krunce

Products you DON'T Regret Buying in 2012

[ Edited ]

MsMisty's super fantastic post idea was a fantastic purge and cleanse for all of us. It's really nice to admit to your 2012 mistakes, and I've loved reading everyone's posts.

Let's try to feel a bit better about ourselves too and list off the HG products (or maybe slightly shy of HG products) that you discovered in 2012 and you envision sticking around for years to come. Or at least, until the end of this year, lol.

In 2012, I made a few key skincare discoveries that have made a huge difference for me.

One of them is my Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System. I looked reviews up before I splurged and was super nervous to buy, especially since a lot of dermatologists don't agree that skin ever 'purges.' While this hasn't cleared up all of my acne, it's made a huge difference in my daily skin management and skin texture. It suits my skin type really well, and I'm also **bleep** about keeping it clean (whenever the batteries run out, I soak the brush head in isopropyl alcohol, and then soke the brush head attachment area on the device in isopropyl alcohol too).

swfupload_4507781323763991496.jpg

2012 is also the year I disocvered Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. I can never go back. It's amazing and perfect and I love it so much.

swfupload_3889848553367275243.jpg

I also started using Caudalie's VInosource S.O.S. thirst quenching serum, which is a super light but super effective moisture lock in and balancer for after you wash your face. My combination skin, which vascillates from dry in the mornings to oily in the evenings, now skips the 'dry' phase entirely.

swfupload_6525759701802691359.jpg

The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing System in both Gel and Lotion have partnered with all of the above beautifully, and are the keystone to my new skincare routine. They absorb in perfectly, and don't leave that frustrating glycerin layer, but also keep my skin moisturized. I have one of each and transition between them from summer to winter now.

swfupload_712400927948534062.jpgswfupload_6523246319017829231.jpg

poemelyric

Re: Products you DON'T Regret Buying in 2012

(0) Hearts

For me, it's the UD Nakeds, Lancôme Cils Booster and Hypnose Drama.

cspriverratz

So many items that i tried out in 2012 ended up becoming a staple of my beauty routine! 

Some purchases I definitely do not regret buying are:

-Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine: gives a light pinky color, leaves lip moisturizes, use it almost everyday before leaving the house!

-Buxom Mascara: daily mascara! leaves every lash perfectly coated and clump free (:

-Benefit Boi-ing! concealer: industrial strength, makes my skin look smooth and flawless!

-Marc Jacobs Daisy: perfect floral scent! have this in a rollerball, take it with me on the go

-Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose: 1 million times better than cherry chapstick! gives lips that red color and moisturizes so well!

-Urban Decay Naked Palette: best.eyeshadow.palette.everrrr. perfect neutrals and a very high quality make-up brush!

-FAB Face Cleanser: leaves skin clean and shine free! 

-Sephora Sun Disk in Aruba: best bronzer I have found for my extremely pale skin, it has a hint of shimmer so it keeps the application light.

-Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer: love this stuff! too bad sephora discontinued it :smileysad: now I buy the moisturizer from smashbox.com, and the bb cream from sephora.

-Eos lipbalm: wear this everynight before bed, leaves my lips soft and ready for the next day!

-Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss: layer this on over the Eos lipbalm when i'm running late, the perfect gloss (:

-Anastasia Brow Pencil: found this to be one of the best brow products around! brush eyebrows into place then color them in!

Quite a lot of successful make-up discoveries in 2012! 

krunce

(0) Hearts

I love the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose too! It's one of my first lip purchases. But in the summer, it meeelttss :s I started having to leave it in the fridge at night!

beautylovingirl

Mine would be:

L'Occitane Shower oils and gels

L'Occitane body cream.

MoreGun89

Pretty much everything I love!

Maracuja Oil

Omorovicza Foaming Cleanser

Ouidad Bay Leaf Treatment

BB Cream

Guerlain Terracotta Looose Kohl

Fresh Sake bath!  (for my bday)

Yeeeaaaah... >.>

DTalksAll

A lot of these were re-purchases. 

~ Perricone Cold Plasma Body- I love it, but can I regret it due to the price? LOL I haven't been able to find a true "dupe" for it! 

~ YSL glossy stains - love the gloss at first & the lasting stain that doesn't budge

~ Fresh Sugar Acai-Age Delay Body Cream- the scent is wonderful! 

~ Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water- gentle & removes WP eye makeup without rubbing

~ Shiseido Makeup Facial Cotton- so soft & I cut them in 1/2 or pull them apart to get more use out of them

~ Diorskin Airflash Foundation. So easy to use & leaves a nice cream to powder finish

~ Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel - Gentle & effective

~ Too Faced 3-way lash lining tool - perfect tight lining that doesn't budge

~ Guerlain Meteorites Compact Powder in "Teint Beige 02" - soft finish, light coverage, great for touchups

~ Perricone No foundation foundation - evens tone, perfect for summer

~ PTR Retinol Fusion AM & PM - the PM has a nice light, oil-free serum texture. The AM has SPF & Vitamin C

~ Fresh Sugar Deodrant- I wear it in the summer with the body lotion & sugar leyche perfume

~ Too many amazing OH products - seriously, I've tried so many & love them all. OH had great GWP during Black Friday & their F&F sale. I have enough deluxe/travel size to last me the next 2 years.  

