and knew how to use it. But they weren't sold everywhere like today. Since yours in "ancient" could be the first generation and I would see a label saying just that... not for home use. So could be what that means... home use vs salon use. 

Aaah...that makes perfect sense. It's pretty hot. It even gives off a 'super hot' smell. I deal because i can straighten my entire head of hair in about 3 minutes. 😄

yeah the first gen. was really good and really hot like you said. 🙂 Sadly they don't make them the same anymore. When mine kinda crapped out I switched to a Bio Ionic one pass flat iron.... I've had it for years now and still love it. So if ever you need to switch out yours I'd look into that one 😉

Oooh...thank you. I will. I've been feeling like it's days must be coming to an end, and have heard they just don't make them like they used to. Thanks for the recommendation!

Not legal for home use? Thats whats written? What are they going to do. Arrest you for using iron? LOL

I know! I can just see a bunch of people turning down the lights and pulling the shades/blinds/curtains closed before flat ironing their hair. 

😄

Oh yikes! I had no idea. I did own a CHI last year and returned it because I didn't like that I couldn't control the temperature setting but it did definitely work well! I never read that- interesting..

I've had it for many years, and that was the first time I noticed the label. No fires so far. Fingers crossed.

crying !!!

Long live Lisa Eldridge! 

image.jpeg

I am horrible at taking selfies, maybe I could use this: 😄

CBlOSaPWYAAGwX9.jpg

testing