colorobsession

Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

[ Edited ]

I love the entire idea of the Project 10 Pan. I always get so excited to try new things, but the end result are drawers and bins full of lots of partially used product. I know there have been a few posts about everyone's 10Pan accomplishments, and I figured it'd be fun to also spread the love to those who are also trying to clean house with their deluxe samples (especially with the awesome new 100 pt perks this month!).

I've got quite a collection of minis that have amassed, and I've been storing them in the case that last year's sunkit came in.

mail-1.jpeg

I really want to try so many of the products in there, but I've GOT to use up some of the ones I've already tried (of which I have another whole makeup bag full...I think I might have a mini-addiction :-p). I will definitely post an update when I have finished my DS 10-Pan.

What DS have you used up recently? Are any of them worth investing in the full-sized version? 

colorobsession

Re: Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

(0) Hearts

@crayzeeRN - Wow, that's awesome! It feels so great though to have all of your stuff organized and to finally free yourself of old products or stuff you know you're never really going to use. I've got more bath and body products than I know how to do with as well. That's one thing I've been good about not buying any more of in several months...pretty sure I have enough to last me the next 5 years lol.

Are you going to be moving soon?

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

"Soon-ish" :smileyvery-happy:

I'm hoping to buy a house this coming fall! I slightly dread the moving process after doing it SO many times in college!

colorobsession

I decided to do some serious spring cleaning this past weekend and re-organized my entire makeup collection. I remembered this thread and wanted to get myself motivated to keep on using up the things I have and get excited about things I've rediscovered in my stash!

Recent things I've used up (sample/travel sizes):

- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (was all right, but my Boscia cleansers are still my fav)

- Murad Essential-C Day Moisture (loved this, btw)

- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base (also loved this, and bought the full-size)

- Benefit Posietint (didn't end up being a huge fan)

- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara (didn't really finish it, but I try not to keep the mini mascaras for more than 3-4 months since it's not super sanitary and I have so many to use I might as well move on to the next...but anyway, this was fab!)

Some new samples that I've just started using:

- Cover FX Matte Setting Powder in Light

- Givenchy Le Rouge

- Philosophy Hope in a Jar SPF25

- Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara

With this being a popular no-buy summer has anyone else been trying to clean house in their makeup stash?

crayzeeRN

Nice job!

I did a massive cleaning of every drawer and cabinet in my bathroom yesterday (it took four hours- serious accomplishment we're talking here :smileyvery-happy:) Got rid of some stuff and reorganized, now things fit a ton better and I can find things! :smileyhappy:

I'm also still continuing to work on the makeup/product stash... the fact that I just bought a crap-ton doesn't really help. Chucking all my used products into a shoebox each month really helps to keep me motivated and stick with using things up instead of using 6 products at once that do the same thing! My priority is getting rid of my massive collection of Bath & Body Works products- those are a lot heavier and bulkier than cosmetics to move into a new house!

crayzeeRN

Project Deluxe Sample 1-million Pan continues!! :smileyhappy:

Finally getting through some stuff, and it feels good!

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner

Bumble & Bumble Gentle Shampoo/Super Rich Conditioner

Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner

Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo/Conditioner

Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo/Conditioner/Restorative Treatment

Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo/Conditioner

BBW Paris Amour Shower Gel

Maybelline Mega Plush

Maybelline The Falsies

Victoria's Secret Secret Charm Lotion

Whish Shower Cream

Benefit the Porefessional

Sephora Instant Moisturizer

Dr. Jart BB Cream

Simple Wipes

Only thing I hated was the Ojon products (made my hair absolutely dull and without shine). Loved the Living Proof- holy cow that smelled good! And of course, love the Porefessional, however I get so many free deluxe samples of this I've never needed to buy a full size! I think I still have 2 left.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

1. mychelle replenishing solar defense sunblock X 3

2. fresh sugar rose lip treatment

3. buxom lip cream, white Russian

4. buxom lip gloss, dolly

5. benefit benetint

6. Josie maran argan mini color stick, petal pink

7. benefit that gal brightening face primer

Alright, I used up all my sunscreen packets. My Benefit primer is getting low too (I don't know if I like this...I don't see ANY difference at all when I use it.....when I use eye primer I can tell that the color lasts longer

colorobsession

@wingatprsct - I've been doing the same thing with fragrances. I usually shower in the morning, and so I'll spray something new on a few hours before I go to bed. If I end up liking it, I'll use it again in the morning after I shower. If I don't like it, then no one else will have to smell me but me!

@sephoramusthave - I hear you about the travel sized versus DS sized things. I've been surprised at how long some of the minis I've got have lasted. The Boscia facewash I finally finished was really travel sized, and I had it for months. Also, it sounds like you have some fun minis in your collection to use!

