kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

kimmi1115

Re: Photos of Your Stash

It would be an amazing salon!  Clients would have to take a while just to select what polishes they want lol.  The last time I was in a nail salon (Prom 2010 lol), they didn't have as many polish choices that one would expect.  Just one standard rack on the wall.  The nail art polishes were kept at the desk.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

This is so true! The spa I've been going to recently to get mani/pedis (hello, gift certificate :smileyvery-happy: ) has a HUGE selection of every red and pink you could want in the entire world, but barely anything else. I never thought about bringing my own polish, great idea!

arielaaaaaaaa

I have noticed when i get my nails done i don't see many choices! Especially in orange! It's my favorite color and everywhere i go its a standard bright orange. So i have got in the habit of taking my own. 

onomotopoeia9

Me too - my past few manicures have left me pretty disappointed- the polish choices were so limited and they never came out the way I thought -- I started bringing my own, IF I get them done at all.

LolaVal

[ Edited ]

I completely agree regarding the lack of choices!  This is why I also bring my own polishes when I get my nails done.

Spyski

Did a major cleaning out the good ole makeup bin last night. I hate throwing away things, but it had to be done. Some stuff even went back 5 years ago...YUCK! So after a garbage can full of products, I was left with products I use and like the most. I feel so much better now that its scaled down and fits in one container! However, there is room for more hehe :smileywink:IMG_1909.JPG

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

All the nail talk may or may not have persuaded me to get a bottle of Dior when fall comes around. Now I just need to figure out if I want a beige/nude color or the soft orange/peach (I have too much cool colors and don't like dark).

Hmm, I'd rather get normal polish than gel. I'm assuming Dior have decent lasting power.

starletta8

None of the polishes I've mentioned are actually gel- they're regular polishes, just top/base coats that are a bit harder than average and mimic the look of gel.  Like the Dior Gel Coat.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Once I get my AC fixed (and can turn the lights back on!), I might just have to photograph even more of my stash for other products. It certainly makes my no-buy easier.

beautylovingirl

@Starletta8- Your collection of Chanel polishes are making me drool. I love Chanel's polishes they are just amazing.....

starletta8

Thanks- those are my most prized beauty items! They're my ultimate treat- when something amazing happens that is reward-worthy, I usually buy Chanel polish. (Although I have almost all of the permanent collection now!!)

starletta8

My nail polish collection- the true heart of all of my beauty products.

nail_collection.jpg

melissabt

I love your nail polish collection! Makes me want to organize mine. I have it all in one box:smileysad: Makes it so hard to find the shades I'm looking for.

<3 Melissa
starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

I'm going to have to find a different way than the two containers- it helps that I use painted swatch sticks to narrow down what the color(s) are that I want- but it still takes awhile.

AlwaysGlamorous

Slow clap for Starletta! This collection is amazing! 

starletta8

Thanks, AlwaysGlamorous!  My friends like to come to "Salon Starletta" when they're bored with their own stashes.  That's 10 years in the making.

AlwaysGlamorous

Well I can see why they would! Hope they know how lucky they are to have a friend like you with a collection like that! 

starletta8

It's all good- what's the point of having something like this if I can't share it with those I care about? 

I just try to remind myself that this is a long-term collection (I didn't photograph my thinners, etc) and try not to add up the retail value. (I think I have a new AC sitting there. Ugh!)

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I retract that last sentence there.  Not a new AC.

But probably a mortgage payment. Or a few car payments.

At least my nails will look fabulous!

starletta8

[ Edited ]

Here's some close-ups (sorry I watermarked these up so much, but these are the type of images that would be super attractive for not-so-honest purposes.)

chanel_polish.jpgdior_polishes.jpgessie_polish.jpgJulep_polishes.jpglippmann.jpgnars_polish.jpgopi_polish.jpgzoya_polishes.jpg

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Amazing!!!  I'm so impressed!!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1