colorobsession

Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

[ Edited ]

I love the entire idea of the Project 10 Pan. I always get so excited to try new things, but the end result are drawers and bins full of lots of partially used product. I know there have been a few posts about everyone's 10Pan accomplishments, and I figured it'd be fun to also spread the love to those who are also trying to clean house with their deluxe samples (especially with the awesome new 100 pt perks this month!).

I've got quite a collection of minis that have amassed, and I've been storing them in the case that last year's sunkit came in.

mail-1.jpeg

I really want to try so many of the products in there, but I've GOT to use up some of the ones I've already tried (of which I have another whole makeup bag full...I think I might have a mini-addiction :-p). I will definitely post an update when I have finished my DS 10-Pan.

What DS have you used up recently? Are any of them worth investing in the full-sized version? 

sephoramusthave

Re: Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

Okay here are all my mini/deluxe samples/sample packets:

1. mychelle replenishing solar defense sunblock    X 3

2. fresh sugar rose lip treatment

3. buxom lip cream, white Russian

4. buxom lip gloss, dolly

5. benefit benetint

6. Josie maran argan mini color stick, petal pink

7. benefit that gal brightening face primer

I have a lot more that I thought I did...and I totally forgot about those sunscreen samples I picked up at Whole Food lately. :smileyvery-happy:

I might post a pic later on.

violalea

love love your collection of minis!!!!!!!!

ChicDabbler

lol, I like how everyone have similar samples. Supergoop SPF, POREfessional, Boscia... =P

I just can't resist a skincare kit on sale. XD

lylysa

I just wrapped up a sample of Dr. Brandt's Ruby Glow Eye Cream and really enjoyed it. Normally it takes a bit for eye products to impress me, but I really enjoyed the texture and the way it felt on my skin. It had illuminating particles but wasn't like a disco ball on my face and it was very light weigh and easy to absorb.

I AM on the market for a new eye cream, so that might be the one I'll go for next.

I found that samples and DS are my best friend during holiday or gift giving time. My friends turn to me for beauty advice so when I send them off with samples or just randomly go "Oh hey, I think this would work for you with what you mentioned about your skin last time" they get super happy! I amassed a great load of fragrance samples (close to 24) that were nice vials and even small jars and gave them all to my friend who is in love with trying new scents! She opened and lined up all of them and had a blast sniffing away.

I find that samples for mascara, liner, gloss, or lipstick is great to keep in various purses and bags as a "just in case" ploy, that way you have a bunch scattered around and don't have to worry about moving items from one purse to the other.

violalea

lylysa,

Did you get the free VIB Origin eyecream? Would it be okay for people in their 20s to use?

Yeah I used to do the same put one lipgloss and one eyeliner in each purse cause thats pretty much all i use when I was lazy putting on makeup.

lylysa

No, I didn't, not even at VIB status yet! :smileytongue:

violalea

(0) Hearts

Oh true, there's no little red VIb next to HALL OF FAMER. How in the world that you are not a VIB :smileywink: , with all the knowledge you have about skin products and I am sure makeup too, you must have bought and used/tested ton of products :smileyhappy:

But doesnt matter, to me, you are SUPER VIB :smileywink: 

sephoramusthave

It doesnt always work that way. I'm a VIB and have been for years, but I dont have the icon next to my name.

violalea

(0) Hearts

sephoramusthave,

True there is no icon next to your name :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

I don't know how my brain work sometimes. I see the "I'm a VIB and have been for years" while my peripheral vision caught "35m ago" from above the sentence and somehow it became "I'm a VIB and have been for 35 years". I was very impressed for....5 sec before I realized I misread.

@violalea. I also buy everything for my mom, so the deluxe samples are from mine and my mom's purchase and I didn't start using them until recently when I realize how much I have. Since my deluxe/kit-size stuff are all skincare, they get used up slowly cuz I only open a new one after I finished the previous mini/deluxe so I go through 2-3 per month. =X

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

beautytester,

Yeah my mom skin is too sensitive and very careful with her skin so she only uses products she buys herself and she does not wear much makeup just lip stick when she goes out cause she had her eyebrows and eyeliners tatooed already. So I only gets her lip products and perfumes.

