Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Zim!! He is beautiful! Congratulations, @heartsmyface and family!

Also, he and I have the same bunny. He clearly has good taste in bunnies. 😉

@heartsmyface  omgggg!! CONGRATULATIONS! - He is gorgeous!!!! 

Baby Hearts is here! Eeeek! Welcome, lil guy! Heart Congrats guys!

upload_4306637036559703423.gif

Omg hearts congrats congrats!!! What a beautiful little boy. 

After just starting back at work, I went into the dentist for my semi annual check up and found out I need all four of my wisdom teeth removed.

Now I'll need to take a few sick days off to recover after removal...my new boss is going to love me lol.

Has anyone ever had their wisdom teeth removed? Thoughts? Tips on recovery? I'm scared out of my mind.

Random thought: I know this is karma for making fun/picking on my older brother when he got his removed. Now he gets his turn to pick at me lol.

It's not too bad, particularly if they put you totally under. Just have someone drive you home. Just make sure to really listen to the food rules. Nothing chunky, it's really tempting, but it is a pain in the behind to clean out. TBH, I found the chipmunk cheeks to be the hardest part to deal with. Vanity hurt more than anything else haha. 

I had them removed when i was fifteen. Most important thing is just to keep them cleaned out until they are fully healed.

Mine came in late, and I was told at the time that they wouldn't cause a problem, so just let them be. Well, one did start causing a huge issue over a holiday weekend and became unbearable on Memorial Day. Ended up at a cosmetic procedure office/dental spa, because it was the only thing open (I still can't quite figure out why that's a big day for the industry, but whatever). Turns out, the root had grown onto the bone and hence the pain. No fancy pain meds or surgical tools available. It was pretty medieval, really. 

But wait...here's the good news. I felt good enough right after to walk about a mile home. I went through my whole 1-week Vicodin prescription in 2 days, but by day 3, a handful of Advil every few hours was enough. 

Here's my advice. Put your credit cards where you can't get to them. If you have the numbers already saved on your computer, hide your computer. Those pain med bottles should for sure come with a warning, "may inhibit self control when shopping online."

Best of luck! My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous Insider

I had the lower wisdom teeth removed when I was 22.  Went in after work, got local anesthesia, watched the whole procedure in the reflection of my doc's glasses, saw he had a bit of difficulty with one tooth cuz he had to use the hammer and also wrench my head back and forth telling me to hold as still as possible, driven home by my mom, spit up some blood, ate some soft food, and then rested.  

The worst part was the next day.  They gave me codeine for the pain which I started after the surgery.  I slept most of the day and when I rolled over, I'd have a wave of nausea and throw up.  I tried once to crawl to the bathroom to vomit into the toilet, but couldn't make it, so after that, my mom left a bucket by my head.

Told my friend how I was feeling and she said to try some Tylenol instead of the codeine.  The next day, I was up and about with some slight throbbing in my lower jaw, but that was it.  If it hadn't been for the codeine, I would have had a much better experience with it.

I hope all goes well for you. I am pretty darn sure I have to get my lower ones removed and have been putting it off but my lower teeth are all shifting. I am also very scared. I will be booking my appointment soon!! I believe I was told they could remove them even when they weren't erupting but that was a few years ago and I was pregnant and didn't want to go through that surgery and stress at the time. Now mine I'm pretty sure are partially impacted and did erupt a bit!- so I have been super scared like yourself. =( My top ones came in fine years ago but these bottom two never had the room I guess..

Best of luck and I hope all goes well for you and I believe the blue advil liqui-gel is what my brother used when he got his out besides other pain killers..@stephanilynn

Thanks guys, I'm always worried/scared when it comes to any type of surgery. All these replies has eased some of my nerves.

@tsavorite I will have to remember that. I talked to my brother about it and he said popsicles will be my best friend too lol!

@StephaniLynn,  I found mashed potatoes and gravy to be comforting.  (Probably the weirdest recovery tip that you will get.)  Good luck!  🙂

I had all four of mine out when I was 24. They were impacted but I didn't have any complications during or after surgery. Waking from the anesthesia was the worst part for me but I had never been put under before. Spitting blood for about a day also wasn't fun, but I was back to my normal routines after a few days.

I had all 4 removed when I was 16.  I didn't have much downtime at all.  I got them out on a Friday and I remember I was up and about the next day.  Although my older brother also had them out around the same time and he was laid up on the couch for days. 

Like @Mochapj mentioned, it all depends on whether or not your teeth are impacted. All four of my wisdom teeth were impacted (blocked by other teeth from breaking through) and my recovery time was about two weeks.

Just make sure that you choose a reputable oral surgeon as there can be some complications. For instance, I still experience numbness around my jaw years later and also know that a friend of mine now has a permanently numb lower lip caused by her extraction. 

In reality, wisdom teeth extractions are super common procedures and most go very well with only a short recovery time. Just try going to a surgeon that you trust and you'll do great! Good luck!

It really depends how difficult an area they are in to remove.

I've had 2 straightforward ones out already and I was back to my regular self within a day or so.

however I have a surgery coming up to have 3 more out (because they found I had an extra one) and it's supposedly more complicated so they warned me i might be needing some extra downtime.  

They should put you under for 4 so it's mostly the recovery of eating soft foods afterwards that can be a nuisance.

I saw a woman on a train a few days ago and I kept staring at her because she looked so familiar. Then it hit me—she was a doppelganger for @vegchililover78. 🙂

Also, I volunteer at a food pantry and someone donated a bottle of Deva Curl and the other volunteers were laughing because it said "low poo." 😄 (PS: Your local pantries or shelters would be very grateful for your unwanted samples. Some might even take gently used stuff.)

I wish I was there, then we could hang out! 😀

I purchased "Cerise" and "Anise" Bite Multisticks and am really excited to try the right shades for my skintone. Lol

"Brioche" is just not right and I don't like the idea of returning used items, so I'll give it to someone.

But! I am actually really excited for the trial size of the Burberry "Cat Lashes" mascara! Probably just because of the name . . . Has anyone tried the Cat Lashes Mascara yet???

I never wear mascara. My eyelashes are straight, strong, short Asian monolid lashes, so curling them doesn't often look right. I don't like the full lash look all the way across, either, I like flared false lashes. Hopefully, I can get the long outer eyelash look where I might not even need eyeliner.

Random discovery..

I have two KVD liquid lipsticks that I never wear because the colors are so FLAT...

I had previously tried putting lip gloss overtop, but felt that it made it look too 'vinyl'..

I'm such a whiner.

BUT! today I was kinda getting a kick out of trying the whole "conditioner before shampoo" things, so thought I'd try putting my YSL tint-in-oil on, THEN dab on some of my KVD.. a Frankenstein experiment.

Turned out AWESOME!

Very happy!

Anonymous Insider

I love it when experiments turn out 😄

11 Replies
testing