kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

ChicDabbler

Re: Photos of Your Stash

@Starletta. Now you've got me craving nail polishes......And I'm unofficially on no-buy that you started...ha......

Which polishes are the most opaque and long lasting ones? I prefer 1 coat, at most 2, but they always start to fade/flake around the edges after a couple of days (shower, washing dishes etc).

starletta8

I have horrible luck with polish- it's one of the reasons why I change it so often.

The best combo I've used is Deborah Lippmann polishes (2 coats) with the Gel Lab kit. I can get a full week out of that combo. Otherwise, I tend to chip my nails within a day or two.

Zoya Pixie Dusts are also relatively long-wearing on me- but they're a special finish.

In terms of opacity (and not wear-time), Dior. No question.

bittersweet86

Awesome collection.

I have a question if I wanted to try a high end nail polish which brand would you suggest to try first?

starletta8

(0) Hearts

@bittersweet86- It depends on just how high-end you want to go! :smileyvery-happy:

If budget is no limit, go for Chanel and one of the unique colors that they do best- the shimmer is incredible.  Dior is a very, very close second.

If you're looking to stay under $20, I'm a big fan of Illamasqua and Deborah Lippmann's formulas.  In fact, I only use DL basecoats.

dianabt

@starletta8... oh WOW how many bottles do you have? I know I have over 100 myself but the variety of colors you have is incredible...!!!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

Thanks, Diana!

It was well over 300 last time I actually counted.  Some of them (the OPI/Essie in particular) are legitimately 10 years old and still going strong since I've been careful how they're stored. 

The good news is that now I've hit the point of "it'd better be very unique to get my attention."  My most recent purchases? Finding the mint speckled Illamasqua and the YSL Tie & Dye Topcoats. 

runy

Starletta I'm drooling over here!

Can you share how you store them/make them last so long?

starletta8

Until the three days without AC this week, my polishes have always been stored in a non-humid environment, between 65-73 degrees, and out of sunlight. I happen to gravitate towards stashing them under my bed. :smileytongue:

*Big sigh* My best-behaved older polishes are before everyone went Big 3/4/5-Free. Those chemicals are great for preservation! :smileyvery-happy:

Certain brands do better than others- I can't keep most drug store polishes long-term, and Seche Vite/Seche Base are notorious for having short shelf life for me.

Hope that helps a bit!

sephoramusthave

*snags starlettas pink chanel polishes*

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I have a problem with Chanel + pink.

They do it so well.

(Currently avoiding eye contact with the brand new collection.)

AlwaysGlamorous

LOL we could probably start a thread about Starletta's collection. "If you could pick two of Starletta's nail polishes to permanently borrow......"

starletta8

[ Edited ]

I'm still working on my Pintarest boards- I have the majority of my collection pinned there by brand.  Same user name as here, if people are wondering what exact shades are.

I have 20-some more polishes to pin; some of the older MAC ones aren't swatched online anywhere.  I also have info on what collection they originally were introduced with, when available.

It's my mobile organization method- If I think I have a similar color, I can quickly search.  Eventually I want to create color-specific boards to mimic my swatch sticks.

starletta8

blue.jpg

I've posted this before; it's out of date but that's what I mean when I mention swatch sticks.  That's how I figure out exactly what bottle(s) I need.

violalea

(0) Hearts

wow its so cool :smileyhappy:

btmod1

Bittersweet86, I LOVE your makeup filled desk for organizing! I will be moving soon & am excited to get more organized in the process. I myself could probaby fill that entire desk as well. Thanks for the great idea! :smileyhappy: -Laura

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! I used modge podge, scrapbook paper and some paint to decorate the drawers ^_^ but the ikea desk is wonderful for makeup.

bittersweet86

I reorganized my stash about 2 months ago after I got a new desk from Ikea but I'm still changing it every once in a while. So yeah this is mine. I know I have too much hahaIMAG0360_1.jpgIMAG0369.jpgIMAG0379.jpgIMAG0373.jpgIMAG0375.jpg

violalea

(0) Hearts

Yeah you do :smileywink: but I know its still not enough huh :smileywink:

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

LOL yeah i know they just keep coming out with more stuff I want. Stupid makeup companies having to make new stuff haha

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Just a teaser... these hold all but 5 of my polishes but they're at capacity.  Note the weight since these are sitting on a comforter.  I'll haul them out later.

polish.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I should haul out all of my nail polish- that'd be a shock and awe stash photo. :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724