emmaclaire

Product hoarding!

So, I think most people who buy makeup like we do have some sort of very specific product that they just love.  And I've noticed that it goes beyond brands, it's just a weird compulsion a lot of us have to keep buying nearly identical products because we think it's the best thing ever.  For example, I freakin' love taupe eyeshadow.  Every time I go makeup shopping, I always look at the taupe pressed powder eyeshadows from every brand - despite having close to 30 taupe eyeshadows sitting at home in my organizer.  To a lesser degree, I also hoard purple eyeliner.  It's awesome!

What's your secret product that you keep buying over and over again (and will probably continue doing no matter how many times you find the "perfect" version)?

divagirl90

Re: Product hoarding!

I go through phases where I hoard different things. Sometimes I go through a colored eyeliner hoarding phase. Sometimes I go through a lip gloss hoarding phase. Right now, I am in a lipstick hoarding phase. I must have all the lippies!

sn22

(0) Hearts

I've been in a lipstick/ lip stain hoarding phase for months. It want till I read another post here on BT about a " total haul" that I realized Its becoming an issue lol

i actually got overwhelmed looking at the stash that I didn't even count it. 

wendyomgwar

Blush blush blush hands down blush. I don't know what it is that gets me! But I love it so <3

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Oh wendyomgwar, I can totally relate! I'm obsessed with blush too! It's just so fun! It's small too so I can always justify getting just one more. :smileywink: 

Best,
Randee
starletta8

*whispers* nail polish.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

lol yesss I remember your stash pictures - I almost passed out, it was glorious!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

HA! It's much larger now.

starletta8

I seriously need them all!  Especially all the Chanels... and the Tom Fords... and the Diors.. and the Butter Londons...

CuriousCannibal

[ Edited ]

Red lipstick.

Red was the first lipstick color that touched my lips, and it'll be the last too.

I have tons of red lipsticks in all kinds of finishes, but i just can't pass up another one, because....well, it's RED!

butterblume

(0) Hearts

And it might be the PERFECT RED amirite? And this red is different because it's..a little more orangey. And this one is a bit more pinky. And I have to have this one because look, sparkles!

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

exactly! I'm always on the hunt for new red lipsticks, but right now i'm getting into orangey reds :smileyhappy: *continues hunting* 

butterblume

Red lipstick. I can't stop buying it.

eadelaide1

[ Edited ]

All the things? :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileywink:

Haha, but really- Nail polish from Chanel, Dior, Deborah Lippmann and RBL, LE highlighters and bronzers from Chanel, Guerlain, Dior and occasionally MAC. Also Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks, pinky-coral lipsticks of all kinds, coral blushes, and eye shadow quads and quints from Chanel and Dior. I'm trying to be more selective with dupes going forward, but I always have to reign in my inner product h00r, haha! :smileywink:

kecher

(0) Hearts

I hoard eyeshadow pallets.. I don't know how to wear eyeshadow, but I keep buying it!

ladymeag

You should check out our eyeshadow palette parade - started by bombshell30 - it's for palette hoarders! :smileyhappy: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Take-the-Challenge-Palette-Parade-version-2-0/td-p/1172835

andyhtrieu

i have a ton of the infallible eye shadow singles from L'Oreal.... like the entire collection.... i also have a lot of golds and bronze eye shadows. i try to stop myself from buying similar shades by thinking "eh, it looks like something i have" but deep down i know that they are very different. 

My sister and my mom like to hoard Chanel products. my mom still has an unused eye shadow duo and a blush from last year. my sister only buys Chanel and nothing else. i tried to get her to try Dior but she was like "no it's not same!" 

nikki

I'm shocked that you don't hoard Nars Sheer Glow.

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

i wish i could

NurseCupcake

Thanks to you Andy I went and got some Nars Sheer Glow the other day! I've seen you recommend it several times so I broke down and got a sample. they were out of my color in the store so I'm gonna work with my sample for a few days and order it on chic week!

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I'm glad to hear that! 

NurseCupcake

(0) Hearts

Someone posted a thread asking which color they would be based on the Color IQ match which was my color and people responded so I took those suggestions and went to try them, I ended up being Mont Blanc. I need a tan!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 142 replies
  • 253 hearts
  • 73 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • nikki
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • anaa