Photos of Your Stash

kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

roxystar4

Re: Photos of Your Stash

[ Edited ]

I didnt post all of this to brag or anything like that, I just wanted to share what I have been using/have (my stash) and the items I like, dont like and the ones that are good but not my faves. I like to see everything all organized and it was fun for me to write this all up (may be boring for you to read, im sorry). 

I was also nervous about posting because I didnt want people to think I am wasteful or ungrateful. Idk

kenny

It definitely doesn't seem like bragging, especially when it's being shared with a bunch of beauty junkies. I love looking at people's stashes,and seeing what they like. Plus it makes me not feel guilty about my own collection. It's not wasteful, I agree that makeup should be fun. And while it is not necessary, is more than one or two pairs of shoes always necessary? No but it's nice to have, plus I see makeup as a hobby I can invest in, like any other hobby!

LolaVal

[ Edited ]

@roxystar4 - I love your stash!  Everything is so clean and organized.  I don't think that you are wasteful at all - it looks like you do your research and then get samples to try things out and buy what you do like.  To me, that's not wasteful.  Besides, makeup is supposed to be fun and are little things that make all of us happy.  Do what you like and buy whatever you want!  No judgment here!  I love looking at people's stash because I feel like I'm living vicariously through you guys.

Btw - that picture of you and your husband (at least I think that's you and your husband) from your wedding in the background looks beautiful!!!

roxystar4

@LolaVal  thank you for such a  nice message!  That is a picture of my husband and I on our wedding day.  I keep it right next to my acrylic case. 

starletta8

Love looking at the pics and reading your description!

Don't worry, I'm the wasteful one. You can say that you use everything!

roxystar4

starletta8 but you will eventually use/try everything! I do have items in que too (will use in the near future).  

I think the reason I feel the way I do is because I used to be a minimalist. I actually wanted to be a nun (like a religious sister) for a few years back in college and literally thought that having extra things/stuff was bad.  I have broken out of that thought process but I think sometimes I feel guilty having stuff. Weird I know... 

starletta8

It makes sense!

See, you look at things from a minimalist perspective.  I have some pieces in my collection that are way past their expiration dates but they hold specific sentimental sway. (Not that I'm a hoarder, but, for instance, I have my first lip pencil stashed away, the old blue eyeshadow I used for colorguard and dance performances in middle school/high school, etc).

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I think it is really nice that you keep those items for sentimental reasons!  

ps. I am so happy you like the Aqualillies palette! 

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

This is actually a really good thing for me to do (post pics of my stash) so that I can see that I dont need anything else for a while.

I have written out most of what is in my stash and use a * to indicate my faves!  I will strike through the ones that I don't really like.

Warning- I like to create little labels for all of my samples. I like things nice & organized and I like to know what the items are.

Lipsticks:

IMG_1448.jpg

Smashbox Pout, Rimmel Pink Chic, LORAC baby doll, LORAC berry, NYC sheer red, YSL caress pink

IMG_1449.jpg

*Bite Beauty Lip Library, LORAC trendsetter, Tarte LipSurgence lip luster in pouty, Bonne Bell Lip lites Strawberry Parfait, Love & toast Bad Habit

IMG_1451.jpg

Bite Lip Library

IMG_1452.jpg

Left side facial powders: The pink one in back is 100% Pure: Pink Champagne Luminescent face powder. MUFE Pro Finish 117, Jane Iredale sample, Bare Minerals Pressed sample, Loreal True Match W2, Wet & Wild Reserve your cabana.

Concealers- Right side: Back left side- zuzu luxe concealer, *bye bye under eye concealer from It Cosmetics, Jane Iredale foil packet sample.  Front left side- * Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller ball in sheer tint, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Jane Iredale Active Light Under eye concealer, Hard Candy concealer pencil, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting concealer in radiant, Benefit Erase Paste Sample 1, Benefit Erase Paste Sample 2, Bare Minerals Sample Bisque, Kat Von D Concealer in 22, *MUFE concealer sample in #5.

IMG_1453.jpg

Palettes: Back Left- Tarte Aqualillies Palette, UD Ammo Palette, UD Mariposa Palette, W&W Color Icon 8 pan palette in Petal Pusher, NYX 78 color palette, *LORAC Pro palette, *W&W Color Icon 8 pan palette in comfort zone.

IMG_1454.JPG

Eye Products (left side, from left to right)- Tarte brush, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in 005 Nude, Wet & Wild in white, *Sephora Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in brown,  NYX Slide On Eyeliner in Tropical Green, Maybelline define- a brow, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio Nude Eyes in Silver, Sephora Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in Navy, Mineral Fusion eye liner pencil in brown, *LORAC Front of the Line PRO, unopened 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara.

