colorobsession

Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

[ Edited ]

I love the entire idea of the Project 10 Pan. I always get so excited to try new things, but the end result are drawers and bins full of lots of partially used product. I know there have been a few posts about everyone's 10Pan accomplishments, and I figured it'd be fun to also spread the love to those who are also trying to clean house with their deluxe samples (especially with the awesome new 100 pt perks this month!).

I've got quite a collection of minis that have amassed, and I've been storing them in the case that last year's sunkit came in.

mail-1.jpeg

I really want to try so many of the products in there, but I've GOT to use up some of the ones I've already tried (of which I have another whole makeup bag full...I think I might have a mini-addiction :-p). I will definitely post an update when I have finished my DS 10-Pan.

What DS have you used up recently? Are any of them worth investing in the full-sized version? 

jxw200

Re: Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

(0) Hearts

i'm trying to use up deluxe samples too. It is getting so out of hand! lol not to mention that i have about a billion mini makeup things and legitimately at least six deluxe samples of hourglass veil primer haha. and SO MUCH deluxe skincare. AHHHH 

kalex

20131105_115135.jpg

My goal last month was sample packets.  This month my goal is to be able to post another 10 deluxe samples by the end of the month!

AmelieLandry

(0) Hearts

I only have three deluxe samples left:

1) Josie Aran argan oil makeup remover

2) Benefit They're Real! mascara sample from the BI bday gift

3) ditto #2 regarding Benefit Watt's Up! highlighter

I do have a couple of lancome serum samples somewhere but I can't find them

So far I've used up two UDPP sample tubes (liked), two UD naked BB tubes (didn't like, but didn't want to waste), and some cleanser samples (my favorite was a Soap and Glory one)

AmelieLandry

(0) Hearts

Oh wait! I also have a Smashbox face primer sample and an Essie cuticle oil sample. I still need to use those

AmelieLandry

(0) Hearts

I used the Essie oil up last month. I'm almost done with the argan oil and mascara sample and I'm sad because I really like both.

kalex

I finally get to post!  I didn't save the containers to take a picture because I have enough "crap" (as my husband calls it) already without keeping the empties too.  But here's what I used:

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
Bare Minerals Multi-Wrinkle Repair
Lancome Genefique
Murad Acne & Wrinkle Repair (x2)
Kiehls Crème de Corps
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream
DiorShow New Look Mascara

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

*drags this post up from the vault*

It's been a month, time to do this again :smileyvery-happy:

Skincare!

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes- perfect for when I'm too lazy/tired to legit wash my face. Have tons of backups of this :smileyhappy:

Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion- love, having been using for 2-3 years, tons of backups.

Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser- much prefer the non-foaming version, this tends to get in my eyes. Won't be repurchasing.

Wei To Go Gelled Oil Cleanser- good, but I prefer my Clinique Cleansing Balm

Tarte Maracuja Oil- obsessed. Have tons of backups.

Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (used for body)

Lierac Paris Concentre Mesolift

Murad Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer

B&BW, hair, makeup

B&BW Sensual Amber Shower Gel

B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena Anti-Bac Hand Soap

Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls- my search for a good leave-in curl product might be complete. LOVED this product, will definitely be purchasing a full size! Thanks, Birchbox :smileyhappy:

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner

BareMinerals Stroke of Light- obsessed, already have purchased full size

Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream

UD Supercurl Curling Mascara

Maybelline Waterproof Great Lash

Curel Lotion

Phytokeratine Reparative Conditioning Treatment (x2)

Caldrea Body Lotion (x3)

MUFE HD Primer

YSL Touche Eclat

colorobsession

Wow, you've made some nice progress!! I've been using a few of the same products. I have the simple wipes in my nightstand drawer for the same purpose (but I haven't gone through a whole pack yet). I've also gone through a few packets of Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. My hair is super straight and fine, and I really like this, but I don't know if I can justify spending over $50 on something I'll go through so quickly.

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

A few words.   I have A LOT of deluxe and samples.  

colorobsession

@mkupgk - They're so addicting, aren't they?? To be honest, sometimes I prefer having a smaller size, especially of things like mascara. I always feel like I end up wasting so much product with a full sized, because you really aren't supposed to keep them for too long.

roxystar4

@colorobsession I am the same way with mascaras! I prefer the minis!

colorobsession

@roxystar4 - Woo, I'm glad I'm not alone :-) I don't know about you, but for me the Lash Stash sets are key! I've managed to get the ones from the last two years on super sale after Christmas and they last me for pretty much the rest of the year and then some. I don't even want to know how many unused mascara minis I have in my makeup bin...

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@colorobsession  I bought the lash set with the voucher for my sister for her bday. she LOVES IT. yay! I actually have never gotten one. I just use the samples I get at events, 100 point perks, or promo codes. :smileyhappy:  I will have to keep an eye out for one on sale after the holidays though!

crayzeeRN

They seriously need to make a waterproof version of the lash stash- I'd be ALL OVER THAT. :smileyvery-happy:

mafan

(0) Hearts

I'd be in line ahead of you on that one :smileywink:

DTalksAll

I love mascara samples too! I hate throwing a tube out every 3 months that I paid for, seems like such a waste. 

The key is not to open & try them on when you get them. I have a clear bag that I keep all mascara samples in & don't open them until I'm ready to put it in rotation. 

I agree... I wish they had more waterproof options. 

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

the best mini mascara would be the they're real! i had it for about 3 months and then threw it away without any wasted product

crayzeeRN

I was too lazy to yank my empties out last night :smileyvery-happy:

Bunch of sample packettes in there.

3 mascaras- Eyeko Skinny Brush (hate), Bare Minerals Curl & Lengthen (dislike), Benefit Bad Gal Brown (LOVE!).

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub (use this for body), Body Shop Mango Shower Gel, Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion (LOVE and already have another waiting).

Clinique Take the Day Off (hate the film this left on my face, trying the balm version now)

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer & Hydrating Primer

Bath & Body Works Pocketbacs in Fresh Lemon and Sweet Pea

colorobsession

Thanks for sharing the pic!! I also have the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion in my shower and it is awesome as facial exfoliators go! I also have Bad Gal Brown in my "to be used" stash, so your positive feedback definitely has me excited to try it out!

I hear you about the moving. Every year in college I lived in a different dorm or apartment, then I lived home with mom and dad for a while, and then I bought my own place last year. Needless to say I'm good with packing/unpacking for a while! I wish you good luck with the house hunt! It can get stressful at times, but it's so worth it in the end when you find a place you love.

crayzeeRN

I absolutely love the Vit C Microdermabrasion! This is my current HG exfoliator- it doesn't feel scratchy on my skin, but still manages to exfoliate really well!

The Bad Gal Brown is surprisingly water resistant- my mascaras tend to end up under my eyes after a 12 hour shift, and this one doesn't at all. Also held up pretty well through an episode of tears! Looks very natural- your lashes but with OOMPH!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • jxw200
    • annonymous1