Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Piercing and Tattoos are a big part of body decoration but I can't find a thread dedicated to discuss P&Ts So I thought to start one. (If there is already a thread and I missed it somehow, please let me know and I'll take down mine). 

This is a place to show off your Tattoos and Piercing, share your good and bad experiences. Seek help and suggestions if you are considering to get one or two or more.

IMG_5981.JPG

Images are found through Google search.

Re: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Thank you ladies, I googled Tattoo shops in my area and have narrowed down one with great reviews. Hopefully I'll get it done in next few weeks.

@fatimamummy i definitely agree with the reco for getting your nose pierced in a tattoo or piercing shop. they can custom fit a hoop for you if you want to go that route, and are far more experienced as far as placement goes!

I would also suggest going to a piercing or tattoo shop. Claire's only does ears and even then they use a gun, which really should be done with a needle. I've have 2 ear piercings and a nose pericing. Also, I heard that Claire's soaking solution isn't all that good. All you need is pure sea salt and warm water. Have you tried yelping a place nearby? That's what I did and it allowed to me read reviews too. 

I want to get my nostril re-pierced as well, @fatimamummy. I had mine in for only a few years but it never wanted to heal completely and closed up the instant I took it out. My trouble is that I want the same place pierced again and I think that it is not recommended to pierce through existing scar tissue, so I need to have a consultation with a professional first.

Good luck to you on getting yours done!

@Gwenhwyfar, I got mine repierced after it closed up while I was in the hospital. It was way more painful than the first time, but no issues otherwise, and actually healed better than the first time!

Oh no @Gwenhwyfar I want to get the exact same place pierced as well. My first one healed really fast so maybe it won't be a problem to get it done at same spot again?

Try a tattoo shop! 

@fatimamummy   I was always told it's better at a piercing and tattoo shop... that piercing guns aren't the best thing and it should be done with a needle. The guns can cause more damage to skin tissues than the needle. Mine has closed as well.  Maybe one day I'll get it redone.  I mean what's another piercing when I've had so many 😄 😄 😄

Hope you find a good place! Oh and not sure what they'll recommend for cleaning but my fav product has always been Bactine. 🙂

Totally agree with @veronika23! Reputable tattoo shops are usually a good bet. I got my rook done at one and they used very sterile tools and did an excellent job. I also find they're great when looking to buy new jewelry for your piercing! 

H2Ocean makes a great spray solution formulated for piercings. It is stellar. You are absolutely correct on the piercing guns being damaging. Places like Claire's oftentimes pierce directly with a spring loaded earring. They use the earring (which is dull) and the gun to jam it through your ear to create the puncture. A licensed piercer on the other hand uses an autoclave sterilized, sealed single use needle that is extremely sharp and hollow. It glides through skin more readily and creates clean edges that heal better and surrounding tissue is less traumatized=less healing time. By the way i loooooove this thread concept!! @fatimamummy

Cool thread! One day I hope to get a tat from KVD! Oh how I wish! Heart

A KVD tattoo is on my bucket list! 😛

Now that should be a point perk!

2 Hour Kat Von D Tattoo Session =D

@kateye7 would seriously be the best reward ever. What dreams are made of

5013E782-B2D6-443D-BFA9-272017CD0C3D.gif

OMG same!! 😄 That'd be AWESOME!!!!

1 Reply
testing