Eyeshadows: a few body shop eye shadows, the purple one in the back is benefit creaseless which is depotted, a few mineral powders (alima pure in buttercup, BM in Hope), *zuzu luxe shadows in skylar and vixen, *Mineral fusion trio Espresso Gold, 100% Pure Satin Cream eyeshadow in Tahiti, Jane Iredale Lid Primer in Lemon, Loreal Infallible eyeshadow that is dark gray/blue primped & precious, UD Primer, LORAC primer, Too Faced Primer.

IMG_1456.jpg

Left side (back left)- LORAC blush Desire, *Sephora Microsmooth Duo in Mangobeam, Alima Pure Sample in Freja, Maia Mineral Galaxy mineral blush in misty rose (very light pink with shimmer), UD after glow in quickie, *LORAC Blush in Soul, SE Pure Hearts Clean Hands Mineral Blush in papaya (warm peach), ELF Studio Blush in Peachy Keen, Jane Iredale Pressed Blush in Cinnamon, MUFE HD Blush sample in #5, *Tarte cheek stain sample in Loving, ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral, NARS Illuminator cream in Orgasm, 100% Pure cheek tint in Cranberry, 100% Pure cheek tint in Peach, Benefit Posie Tint, Benefit Cha Cha Tint, w&W blush in pearlescent Pink.

Bronzers (right side. start in the back) Eco Glo mineral bronzer in light, NYC Sunny, NARS Laguna, Alima Pure sample bronzer, *Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil.

IMG_1458.JPG

Highlighters in left quadrant. Philosophy Divine Illumination in honey gold, ELF highlighter lilac petal, Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter, BM eyeshadow/( i use as a highlighter) in Grace, *Benefit Watts Up, Benefit Sun Beam.

Setting Powders/Sprays in the middle- Jane Iredale (in the navy bottle) Balance Antioxidant Hydration Spray, Sephora Blotting paper/films, UD Deslick Spray, Eco Glo mini setting powder sample, *ELF HD Setting Powder, *Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder.

Fake Lashes & Glue (right side)- Sephora Lashes, Ardell individual lashes in short, Duo glue in the green packaging, Demi wispies on the bottom. 

IMG_1460.jpg

Nail Colors- Sephora OPI And a Cherry on Top, And a Cherry on Top, Sephora OPI Merry me, SpaRitual Stiletto, Sephora OPI Ruby Without a Cause, Sephora OPI Henna-Thing is Possible, Sephora OPI Keys to my Hybrid, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Back to the Fushia, Sephora OPI Casanova Is So Into Me, Sephora OPI ChestNuts About You, Zoya Gie Gie, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Arm Candy,  Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreame wear Strobe Light, Spa Rital Multitasker base coat & Topcoat in one, Nails INC Caviar TopCoat.

IMG_1461.jpg

Sephora OPI Im So Sari!, Sephora OPI Skinny Jeans, Sephora OPI Ocean Love Potion, Sephora OPI Fancy Schmancy, Sephora OPI I dont Bite, Orly Rock the World, Sephora OPI Violets Just Get Married, SpaRitual Disco Inferno, Sephora OPI Arose Beyond Shimmer, Sephora OPI Metro Too Chic, Sephora OPI Queen of Everything, Sephora OPI Looks Like Rain Dear, Sephora OPI I Only Shop Vintage.

(TWELVE of the polishes in the above two pictures are new since the big sale!)

Now into my 5 drawer Sterilite Drawers in the Bathroom... 

Note- there is no tool bar anymore so I cant strike thru the items I dont like. Ill just make a note in paranthesis.

IMG_1462.jpg

Extractor :smileysad: , Mascara wand  (LOL they are touching eachother - I ALWAYS use alcohol on my extractor before & after though so Im not grossed out). Tweezers, Hair cutting scissors, Eyebrow scissors, Eyelash Curler, Cover FX Eye Primer, Tarte Creaseless Concealer, Benefit Lemon Aid, LORAC Eye Shadow Primer Sample, ELF Under Eye setting powder, misc cotton, wands, etc. IMG_1483.jpg

Primers!  Everything is readable (except the red circular mini which is Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting). I have lots of Sample foils of primers too. Ive been really liking the Hourglass Veil.

IMG_1482.jpg

All is readable here. My faves are Girl Meets Pearl, FAB Duel Repair, A Perfect World, Plantscription Eye Treatment (I have a full-size of this as well)

IMG_1480.jpg

Lots of Foundation Samples!!! Alima Pure Samples in the Back (with the little bird on them), In the Tarte compact is repotted Jane Iredale Pure PRessed Powder in Amber, Hourglass Samples - shell, Porcelain, Ivory, Benefit Hello Flawless (use for contouring), MAC Samples Mineralize Moisture FOundation NC20, NW20, Este Lauder DW samples- Ecru, Desert Beige, Sand. Laura Mercier TM Nude and Silk Ivory in Beige Ivory. UD Naked 2.0 (not a fan but the color is perfect match), NARS sheer matte in Fiji and Deauville, NARS sheer Glow in Fiji, Kat Von D Lock it L46, Tarte Amazonian Clay Light.

