colorobsession

Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

[ Edited ]

I love the entire idea of the Project 10 Pan. I always get so excited to try new things, but the end result are drawers and bins full of lots of partially used product. I know there have been a few posts about everyone's 10Pan accomplishments, and I figured it'd be fun to also spread the love to those who are also trying to clean house with their deluxe samples (especially with the awesome new 100 pt perks this month!).

I've got quite a collection of minis that have amassed, and I've been storing them in the case that last year's sunkit came in.

mail-1.jpeg

I really want to try so many of the products in there, but I've GOT to use up some of the ones I've already tried (of which I have another whole makeup bag full...I think I might have a mini-addiction :-p). I will definitely post an update when I have finished my DS 10-Pan.

What DS have you used up recently? Are any of them worth investing in the full-sized version? 

colorobsession

Re: Project 10 Pan - Deluxe Sample Edition

(0) Hearts

I was pretty happy that they gave us the Fresh lip treatments for our birthday gift last year, although I would have probably preferred if they picked a color other than the rose, because I had a mini AND a full size verison of it already. I do like the formula, especially the original, but it is a bummer that it melts so easily.

ChicDabbler

I love the Fresh set! Totally stocked up on it. I got a set for my bday, a set with the promo, then another set when I begged the store associate to exchange my bday Benefit duo for another Fresh duo (I'm curious, what do they do with leftover bday gifts?). Eitherway, very glad I have enough to last the winter this yr and keep one everywhere.

Fabz

These are awesome! I am so jealous... it seems like the only samples I get are either fragrances or packets. Blah.

colorobsession

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@fabz - A few times a year Sephora will offer a gift with purchase that includes several deluxe sized samples. I also like to invest in sets that contain a few full sized products and several minis, like the Sephora favorites collection. And the BEST is when your order contains both of them :-) I think that's how I ended up with so many!

colorobsession

So, I've decided as a way to start tacking the 10 or 15 mini fragrance vials I've been doing a preliminary spritz on myself at night time when I'm hanging around the house. Since I'm not running around I feel like I pay attention more to the fragrance and whether or not I actually like it. Also, since I shower in the morning, I figure that if I don't like the fragrance, or it smells funky with my personal chemistry, I'll be able to just wash it off. And if my test run went well, I'll put it on again when I'm getting ready for work! I figure once I've rotated through them all I can start wearing my favorites until I use them up, or give away the ones that don't work for me.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

@Sephoramusthave. Haha, I have the C.O Bigalow and Smith rose salve. The Smith one is a bit thinner and $1 more expensive (I think?) but the scent is more rose-like instead of artificial so I think the rose/essential oil blend is probably better? they don't list specifics. I really like mixing it with brown sugar (and maybe a drop of argan oil) in a sample jar for a nice hydrating lip exfoliator (works as well as Fresh Brown Sugar).

The Alba Botanica scrub is pretty nice. It's nut shell but finer than St. Ives and is in a thick creamy solution, so it scrubs well without scratching/hurting the skin. It's a physical+enzyme exfoliator in one and you can feel the enzyme working from a mild sensation. It does not irritate for me and is definitely worth the price, but the best exfoliator I've tried have to be Dr. Brandt microderm, but that's $70. T.T

starletta8

I have a couple of small shopping bags (!) of samples.  To force myself to start trying them, I've stashed a variety of packets and a couple of deluxe samples in this:

samples.jpg

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

beautytester-----I see Rosebud Salve!! Thats my holy grail high end lipbalm! YAY!

What is the alba botanica even advanced scrub like? I've seen it a few times but never picked it up.

ChicDabbler

I always buy in kits, and I buy for mom but keep the promo/perks/samples for me. Here are the skincare I have not touched/used yet:

2013-04-04 16.36.42.jpgHere are the things I'm attempting to finish (things that I've been/are using):

2013-04-04 16.57.24.jpg

And here are the straggler full size that I haven't really used:

2013-04-04 17.04.33.jpgI attempted to take a pic of the sample packets but gave up: La Vanilla lotion SPF 30, L'occitane Angelica/Immortelle/Shea cream, ExfoliKate Intense peel, AmorePacific Moisture, Fresh Soy, Murad, Ole Henriksen, Estee Lauder serums, Perricone moisturizer, Benefit lotion, Dior serums, and a couple Dermalogica thing.

*cough* I assure anyone who is still reading that my makeup collection is nowhere as large as this, and that I have made progress on some deluxe sample things (seriously, is there any skincare brand not included in here?).

denden798

(0) Hearts

haha give me some :smileyhappy: lol

violalea

Beautytester,

I feel like you get every single of the deluxe sample out there :smileyhappy: That looks awesome!!! I have a few like yours, from the photo of the deluxe samples that you have not touched: the Clinique Laser wear, Philosophy Take a deep breath, Josie MAran Cleasing Oil, Shiseido suncreen, Lancome, Josie Maran argan oil and Dr. Dennis Gross. I have not used most of them except the Philosophy and Josie Maran. I cant wait to get home to open my package with the origin in there :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

@violalea. Well, i did miss the bag of 9 deluxe samples for vibs. Half of my collections are not samples but kits i brought (oh lord, how many orders must i made if those were all actually free samples?). Im mid20 and the plantscription eye cream is fine, even on the lid, for me.