~ Too many Nars lip glosses - not tacky, very pigmented 

~ YSL Touche Eclat in "Luminous Ivory" - blend nicely, adds a nice highlight without shimmer 

~ Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 - smooth & doesn't clog pores

~ Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat - my HG nail strengthener 

~ Red Carpet Manicure LED gel manicure set - Now I can get a lasting manicure at home

~ PTR Mineral Powder SPF 30 - purse size sunscreen that can be applied anywhere that WORKS! 

~ Can I add the Amore Pacific CC? I bought it last week, but am already obsessed :smileywink: 

mkupgk

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

krunce

(0) Hearts

Wow, those eyeshadow palettes are amazing! Are they both Urban Decay?

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Yes :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

From this year and this year only I've fallen in love with Benefit Fake Up Concealer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick, Buxom Lip Cream, and KVD Lock it Tattoo Foundation.

From the drugstore: Flower Beauty About Face Foundation (walmart only) and pretty much everything from rimmel London (especially the stay matte powders and the stay glossy lipgloss), loreal voluminous mascara carbon black, Maybelline the falsies mascara,

Also---Origins Youthtopia Foundation (discontinued)

emmaclaire

Ooh this is fun!  2012 was a big year in my Sephora spending, I discovered a lot of my current favorites in 2012!

1.  YSL Teint Eclat - definitely glad I splurged on this!  I was initially worried because I had used much fuller coverage foundations in the past, but I've finally moved to lighter coverage and using concealer wherever I need it.  I have pretty nice skin, I need to show it more!  I got so used to wearing heavy, almost mask-like foundation, it really became a comfort thing.  Teint Eclat helped me move away from that.

2.  OCC Concealer - BEST. CONCEALER. EVER.  Not from Sephora (hopefully soon!) but definitely one of my favorite purchases in cosmetics - it is just a joy to use and I don't have to justify the cost because it's only $20!  Danggggg.

3.  MUFE Aqua Liquid Liners - I wore gel/cream eyeliner for years and years and really loved it, but I randomly decided to try this liquid liner.  Now it's pretty much all I use!  It's such a great (and heavy duty) product, definitely couldn't imagine going without it.  I just bought my 5th tube during Chic Week because the color selection is so awesome, too.

babybear04

Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation: This is literally my prince charming, "been waiting for you forever" HG foundation! It's the only thing that covers all of my acne/scarring, doesn't make me oily, color matches perfectly, and most importantly it doesn't break me out! Will never try another foundation.

Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Charade: Not only do I love the shadow itself (long-lasting, crease-resistance, ect.) I love love love the color! Especially on my skin tone (I'm a very fair, red-headed gal), it looks great!

Tarte Cheekstain in Tickled: I'm a huge fan of these cheek stains, and had been putting off buying another one for a while (had it in blissful, but wanted to use up more of it before I bought another).  However, I caved and got it in tickled and am SO tickled I did! (haha, no pun intended).  Definitely my HG go-to blush.

starletta8

I found my HG skincare: Shiseido Benefiance!

I've already finished one entire Eye Contour cream:

I'm also more than halfway done with the day emusion:

I use this about 75% of the time:

And this the other 25% of the time:

I use these in rotation:

smgirvin

My list:

Clinique DD Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Moisture Surge

Soap and Glory 3 in 1 Detox cleanser

Clinique Acne foaming wash

Ole Henriksen Lemon Flash Peel

Laura Mercier Face Polish

Josie Maran Infinity Cream

Lancome Dual Finish Foundation

Stila Convertable Color

Tarte blush

Benefit Cosmetics Hula Bronzer

Benefit Cosmetics Bad Gal Lash

BM Moxie lip gloss

BM All Over Face Color in peach

Urban Decay eyeshadows

Love all these items and I will continue to purchase them especially the skin care. I love to try new makeup, but I always seem to come back to the skin care items I love!

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

Oh and my Clarisonic but I can't remember if I bought this the beginning of last year or the at end of 2011.

catherineu2

These are the products I am sooooo happy I discovered last year:

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - noticed a difference the first time I used it

PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel - non-drying & great for acne too

Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel - reduces pimple size overnight

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask - really removes the "gunk" in my pores & makes them appear smaller

Korres Pomegranate Toner - really mattifies and feels nice

Jack Black Lip Balm - the only lip balm I will ever buy again

Sephora Ultra Soothing Fibre Mask - really helped repair the damage done to my skin by Josie Maran Argan Oil

Josie Maran Bare Naked Nail Wipes - oil ruined my skin but is great for nails

Benefit They're Real! Mascara - didn't like at first but once I got used to the brush I now think it's great

Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in Corail Aquatique - a little pricey but it's the best stain I've ever used

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream - best BB cream I've tried, mattifying & has nice coverage

Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment - mattifies, keeps make-up in place & doesn't break me out

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I agree with the Clinique DD Moisturizer!

Bought this last year and it has become a staple while rotating at night with the Boscia Revitalizing Black Gel which is tingling and perfect for night time to clarify acne prone/oily skin.

kalex

Charlotte Ronson A Perfect Mess Beach Hair – Love! Not as strongly scented as some beach sprays and makes my hair wavier and less frizzy.

Dior Nude Tan Healthy Glow – Only bronzer I’ve tried yet that works with my super fair/pinky skin!

NARS Sex Appeal blush - Perfect pale peach that's hard for me to overdo (and helps me not look like death warmed over.)

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i was looking at buying NARS sex appeal. good to know that you like it so much!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • poemelyric
    • roxystar4