ChicDabbler

Q&A with the mods? I'm curious =)

[ Edited ]

Hi mods (and admins)!

So most of the time we just see you do CS stuff and forget y'all have beauty backgrounds, but occasionally I hear little tidbits about backstage on fashion shows, or stuff at Sephora University. And I know a lot of you ladies (and gent) have some great tips/knowledge, so, I would love to know a bit more about the beauty advisor/expert side of you. Care to share?

1. What is your area of expertise/interest? (hair, skincare, makeup, nails etc)

2. What is your most challenging/exciting/interesting experience regarding makeup? (fashion show? challenging looks? beauty requests? innovative behind the scene look for brands?)

3. What is your skincare must have?

4. What is your beauty must have?

5. What is a fun/useful tip that you think people should know? (not the typical "take off makeup" and "wear sunscreen")

6. Favorite trend/more avant garde stuff that you think would be nice to see more of off the runway? (ombre lips? colorful eyes? purple blush?)

Thanks!

candacebt

Re: Q&A with the mods? I'm curious =)

[ Edited ]

Hi Missie - the post isn't "hidden". The majority of the posts under "The Lounge" category can still be seen on the front page. It is only the Off-Topic threads that can now be seen by clicking on "The Lounge" category itself or on the "Off-Topic" board. 

Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Candace

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Thanks! :smileyhappy: I appreciate it!!! It wasn't on the front page when I logged in so I assumed it was gone! Now I realized that it is only Off Topic Threads that are off the page, not the entire Lounge part!

ChicDabbler

Thanks Candace! Now, since you are here already.....*hint*hint*nudge*nudge* =P

candacebt

Oh do you want me to answer? I'm not *really* a mod and was going to leave it to the experts, but I'll post!

oklady2013

Thanks Diana. I will need to check out that Lancôme bronzer. Yah I really "need" another bronzer.

dianabt

@oklady2013 I have about 10 bronzers at home and those are just the ones currently open :smileysad: I love them even when I don't use them so much!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
marydiva

I'm so curious! This is gonna be a GREAT thread!!! :smileyvery-happy:

talinder

This is going to be an awesome thread, beautytester!

oklady2013

Great thread.

I hope ALL the mods chime in. I'd really like to hear about their backgrounds and expertise outside of CS.

dianabt

Because you all requested, here are my answers:

1. What is your area of expertise? (hair, skincare, makeup, nails etc)

I have the most experience in makeup but I'm also familiar with hair & nails (coloring, extensions, 3d nails, nail art, acrylics, etc. although I never got a license for any of them). 

2. What is your most challenging/exciting/interesting experience regarding makeup? (fashion show? challenging looks? beauty requests? innovative behind the scene look for brands?)

I'd have to say beauty requests on the internet are quite difficult to work with- it's one thing to have a client in front of you so you can swatch and test out colors but entirely different to recommend the perfect shade over the internet. Another challenge and fun experience is makeup for Television which I used to do- You need the most natural looking yet "flawless" finish possible to make the anchors/guests look normal but without being overdone like with stage makeup. :smileyhappy: 

3. What is your skincare must have?

Eye Cream!! It makes all the difference and really has helped- not a single line on my eyes yet! My current favorite is the Algenist Eye Balm which is hydrating without being greasy but is also super lightweight.

4. What is your beauty must have?

My beauty must have is a toss between mascara and a brow pencil. Just a bit of mascara and a bit of definition on the brows can make all the difference. I love the MUFE Smokey Lash mascara but also the Dior Iconic Overcurl which has a curled brush that fits my eye shape perfectly.

5. What is a fun/useful tip that you think people should know? (not the typical "take off makeup" and "wear sunscreen")

I've been doing this for years but on day's you don't have time for shadows and colors, dust a bit of bronzer on the eyelids for a warm glow and a bit of shimmer. Easy way to open and brighten the eyes.

6. Favorite trend/more avant garde stuff that you think would be nice to see more of off the runway? (ombre lips? colorful eyes? purple blush?)

I'm a fan of all makeup looks but I'm a HUGE fan of super colorful blushes (bold pinks and purples) or lashes on the lower lash line. Not everyone can pull it off but it can look amazing for a sultry nighttime or evening look. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
MlleCC

Diana, thank you so much for the tip about dusting bronzer on the eyelids! I've only started to experiment with makeup recently, and one of the skills that is still fairly daunting to me is eyeshadow application. Your tip sounds like a great beginner-friendly way to practice! 

prettyinpa

Hey Diana- Thanks so much for your insight!  It's always fun to hear from you and now we get to know you better (your advice is always so right on)!

SallieSunshine

Diana, thanks so much for responding! Um, since you mentioned it ... do you have a recommendation for a good bronzer to wear on the eyelids? (I'm relatively fair, if that matters.) :smileyvery-happy:

dianabt

@salliesunshine I'm partial to bronzers that are pretty light with a bit of shimmer- nothing too intense (I'd skip using Hoola by Benefit or Laguna by Nars) but look at the Lancome Star Bronzer (always my go to and what I originally started with!) or the Urban Decay Baked Bronzer- since you're pretty fair these are a bit lighter and won't be too intense or orangey on the eyes- subtlety is key!

upload_7316150464084717641.jpg

upload_2176508277896122271.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
SallieSunshine

Thank you! These are going on the list!

joeanne

Great ideas Diana!

ChicDabbler

*happy chant* DiaNA! DiaNA! I was hoping you'd response, yay my telepathy worked! =P

3D nails! I can't imagine it outside of a photo shoot, feel like things are gonna start falling off after an hour. o.O

And thank you for help justifying my bronzer purchase (I don't wear bronzers, but I do wear eyeshadows). =P

jojobe

Thank you Diana for that wonderful insight that you provided! I think it is so exciting to hear a bit of backround on our Mods. You guys are great! 

lyndsey

Thanks for answering! I agree on mascara and brow pencil. I never used it until I went into a Sephora a couple of years ago looking for a BB cream and the SA said I could use some brow filling. What a difference! I don't go without it now :smileyhappy: 

jenjendoitagain

Thank you Diana!

I have to say I probably wear bronzer on my eyelids more than I do anything else! It's my go-to for lazy days and it works well! :smileyhappy:

SallieSunshine

Great thread! I'm excited to read the responses!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 593 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • prettyinpa
    • killahbabe
    • anaa
    • blonde78
    • marydiva