@crazeeRN - That's awesome that use your Sunkit case to do the same thing! I'm not gonna lie, I kind of want to buy the kit again this year. I loved so many of the products from the last one I almost can't resist. And yes, it really is satisfying to finish something up. I HATE having to throw something away because it's gotten old but it's been barely used. (P.S. was totally sad when I had to part with my Scandal Queen mascara mini too. That stuff is amazing).

wingatprsct

I just went through my makeup, polish, and hair products and threw away some old stuff and am trying to use up those that have just a little left in them.  Now, I'm on to the samples and trying to use them up.  I also try to take a few minutes at night, before I take my makeup off, to experiment with new shadow combinations or test new color samples.  I'm also trying my cologne samples then too and if I like one, leave it out to wear the next day and see how long it lasts.  

AlwaysGlamorous

@wingatprsct - I love the idea of trying new shadow combos/colors right before you take off your makeup at night! Definitely going to start doing that!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

1. mychelle replenishing solar defense sunblock X 3

2. fresh sugar rose lip treatment

3. buxom lip cream, white Russian

4. buxom lip gloss, dolly

5. benefit benetint

6. Josie maran argan mini color stick, petal pink

7. benefit that gal brightening face primer

Okay used up my benefit primer as well. I'm surprised how long its taking me to use up these few deluxe samples! The fresh lipbalm and the benetint doesn't have too much left.

crayzeeRN

Finally getting through some of my stash of samples! Went through a LOT of shampoo/lotion/primer packettes, a couple mini hair product bottles, and a couple deluxe samples:

NARS tinted moisturizer

Fairy Drops Scandal Queen (sad to finish this)

Benefit Bad Gal

Kiehls Body Cleanser

Murad Clarifying Mask

Mini True Blue Spa Hand Lotion

Still tons to go!

sephoramusthave

I just used up my mini buxom big and healthy lipstick in Sydney :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I'm gonna have to go through my stash and list all my mini/deluxe samples and go from there.

colorobsession

@sephoramusthave - I just started using my DS of Buxom Big & Healthy lipstick in Marrakesh. I actually was pleasantly surprised. I really like the smooth and totally non-sticky texture of it, and it lasts a decently long time as well. The tingly cooling peppermint sensation is fun too. 

In terms of my own personal DS use progress, so far I've finished up:

- Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel (1.7 oz from Boscia's Best Set)
- Boscia Oil-Free Hydration SPF 15 (0.5 oz from Boscia's Best set)
- Especially Escada (normal perfume sample, have now purchased full sized)
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray (mini from a Benefit kit, also have full sized from The Pretty Committee set)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Eye Lid Primer (0.02 oz from Smashbox Try it Kit)

The most recent new sample that I've started to add into the rotation is Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30. My derm wants me to use a daytime moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30, so when I saw that I had this DS hanging around I thought this would be the perfect thing to try. I actually really like it a lot. It provides good moisturization without being greasy, and has a pleasant orange-y smell. Unfortunately the full sized version is $60, so I'm trying to enjoy every drop of the DS while it lasts!

newermexico

I save all the samples I dont want, on Holloween, I have a big bowl of candy for the kiddies and large silver tray of assorted Sephora samples fanned out/arranged for the 'tweens and mothers of the tricker treaters...You have never seen such happy girls/ladies!

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

That is such a good idea! Recently I've been putting together small gift bags and giving my extra samples to my co-workers... I try to give them products I think they would actually like and they seem to really appreciate the thought :smileyhappy:

Apocalyptica

This has to be the best idea I've ever heard! How awesome! I wish more people came to our house on Halloween and I could try this out myself.

violalea

wow awesome idea!! 

crayzeeRN

Too funny, I use my empty case from the sunscreen kit for the exact same use! And sadly, mine is also overflowing with too many deluxe samples/packettes. I've been on a major use-up products obsession the last couple months and I'm finally starting to see some empty space in my stash locations! (I'm also trying to use up hair and bath/body products too). Funny, its actually really satisfying when you finish something!

MoreGun89

Depending on the size of the samples during the VIB preview next week (can't make it out on the day, but I will be there the day after, going to see if they can hold a bag for me >.> )  I may need to post on this thread too!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Whoa, ya'll are awesome. If I took a pic of all of my deluxe samples/sample packets it wouldnt be much to look at.

beautytester--thanks for the review!! sounds like a great scrub!

This thread reminded me that I have a mini fresh sugar lip treatment in rose. I used up the clear one and have about half of the rose one left. I like it but its not moisturizing enough when my lips are chapped and I hate how the formula melts sooo easily!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • jxw200
    • annonymous1