Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

When I have carefully applied my face mask and ready to settle in for a lay down to let it work it's magic..

My cat decides I'm delicious!

Spoiler
016-pictures-with-captions-are-you-licking-me-shh-just-let-it-happen-cats.jpg

beauty-doll-fashion-funny-Favim.com-2616993.jpg

http://io9.gizmodo(DOT)com/5929667/why-do-we-hate-seeing-photos-of-ourselves

"The truth is, if photograph-you looked like mirror-image you, everyone else would think you look bizarre. Remember the researchers who showed a person is more likely to prefer a facial photograph that corresponds to their mirror image, rather than their true image? They also demonstrated that the opposite was true when the images were shown to the person's friends. In other words: don't even worry about it. Photograph-you looks great."

Right? I think I look not-terrible when I'm all ready to go out and then I take a picture and...nope.

Yes! Exactly how I feel!

+1

13770458_1623001628000273_9080651753213577895_n.jpg

I ate one of those for lunch today!! 😄

Anyone that uses a Sephora traincase or something similar, how to you organize you're makeup for travel? 

It's so big and has so much room I'm not sure how/where to store my pretties.

I took my Sephora professional travel case with me on an extended trip this summer. Took a bit of rearranging, but I ended up putting palettes and liners in the zipper compartments and openable/spillable items in the plastic compartments. Many of my compartments were removable so I arranged my makeup by step (ie. base in one compartment, cheeks in another, eyes, lips, etc.).

I have decided to reorganize and fully catalogue my makeup and skincare. I have little tubes and bottles all over the place and it's driving my husband bonkers.

So far I have put away two full boxes of mostly high end skincare DSs. That was 230 items. I wonder if the final tally will be in the 4 digits.

p.s. I am LOVING putting everything into an excel spreadsheet. It is so therapeutic 😄

Yay, makeup spreadsheets! I Heart mine.

I am loving mine too 😆 rearranging and purging drawers feels wonderful too hehe.

I have done the excel spreadsheet for makeup.  I find it keeps me organized.

I had one for my deluxes at one point, but between TSBs, purging, etc, it's horribly out of date.

I've done it too 🙂 Decided I needed one after I mistakenly bought a double of a MAC blush... on ebay of all places.

I cannot for the life of me understand how all those you-tubers with dry skin apply so much powder and it does not appear to cling to any of their dry patches?
I am normal-combo and if I apply powder anywhere on my face you can instantly see it.
I have tried numerous powders (both loose and pressed), tools for application and setting sprays. Nada.

I have a pretty good skincare routine going, too. 

Just a random observation of mine 🙂 

Light effects? It would not appear that way on camera 😛 I remember watching a youtube video of 100 layers of foundation and it wasn't until she added 50 layers, I could 'see' the cakiness.  

I have really dry skin. I have to do my face makeup quickly in order to avoid dry patches. I use Omorovicza thermal cleansing balm, pat dry, quickly do a serum if I'm wearing it that day, quickly apply hefty amount of moisturizer, quickly apply bb cream/foundation/cc/sunscreen (whatever I use that day), then quickly do my powders. I feel like the cleansing balm works best before makeup, because it rubs off some of the dead skin but doesn't strip too much moisture. Going through my steps quickly helps to set everything in place before my face has had too much time to dry. I'm not a you-tuber, but I have dealt with dry skin for years. I had a dramatic change in the way my makeup applies when I switched to a cleansing balm in the AM.

That glorious feeling when you apply this new foundation you got ( and a concealer, too! ) to your face and it's not yellow or orange or poo as usual! Or dark. It is just right! Fair enough, cool, and with perfect pink undertones! Hallelujah! What a feeling! It seems like mission impossible to find anything at all that is not yellow/orange! Hey, brands! We do exist! Not everybody's yellow/orange/warm, you know.

I was looking for a new pressed powder foundation, and those are special kind of "bleepety bleep" to find ( fair and cool/pink enough ). Even harder than liquid ones. This is the only one I've actually found ( so far ) - KVD pressed powder foundation in L42. It's a perfect shade! I hope it'll behave or I'll be very, very sad... Just starting to test drive it.

I also use ( and love! ) Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder foundation in Ivory. My steady constant for years. But, it's not pink. It's neutral. But, I can wear it. Which is awesome as I can't even wear neutral shades, either. Most of the time they look even more yellow/orange on me than the warm ones. It is a very complicated thing for me to find a good match all around...

Not many options for us pink unicorns out there. 😛 ( I say "unicorn" because brands think we are just a myth, so they don't make shades for us. ) First, nothing is fair enough. Then... even if something is... it's usually oh so yellow. Gah!

upload_6996781812249528408.gif

@lyravega, I love the pink pugicorn! Thank you for the info, I have a hard time finding shade matches for my fair skin, as well. It actually gives me anxiety trying to shop for foundation. 😄

1 Reply
testing