IMG_1467.jpg

*ELF Eyebrow Kit, Stila Waterproof Mascara, *NYX brow wax stick, *Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara waterproof, LORAC 3D Multiplex (dislike), Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio Nude Eyes in this bronze/brown color.

The pic below is a drawer next to my sink. it is filled with skin care samples:

IMG_1479.JPG

Big Fan of the Proactiv Refining Mask.

IMG_1502.jpg

Brushes & Blending Sponge.  Real techniques, Sephora, ECO Tools, ELF and Sonia K.

IMG_1530.JPG

100% Pure TM (too dark), 100% Pure Primer, Tarte Smooth Operator, Revlon Nearly Naked 120 Vanilla, MAC Moisture Mineralize NC20. 

The items below are in my gift box (to give to other people or swap with friends)- The Bite Library & Tarte set are for specific people in mind for bday gifts.

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

Fragrance- Pacifica Roller Ball Gardenia, *LaVanilla Vanilla PassionFruit, LaVanilla Vanilla Rollerball, Marc Jacob Dot Sample, DKNY Be Del, Hanae Mori, Pacifica Sandalwood Solid Perfume, Sample of perfume cream- not sure what the name is, Lavanilla sample, D&G The One Sample.

mpolansky

I can tell you weren't a fan of your recent ipsy box :smileywink: 3 of the items are in your "gift box"!

Also, super jealous of your acrylic organizer. That thing looks amazing.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@mpolansky  LOL, yeah I get scared of new lip products (lip liner from glam bag). Not a fan of the club sparkle eye cream shadows.

I may snag the purple eyeliner and NYX blush for myself though... I have a friend in mind who is just getting into makeup and I think she may like the purple liner. We will see :smileyhappy:

I love my organizer! Sometimes I just go over there and organize things just to look at it and open the drawers. 

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Can't say I'm a fan of them either! I'm a little jealous you got the purple eyeliner... hopefully it has a better color payoff than my gray one I got. At least they're mostly full sized products so I can't complain. 

Anyway, beautiful makeup collection and storage :smileyhappy:

Meg82

That is a) super well organized, b) super well photographed, and c) really impressive!

I'm still building my collection, I aspire to this level of awesomeness.

roxystar4

thank you Meg82!  I had fun taking the pictures and typing it up.  My husband bought me an acrylic organizer for our anniversary and it def helps with organizing.

photo-98.jpg

I still keep one of my 5 drawer plastic sterilite drawers (most of what is in there are primers, foundation samples, skin care samples, and my go to mascaras/brow products). 

runy

(0) Hearts

Can you share where to get these acrylic storage drawers from?  I need them so badly!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@runy  My husband bought this new on ebay. the company/seller is called B2Bitems. 

Here is an older thread where people have posted about storage (i have included pics on that thread too).

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/How-do-you-store-organize-your-makeup-stash/m-p/5...

I know a lot of BTers are into the Muji drawers- they are quite a bit less $$. which is really nice.

I love the drawers I have though, they are really thick acrylic and I like the little "knob" that I can use to pull (vs a hole that the Muji drawers have).

Edit 12/19/13 - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM b2bitems on ebay. They are terrible. Have terrible customer service and were dishonest (the case cracked within 4 months - please see this thread for more details: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/I-m-SO-upset-right-now-b2bitems-on-ebay-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THE...

violalea

i wish i could give you 10+ hearts :smileywink:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

awe thanks violalea!  It was fun to put the pictures together and really think about what I have/like.

violalea

they look awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

roxystar4

Misc Nail stuff, Sample Land & Back Ups:

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

None of the items below are opened- they are either samples or items that I am waiting to use (I want to use up other items or samples I have before using them).

IMG_1509.JPG

Looking forward to trying the Algenist Restor Cream & I know I love the Origins Plantscription Eye Treatment Im just waiting to finish up my sample before using/opening my full-size. Same goes with the Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer.

IMG_1516.jpg

Holy Moley A terrible picture- sorry!  I am looking forward to trying the Lily & Billionaire Boyfriend. 

IMG_1515.jpg

I LOVE Badger Lip Balm! I just scraped out the last bit of it from my creamy cocoa so I will prob open up the lime one soon!

IMG_1513.jpg

I love mini mascaras!

IMG_1514.jpg

Primers, Setting Powders, Mini Nail Set, Makeup Removers.  The Revive Sponges are AWESOME.  They are super sturdy, swell up when wet like the BB and are only $4.99 at TJMaxx, so I stocked up.

IMG_1512 2.jpg

For some reason I cant find my other Tarte Bronzer... but since I have the Aqualillies that has the Park Ave Princess, Im not going to worry about it. The two LORAC shadows in the boxes are neutral pale shades. Ester Lauder DW for when I finish up a foundation.

I also have a few single shadows, lip balms and minis in my purse. Not shown in these pictures.

annonymous1

How are you liking the girl meets pearl? 

the 500 pt perk just opened up with a full sized one :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy