Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Lol! For my birthday this year, my partner offered to take me to Sephora to "buy whatever" I wanted. I don't think he understood what that could have turned into. 

haha!

I am on my first tube of Guerlain Maxi Lash, and I am seriously impressed. After two hours of yard work yesterday, it still looked great. No smudging, and no fallout. It wasn't even the waterproof formula; just regular. I was so shocked, I took a pic to compare against the WAYWT thread. I won't embed it in the post due to not wanting to subject others to sweaty hair pic, but for the curious, I have uploaded it. Link is in the spoiler. 

Spoiler
Anonymous Insider

Maxi Lash is my go to. So glad you like it! 

I've been battling cystic acne since the beginning of the year, and my skin looks SOOOO much better. I feel confident going out without makeup on again 😄

I have only had 14 free 45-minute makeovers so far this year.

I feel like I'm letting my rouge status go to waste 😞 Gotta get my head in the game and get back at it hard.

@Insomniacmuffin I am Rouge since the program rolled but haven't had a singal makeover. What does it say about me then? 😉

It says that you dont mind if I fill up your quota for you 😉

I have never had a prpblem with the testers, i dont allow items on my face that cant be sanitized (mascara, liner, gloss, etc) or products that apply from the tube (ysl touche eclat, for example) and the SA always cleans the brushes beforehand so I am not worried.

I haven't gotten any makeovers either!

I have not either. I am concerned about the potentially germy cosmetic testers and brushes 😞

I really need to learn to stop using sheet masks in bed when I'm tired. Last night was the 2nd time I've woken up in the middle of the night with a sheet mask floating around in my bed (because I fell asleep at like 11 PM with it on).

Just used my 'Respect your Elders' soap from Lush, and I cant stop smelling my arms. I smell so nice!

I love to open my tubs of Angels on Bare Skin & Cup O Coffee to sniff lol

I was running out of Shiseido cotton pads during my time in Thailand so I went to a mall (in Thailand) to buy them. To my surprise, Shiseido cotton pads are so much cheaper in Thailand. I bought a pack of 165 Shiseido cotton pads (retails for $9.50 in the US) for 170 Thai Baht which converts to roughly $4.85 (!!!!!!). That's like almost 50% cheaper than buying it in the US. I considered hoarding it before I fly back to the US but I didn't want to overstuff my luggage so I didn't buy more than one pack. 

Even though these cotton pads are so cheap in Thailand, there seems to be a difference in terms of quality. The ones I bought in the US were softer. The packaging of the one I bought in Thailand looks exactly the same as the packaging of the one I bought in the US. I didn't buy these cotton pads from a shady retailer in Thailand either. Maybe I got a bad batch? 😞

Sometimes things sold in Asian countries are only for sale in those countries at a cheaper price so that locals can afford them.

The quality can be a little less than what we get in the West, but understandable for the price paid.

@prti:  I don't think it has anything to do with the Thai retailer!  I've compared a package of Shiseido cottons purchased from Sephora 2 years ago, and the same package of cottons purchased from Saks about 1 year ago.  The cottons from the more recent package is noticeably thinner and less soft than those from the older package purchased from Sephora.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Shiseido has been cutting corners on quality recently.  They're still better (soaks up less product) than anything you could find at the drugstore, but the quality isn't the same as what it used to be years ago.

@MlleCCAhh that probably explains it. It sucks that the quality has gotten worse though 😞

I really love how Beautylish has the flex payments, it helps poor people like me. I ordered the new Wayne Goss brush and my first ever Viseart palette, Sultry Muse 5, heres to hoping its worth the price tag 0.0 I will never tell anyone how much I paid for it. 

Today I received the Love Luxe Beauty One Love rainbow highlighter I bought for my cousin. I'm so excited to give it to him! I think he will love it and appreciate the sentiment behind it. I've been so proud of him. It takes a lot of courage to be who you are in the face of intolerance. 

That is very sweet! 😊

I miss you @beauty2sample ! I have been going through my stash and realized I wouldn't have half of all the adorable minis I have without you 🙂 Thank you for everything! 

2 Replies
testing