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Sooo...my sample using crusade may have just bitten me in the butt. One of the samples I tried this week made be break out in an awful blistery full-face rash :-( I've never had contact dermatitis from a skincare product before, and it is SO not fun. I'm thinking it was the Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer, because I used it am and pm for 2 days and on day 3 woke up looking like a lobster.

violalea

(0) Hearts

Oh nooooo, hope you will get better soon.

veevali

[ Edited ]

These are my backup samples that I haven't begun to use yet. (A lot of the mascaras are from a sephora favorites box though.) There are at least 20, including makeup ones which take forever to finish, that are in my actual makeup drawers.

photo.JPG

I love deluxe samples cause you get a chance to really try something out, and they usually last a while, but I think I have reached the point of having too many backups for my backups.

I recently decided that I am allowed to buy one new products for every five products I finish (full size and deluxe sample size, small packet samples don't count). Project 10 pan is just too tough for me, and I love the incentive of being able to reward myself with one new item. Althought I am allowing myself a sephora haul for the VIB sale that doesn't go into the product count but has a budget.

sephoramusthave

I'm completely digging my sample of Origins mega bright serum. Smells amazing, feels amazing, and it did a good number on a couple of my acne scars, the indentions are completely smoothed out! LOVE. I also have about 1/3 of my Benefit benetint mini. Its gorgeous on cheeks, but terrible on lips---to drying, doesnt set evenly, tastes awful. I'm not a fan of liquid blush, it stains my fingers and I dont like the nailpolish like packaging---the brush makes the product go on uneven, and you have to blend it in straight away or it will set in streaks!

kenny

(0) Hearts

WOW! That's quite a few samples! Mind you I find that the deluxe samples can last a very long time! Plus finding time to play around with them is hard. I find some of the highlighters and luminizers from Benefit end up lasting me several months since you don't need to use much, And powders too! Eyeshadows, blushes, etc end up lasting several months also!

Some of my recent ones are BE mineral veil, highbeam, that gal, plus I have the ones from the Laura Mercier 500 pt gift, tinted moisturizer, primer, the shimmer brick thing, eye basics primer. TF eye primer. I also have the smaller samples for clinique 3-step system and korres moisturizer

kd006

(0) Hearts

Wow! It looks like you have great samples though so I'd love to hear your thoughts on them when you try them. I hate little packet samples like you get with every order, just because they are a pain to use, and if you don't use the full thing in one use, it's a pain to keep it clean. But those samples look good because most of them are deluxe.

violalea

You should line up all your deluxe samples and take pictures. I feel like you have at least 50-60. Am I right? Am I right? :smileywink:  :smileywink:  Awesome!!!!!!!

sephoramusthave

colorobsession----No there's no special going on, I just went into Neiman Marcos and noticed that Tata Harper was the only all natural skincare line they carried so I chatted up with the counter person, we talked about ingredients and which ones her line likes to use and she liked me enough to give me a bunch of samples (15-20) for free! I didnt even notice how many she gave me until I went home, she put them in the little shopping bag, I thought it was 2-3 samples but it was wayyyy more! I wish I fell in love with the line though, because I feel so bad not going back and buying anything after I got so many samples but I dont find anything to be worth the price, and I've tried too many similar items to justify those crazy prices. All natural skincare is something that is widely available, especially at places like Whole Foods or Sprouts or any other health food stores, so its not something you have to shell out big bucks for just for brand name recognition.

i really love the buxom big and healthy lipstick!! Its because of this mini actually that I bought the full sized las vegas, and I loved it so much I used it up completely!

I also remember using up a MUFE setting powder mini not too long ago. I liked it but its too messy to use. Plus, I detest loose powder/mineral makeup.

veevali

That was so nice of her, sad that nothing worked out for you though.

I'm so glad to hear that you love the buxom lipsticks. I have a couple on my wishlist for the VIB sale. Now I'm even more excited!

violalea

[ Edited ]

wow thats look great!!!!!!!!!!! I can totally see the number of orders you had to place :smileywink:    :smileywink:   I have about 25 deluxe samples from using the code and I am currently using Josie Maran Infinity cream and Josie Maran Cleasing Oil and Shiseido sunscreen :smileyhappy: Dont remember how many I have used up. Top of my head I still have not used Amore, Philosophy Hope In A Jar Day and Night, Caudalie cream and many more..... Some of them are mini perfumes like Michael Kors, Coachlove,etc...

Love love minis :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • jxw200