Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

every time i have a formal event, i think "im gonna wear false eyelashes, this is the time its gonna work". and then 95% of the time it doesn't work out and I have a makeup disaster. like this weekend where i got glue all over my eyelashes and had to redo my eyeshadow twice. 

falsies, Y U SO HARD TO PUT ON?

To the people who ordered the smokey palette while it was on sale: did you get your shipping notification yet? I know its stupid to be worried since its still monday but i have heard of so many people orders getting cancelled from sales.

Not sure if you ordered yours from Ulta or Sephora but I ordered mine from Ulta and just received my shipping notification a few minutes ago. 

I ordered from sephora (ulta sold out the second i went to buy it)

Ahh, ok. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Its fine ☺️ Have nice day!

Today someone liked on of my influenster list and asked me to like her in comment. Although I didn't ask her to like mine, still I don't mind to return the favour. The thing is when I went to her account, it is set on the privacy mode. I can't even see any list or review less like it.

I wonder if she will realize it or just think about me as a inconsiderate b**ch, not that I care, just thinking.

The confessions "Never have I ever" thread inspired me to admit something.. but sshhhh! don't tell, I'm only sharing this with you (all)...

Whenever I get samples of skincare stuff I don't want to use on my own face, I usually will mix it in a big mush in an empty perricone glass container and then use it on my unsuspecting husband as a face mask...

- don't like this eye cream.. toss it in!

- don't like this serum... toss it in!

- don't like this moisturizer.. toss it in!

- don't like this face mask.. toss it in!

Method:

mix well and apply to victim's husband's face with foundation brush, leave for 10 minutes and wipe off.

Anonymous Insider

...all while he's asleep?!

Hehe, everything I'm iffy about gets used as foot cream. 😎  Waste not

That's a really good idea.

I was having some hectic family moments today that tried my patience...lol! It felt good to do some lipstick shopping to cheer myself up on National Lipstick Day! 😄

red-lipstick-quote-coco-chanel.png

You did the right thing. 🙂

Love it!

So I finally found a mini backpack and I've been looking for awhile now. It's a Steve Madden mini backpack and honestly whatever name it was or no name I didn't care. I just wanted a mini backpack to keep out of my way when I'm with my tot. It looks cute to me- my mom didn't care for it haha. I find purses over the shoulder so annoying now so this should help! Plus I'm not one to be bothered going through tons of handbags and this one is super practical for me =D (in the summer anyways, maybe not overtop a Parka in the winter haha)... I found it in Winners and the cashier kept gushing over how cute it was and it seemed like she wanted to take it from me from the way she was so over-the-top analyzing it! Glad it didn't catch her eye and I got it in time, probably by luck. I feel like you need some luck with you when you shop there!

backpack.jpg

I am all about cross body bags now @jesscheems . This back pack is cute though.

I was into cross body as well but found that my shoulder would hurt - unless it's because I carried too much lol. 

What type of cross body bag would you suggest @fatimamummy? I have a small coach one and a tiny black quilted one which is cute but doesn't fit enough things!

Nothing very special , I have them from every where. A burnt orange from Aldo, A blue one from Gap, Red from The Bay even an olive from Target when it was still here.  No one of them is big enough to carry much but they are fine for me. My kids are big enough that I don't need to carry stuff for them. For myself all I need is a water bottle, my wallet, keys and a little mush bag with some personal care stuff.

I'm a big fan of backpacks over purses as well.  Waaaay more practical when you need both hands!   I can't even remember the last time I owned anything from Steve Madden.  I was nuts about the brand in the 90's!  

I haven't owned anything from this brand....maybe socks? Not sure but I used to have a mini backpack in the 90s and had no reason to own it other then walking around with my lion king chapstick and sticker books or something...

Super excited to finally be going back to work. 

testing