Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@veronika23 thank you for sharing these !!!!!!!!!

you're welcome 🙂

Love both of those. This is still my favorite. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs

oh yeah saw that before. It is good.

My daughter was telling me about this ad. She plays rugby and she was all excited because there are girls playing rugby in the video :).

Oh my gosh, this is amazing. 😄

@Gwenhwyfar just love the end of her reply lol 😄 😄 😄

I'm flying tonight and I don't plan on checking a bag. packing all my liquid skincare and makeup in a huge plastic baggie is a mess. and yes that plastic baggie is definitely quart size, no need to double check TSA 😉

I had such a nice experience at my Sephora tonight. Everyone was super-helpful - answered questions, sharpened two MUFE eyeliner testers that were broken, even thanked me for being Rouge. Plus, I returned several things (with receipts) with no problem at all, even though some were bought quite a while ago and were very slightly used.

(As opposed to Ulta, who would only give me a store credit (only good in-store) for the lowest selling price of a BNIB Benefit eyeliner with receipt since it was past the 60 day return period. I'm curious as to when this particular eyeliner (regular price $24) would have been sold for ~$10 because that is what they gave me.)

So anyways, I'm feeling happy with Sephora tonight 🙂

Thank you Ulta for allowing me to have the Quarter 3 Birthday gift, UD single shadow in Midnight Cowboy, instead of the Q2 gift that was of no interest to me 😁😁

Anonymous Insider

Is it any UD single shadow, or that one specifically?

@Anonymous It's advertised as Midnight Cowboy and comes in a little birthday box, so I don't think you can swap it for another.

Only that shade to my knowledge.  I didn't want to push my luck 😛

My friend saw my system of makeup organization via bags and thinks I'm a bit nuts hahaha. I use the makeup bags that come with GWP and ipsy to divide my makeup by product type, and every time I get a new bag it gets broken down even more. The result is currently around 9 cute bags ranging from lipstick to skin care samples. I'll admit it's a pretty chaotic looking system, but hey, it works!

I do that, too. I use the make up bags to separate eyeliner, mascara, lipstick , blush, etc. Then label my old birchboxes and play! boxes for face and body care (super separated out). It probably seems crazy to my boyfriend, but I like knowing what is where. I was sad when play! started using those little bags as they seem less helpful organizationally.

I started doing this recently!!  It helps to see all like products in one location.

Whatever works!  Sounds like a pretty good system to me.

I definetly like it, plus it gives me an excuse to keep all the cute little bags, but it was funny seeing my friend's reaction. She's not much of one for makeup outside of lipstick and mascara, so I think the nine bags was a bit overwhelming XD  

Thought this was pretty funny,  was just perusing the Nordstrom Canada sale and beauty exclusive section.  The NARS Cult Survival Kit caught my eye... $354 Value... costs $446.51 CAD.  I am thinking this is probably just because the values are added as per the American pricing but still pretty discouraging when thinking of purchasing the SK-11 is the sameUntitled.png

@aliciamt If you want to buy something from Nordstrom, You will get a better price from one of the Canadian retail locations as compared to their website. For example this JoMalone set is C$140 if you buy from a Canadian Nordstrom store.

image.jpeg

Good to know @fatimamummy

Their site is not very helpful, do they have GTA locations?

Or do you usually call into one of the Canadian stores and just have them ship to you?

4 Replies
testing