Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I'm waiting for Beautylish to restock a few of his brushes.  Anyone know how long it takes?

The Sephora app doesn't have a sale link anymore. I'm on an iPhone. 😞 I wonder if they are running updates to get ready for a Memorial Day sale but sucks if the app won't work for it. 

Search "Sale" in the search bar. It will take you to the sale section, or at least show you all the products on sale.

Also, I would bet this is a glitch that they plan to fix. I can't imagine why they would get rid of the sale section, of all things (then again, this is Sephora...), and some of their own features like Hot Picks (or whatever it is now) are also gone, though they still appear on the site when you link to it (in the app). So it looks like an error that is disappeared, but in the meantime just search for it.

Thanks @JazaChai

Anonymous Insider

Not beauty related but my baby girl turned one today. Celebratory prancing around the dog park and a puppy cup cake after dinner. ❤️

image.jpeg

Happy birthday to your pup - I love her flower!

Anonymous Insider

thanks! Her birthday bow is somewhere lost in my car. I took it off when other dogs at the dog park were chewing on it. Ha 

Happy Birthday to your cutie!  Since my girl is a rescue, we had to make up a birthday for her so she could get presents. She got a nice Indian roti for her birthday, she loves those things!

Anonymous Insider

@prettyinpa what are roti's? I make all her food  and I'm always looking for new recipes and treats!

@Anonymous- Sorry this took so long, I was away and I couldn't log into BT from my phone or iPod. grr!

Anyways, rotis are an East Indian flat bread made with aata whole wheat flour. They are traditionally cooked in a tandoori oven, but I've been able to make them successfully in my home oven at 450 degrees. They are easy to make, I add water to the aata flour to make a stiff dough, roll out with a rolling pin and place on cookie sheets. Cook in the oven until done, about 5 minutes, depending on how thick you get the flat bread to roll out. When cool, cut into wedges and freeze to save. They keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, so I only keep her out a portion of a batch so they rotis stay fresh.

@prettyinpa that is a very interesting method indeed. I always make Rotis and Parathas on tawa. It never accused to me they can be made in oven.

I wonder if you make them a little thick than traditional? Tawa Rotis are so thin and it is considered to make them soft , we must have to change side and apply light pressure with the bread cloth at right time. 

I am from Pakistan. Rotis and Parathas are a must in our everyday menu. I am very interested in trying it your method so I can make and freeze some for the days when it is a bit challenging to stand for long.

Edit: I just noticed you make it for your fur baby, So you don't. Necessarily have to cook them with all that delicacy we need for your human dining table, like shape and look and all that stuf ?

@fatimamummy- We eat them too, not just the fur baby, though she would be happy keeping them all for herself. Mine are definitely thicker than the frozen kind from the Indian store, but I can't get them that thin without them tearing. They aren't all that regular shaped either, but we still like the taste and consistency, we aren't fussy. I'm happy if my cooking gets done, I'm not one to stand on appearance, lol.

Lol @prettyinpa , good to know. I'll try making a few in oven and see how it turn out. 

I'm so intrigued to try making it this way next time I make roti @prettyinpa, thank you!

My mom always used to make them on the stovetop on a tawa.

I love those too!

Yeah, we make a big batch of rotis and freeze them for later, and I swear, she can tell when we take a frozen bag of them out of the freezer. We go in the freezer for bags of other stuff, like frozen vegetables or frozen dinners, but when the roti bag comes out, she's right there, even if she was sound asleep before.

Awww Happy Birthday to her! 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you!

Eeeeppp! What a beauty. Happy Birthday to her! 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! She's like to strike a pose here and there. Ha

She is beautiful - happy birthday to her ❤️

testing