@lylysa, lol, everyone thought ud be a vib already. Dont worry, you will get to try the eye cream *wink*.

violalea

(0) Hearts

I know right? Thats why when I saw all your delux samples and thought wow this girl was so lucky ordered a ton and got every single deluxe sample out there :smileywink: Even 1/2 of your deluxe samples were from order was a lot still. :smileyhappy:

Yeah i got my origin eye cream, will be using it soon!!!

colorobsession

@violalea - I might just do that! I might take a page from beauty tester's book and put up pics of unused and used samples that I'm working through!

@Sephoramusthave - That's super awesome that the sales person you were talking to was so generous with the samples, but disappointing that there wasn't a product worth a full sized investment. In a way though, at least you got to play and try some new stuff, and there will always be other products to fall in love with from other brands. And on the note of the setting powders, I hate the mess that they make. I feel like somehow it ends up getting all over everything in my makeup bag, my dresser, my clothes...oye! But I have so many little samples I kind of feel guilty not using them! Also, I have similar feelings about benetint. I love the soft rosy color on my cheeks, but I don't dig it on my lips. I've found that Tarte's lip surgence in Enchanted is a very close match, though, if you're looking for a sheer rose-y lip.

@kd006 - I will definitely try to update! I actually just used the foil packet samples of the Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner, as well as the Dry Bar Happy Hour Shampoo and Conditioner. I have very straight, very fine textured hair, that tends to get oily/dirty very easily. I was partial to the Bumble and Bumble. It doesn't have a ton of lather, but I felt like it really did add volume to my hair. The Dry Bar products smelled amazing, but I felt that they maybe weren't quite as well suited for my hair type. I felt like my hair got greasy more quickly and didn't have as much life as with the Bumble and Bumble.

colorobsession

@kenny - They really can last forever! I have a teeny tiny sample of High Beam and Benetint that have been going strong for months! I think part of the problem is that when you have so many options and try to rotate through them it ends up taking you 15 times as long it seems to finish any single one. Sounds like you have some fun samples in your arsenal as well!

@veevali - That's an awesome collection you have going! I have quite a few mascaras from the Lashstash kits as well. I got the one from this past year and the year before both on ridiculous sale. Even though I have more mascara than I can probably ever use it was so hard to pass up lol.

@lylysa - Did you get the VIB Origins eye cream/have you tried the plantscription eye cream before? I haven't tried mine out yet (I'm going to use up some other samples first! :-p) but I am curious to hear about what others think of it. Also, your friends must totally love you for being so generous with your samples and such. I've done similar with my friends for Christmas. I usually will give my mom or close girlfriends the deluxe sample sets and freebies I get with the orders I do for Christmas shopping. Last year I gave my friend the Cinderella bag promotion they had going on along with a Tarte set I ordered for her and she was super happy. Getting to spread the love is a pretty awesome feeling!

@beautytester - I love it! I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone out there :-p Also, that True Blue Spa blackberry face mask? I LOVE it. It smells SO AMAZING. I think I might even like it better than my Boscia Black Purifying Fask Mask, and it's was less expensive. If you haven't tried it yet you definitely should!

lylysa

Nope, I didn't get the Origins eye cream, not even a VIB believe it or not! I love ordering mini sets during the holidays so that way they pair up size-wise better with the DS I get!

violalea

(0) Hearts

Lylysa,

I thought you were SUPER VIB if there were such a thing :smileywink:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

TBS Blackberry is fun and gentle, altho if I really need heavy duty flake remover, I use Sekkisei Kose (the navy tube with silver cap and 3 characters on it). It is especially intense after shower, I can feel it sink deep in and grip everything as it peels off the flaky skin and whatnot (it's a bit stronger/drier than Boscia, not for the weak of heart (or sensitive skin)).

colorobsession

So it's a bit easier to see...here are the minis that I'm currently using. I think my Smashbox Eye Primer and Stay Don't Stray have finally kicked the bucket. I'm also just finishing up a small Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel and Fresh Soy Face Cleanser that are still in my shower.
mail-3.jpeg

And these are all the minis that were hiding in my case that I have yet to touch...
mail-4.jpeg

And this is what it looks like with just the fragrance/foil packet samples left behind...

mail-5.jpeg

And now that I think about it, I probably have a few other things floating around in purses or in my bathroom... I think part of my problem is that I need to get into a better regular beauty routine so that I can use this stuff up! Hopefully this visual will be good motivation lol.

Apocalyptica

(0) Hearts

Wow... and I used to think I had alot of samples. lol I tend to share my samples with my Mom and sister. If they are something that I'm not interested in or have more than one of I usually see if they want or need any of them.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I looked through all my mini's. Most of my mini's are really travel sized products (like ones you get in kits) that are WAY bigger than the deluxe samples/sample packets so they take me a while to use up. I have zero skincare samples because I used them all up a long time ago and gave some away, and just have makeup travel sized "minis".

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • jxw200
    • annonymous1