kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

sephoramusthave

Re: Photos of Your Stash

I will! I love my reds actually :smileyvery-happy: I've always thought that I looked good in red so I dont know why it took me this long to fully appreciate a red lip! These are the reds that I have so far (I'll post pix when I can!):

1. Dior Addict Lipstick in New Look (my number 1!)

2. NARS Lipstick in Manhunt

3. NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red

4. TheBalm Balmshelter Lipgloss in Pin up Girl

5. TheBalm Read my Lips Lipstick in Wanted

6. Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Little Red Dress

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave NARS has some very pretty reds!  I like red lipstick, but I'm still a bit skittish about trying new ones lol.  

As for nail staining, it is hard to tell when it could occur.  If you change dark polishes a lot, I think that could lead to staining.  Do you use a base coat?  There's one at Sally's that is supposed to prevent yellowing and staining, but I think it can cause polish to peel.  I read one that one person said it does that.  However, surely there is a brand that prevents it without peeling.

If you notice early sign of staining, you can correct it by cleaning your nails with a whitening paste and brush.  I've heard you can use whitening toothpaste, but I've not tried it.  The staining is temporary.  I've had stains before, and now my nails are clean as a whistle.  

sephoramusthave

Kimmi----Thanks for the info on staining! I've been wearing navy blue nails lately (LOVE btw) so I hope that it doesnt stain my nails.

Hey I just noticed that you dont have your UD Ammo palette in your stash this time. Did you use it up? I still have mine (I'm on my second one) and there's several empty pans in there now hehe. I've finally started using my BOS palette...its so awesome I cant believe I've waited this long to use it. I tried the Baked shade and its such a gorgeous, pigmented shimmery gold. Amazing.

I'm still thinking about making a build your own palette, but I'm now torn btw MAC, UD or MUFE. All 3 brands have great quality powder shadows, and have really nice build your own palettes.

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  My Ammo palette wasn't get as much use as it used to.  My Naked palette has pretty much taken over lol.  I hated the idea of it just collecting dust on my desk, so I cleaned/disinfected it, and I passed it over to my future mother-in-law.  She's never tried UD, and she's very loyal to Estee Lauder.  I think most of her products are Estee Lauder.  She tried the ammo palette, and she texted me after the first time she used it.  She's in love with UD now! She said the new shades made her feel like a new woman lol.  I'll have to see what ideas she came up with for the shades since she's a licensed cosmetologist.  There were some colors in that palette I had no clue what to do with lol.

I've not tried MUFE, and I've only tried a few MAC products.  It does sound like a dilemma, though!  From the pictures, it looks like MUFE and MAC have more options as to what size palette you'd like to create. 

sephoramusthave

Kimmi----I love my Ammo palette and I use every color except the black one. I would use it as a daily liner if it didnt have glitter in it >_< But I will probably eventually use up the black as well in smokey eye looks because I only have 2 black shadows, and they are all in palettes.

sephoramusthave

kimmi----I'm really drawn to the slim and sturdy compacts of MUFE and MAC. I dont need the 15 pan palette, I'm not a makeup artist so that would just be too much for me (and too much moolah!). 6-10 slots are good enough for me. I read that in the MUFE palette....that the insert is basically a SPONGE that holds all the shadows in place, that its really hard to get those shadows in and out of there and that there's no magnet or secure closure holding the very expensive shadows in place (20 bucks a pop). The MUFE palette has 10 slots so thats 200 bucks of shadow in there (without tax) that the palette needs to protect. I have one single MUFE shadow that I LOVE but I dont know how I would get this shadow out, its not like UD where you just pop them out at the bottom and insert the product in the palette with the name still on the bottom. I just have to see all the palettes in person before I buy anything.

dianabt

@Kimmi your nail polish collection is super impressive! I should attempt to organize and re-do my collection but.. I have a feeling it may be an all day event, or at least a few hours. I made the resolution to toss out all my old polishes earlier this year but BAM ended up with at least 20 more bottles and nail stickers!

I can't post all my makeup as it will look like I have a serious and severe problem. I actually went through 3 boxes of gratis and freebies I had collected to send my sister for her bday and christmas coming up so she's getting a good free haul LOL.

Let's just say I have over 30 lipsticks opened, 8 mascara tubes, 5 foundations and 6 concealers I can think of off the top of my head. All that I rotate every day. =p I can't stop myself! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@dianabt  Thanks!  I think I have enough to start my own mini salon lol.  It's hard to beat freebies!  

@sephoramusthave  I never knew what to do with Oil Slick, the white shade, and the darker plum shade lol.  I mainly used Mildew, Shattered, and Sin the most.  

I wonder if there are any YouTube videos of people testing the durability of the different palettes?  I don't blame you for worrying about the protection of the shadows.  That's a lot of money to watch fall to the floor and possibly break.  

janinebt

@sephoramusthave I know what you mean! I have a number of different 'build your own palettes' since I can never decide haha. I'm really happy with every one that I've tried though, and it's most certainly one of those things that you can never have too many of.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sephoramusthave

janine----Which build your own palettes do you have? *jealous* Eventually, I do want 3 custom made palettes: neutrals, smokeys and brights. That way, I will have everything I need and wont be tempted by anymore shadows and palettes!

sephoramusthave

Kimmi---Do the darker polishes stain your nails? I'm not a polish person and only own pinks and have never had any issues with staining but I have heard people complain about that. Is that temporary....just with certain brands etc? I'm loving navy colors right now and am looking at shadows and nailpolishes to buy, but wont if they stain your nails.

katie1724

@sephoramusthave: I need those drawers in my life! I have a tiny, 3-drawer thing that I keep (some of) my blush in, but that's it. I just need a big one to organize everything. My train case is overflowing; it doesn't close. :smileytongue:

sephoramusthave

Yay! I was able to post my makeup stash! Okay everything except the bigger palettes fit into the Betseyville makeup set that I have. There might be a few lipsticks in my purse, drawers etc but this is pretty much all my makeup!

This is fun:smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

@marinaanne147  I like how you found a way to use the packaging your Anniversary palette came in! 

Now, I spy with my makeup detecting eye:

a Tarte palette in the corner (I think)

Urban Decay Primer Potion in a Tube

And do I see Benefit's Posietint?  Or one of their other ones?

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

Sorry, I didn't reply sooner kimmi115. But, you were totally right! Tarte's Eye Couture Palette, Benefit's Posietint, and UDPP in a tube are all in my stash! Thanks! That velvet box was just too pretty to throw away!

tenngal, I LOVE your stash! Where is the magnifying mirror from? I've been looking for one of those!

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@marinaanne:  I got the magnifying mirror at Ulta.  They have a lot to choose from.  I've had mine for a few years, so they've probably got a lot of new and improved models out now.
:smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

tenngal: Good to know. I'm not sure if I have an Ulta near me, but I'll definitely check! Thanks for a fast reply!

laurenknows

I love the organizer! Such a great idea!

officegal

You guys are so organized! My stuff are all over the place now. On my vanity, in the bathroom, stuffed in three different desk drawers and mostly crowded into a giant train case. I meant to reorganize this summer but haven't gotten around to it.

@katie -  Ahhhhhhh, I've long wanted to see your infamous NARS blush collection! *can die happy now*

makeuppiggy

I have an other pic of my stash This is only like half the other half i have scattred everywhere:smileyvery-happy:

Photo 22.jpg

kimmi1115

@makeuppiggy  In your collection, I spy with my lil eye, the Toki Doki brushes! lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724