Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

The good news is it is happening to all of us, so anyone who really needs someone can tag or pm. I never took offense to a random comment left without a response and get it even more now. BT is less user friendly than before (which it never really was user friendly to begin with, so I am tired of the changes for the worst). Now, if the person responds repeatedly to everyone but you, then it is probably on purpose. Then, you know who to avoid in the future. Otherwise, just blame BT.

Yup. It happened at the same time they changed the heart check mark. Now, we cannot see when we've hearted a post (without hovering) AND...

When someone hearts an older post, I cannot find it at all if it had also been hearted by someone else. I think they are now chronological based on first heart meaning if you receive the 2nd plus, it leaves the post where the original heart popped up. This is a huge problem for people who post a lot. I follow posts by heart tracking, but it is almost impossible now. Thank goodness for tagging, I guess. If I heart an old post that already has a heart and include a comment, I guess I will have to tag the person. If I am the first to heart it, they will have it listed at the top of their list though, so yay to no tagging there. 

The easiest way to state it is the heart list is now chronological by when the first heart was assigned to a post, not the last heart. It stays in the whatever position it falls in at the time of the first heart. It's dumb. 

Yes! Same problem here and very annoying 😞

I have a tendency to acquire pimples in a "mirror image" fashion. if I get one pimple in some random spot on my face where I don't typically get acne (like the side of my eyebrow) it is almost certain that I will get a pimple in the same place on the other side of my face a few days later. This happens to me a LOT. Its like my body has some weird symmetry thing going on.

I've seen a few members recommend the Wayne Gross method of applying powder before foundation and MAN OH MAN!! This has really helped to alleviate my issue of foundation not sticking to my nose. Genius! Thanks to everyone who recommended the trick 🙂

My orders from the Colourpop sale are finally arriving tomorrow. Looking forward to maybe starting the June hauls thread☺️

"extreme" face masks 🙂

I just don't know what to say.  If this is extreme then I'm living on the edge and I didn't know it!   

Hah!

Fun! But all three of them have wonderful skin already.

I have used 24 K mask but wasn't waoed at all. Placenta and snail mucus sound too scary to try. Just imagine putting anything related to Placenta on your face . NOOOOOOOOO, Even I can't do it in the name of.  Skin care.

I do placenta masks all the time!  Lol, they're not bad!  No worse than snail!  You don't even notice a difference between them and other hydrating masks.  I don't see the big deal, but I also enjoy  The Placenta energy drinks so maybe I'm just weird.  In my defence, I didn't realize they were actual pig placenta til I was already addicted to them.  I just thought it was amusing and poor word selection/ translation. 

This year in Japan I fully intend to go for a snail facial where live snails crawl on your face for half an hour.   I'm so excited to knock snail facials off my bucket list!  

@heartsmyface Is it made of real pig placenta ? 😮 are you talking about drink or mask?

I wasn't a fan of the gold one either.  I got it in a kit, so I wasn't out much money for it, but it didn't really do anything for me.

Funny enough, they used the same snail mask I sent someone for Christmas elf, LOL.  When I saw that, I had a good chuckle 😉

I don't think I could do placenta.  

@Mochapj , I just saw your IG post and wonder have you ever tried to use left over serum on Missha empty sheet masks? I saw them other day and was thinking may be they'll be good to use left over serum from sheet masks or even using the DS samples of serums to make my own sheet masks. 

@fatimamummy I don't think I've ever seen Missha empty sheet masks.  Is it just the dry paper (or cotton) mask?

If that's what you mean, I think it could work.

I read a blog post a while back (I think from @ChicDabbler) where she reused the excess serum from a sheet mask she was testing because there was so much left.  

I do indeed! 70% of sheet masks have a little bit of excess serum left after you take out the sheet masks. I have combination skin, so stuff for dry skin can be a bit too rich/stuffy sometimes.

If the mask is lightweight I will massage it on after taking off the mask, and skip moisturizer. If the sheet mask is too moisturizing or there's a lot of serum left (like, 1 sample jar worth) then I will pour it into a sample jar and use it as a serum for the next day or two.

@Mochapj I haven't bought them yet so I am not sure about what material they are made of but they look like regular cloth sheets. I am putting the link in spoiler.

Spoiler

I tried a technique from a Wayne Goss video yesterday where you apply moisturizer, followed immediately by loose setting powder and then liquid foundation on top. It is AWESOME. Helps keep foundation from fading or moving around. My face lasted through two hours of slightly sweaty bowling, and well into the evening. 👍🏻 

@jemly  How about a May favorites thread? I have tried some great new things lately. 

Yes! I was just thinking about this too! 

testing