kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

sephoramusthave

Re: Photos of Your Stash

box.jpg

sephoramusthave

d8.jpgd7.jpgd6.jpgd5.jpgd4.jpgd3.jpgd2.jpgd1.jpg

denden798

(0) Hearts

Do you love your bite lipsticks as much as I do?

wingatprsct

I see you posted your add-on drawers to your makeup organizer.  I love the way you have everything organized in each drawer!   I saw a lot of my favs, too!  This post makes me not feel so guilty about my makeup collection!  I'll get paid Thursday and can't wait to pick some up. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, what is a project 10 pan?

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

wingatprsct----Project 10 pan is when you commit yourself to using up at least 10 beauty products before you go out and buy some more. There are exceptions, such as if you get something as a gift or if you *completely* run out of something you are allowed to go out and buy *one* of whatever item (s) you ran out of. It can be makeup, skincare or bodycare-----whatever you have a lot of. I'm doing this right now in the project 10 pan thread.....care to join me? You can either set aside 10 items and use just those everyday until you finish them up or hit pan (use so much of the product that you can see the bottom of the pan) or you can do what I am doing right now which is just making a list of products as you use them up. Oh and samples/deluxe samples dont count.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/PROJECT-10-PAN/td-p/213121

Oh and thank you so much!! I really love it too because it doesnt take up much space, its so slim and compact and it can always be updated! If I want to seperate my powder shadows from the cream ones for example all I have to do is pop in another drawer and I'm all set! The first time I saw it I didnt think that it would hold all my makeup but it holds everything except for my bigger palettes. I also have a few lipsticks and lipbalms in my purse/nightstand but other than that, this is everything I own!

sephoramusthave

Dude...I'm really impressed with the ALEX organizer from IKEA. Check out this link. It looks like wood, so its stronger than you know...plastic. Take a looksy.

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2010/01/nail-polish-makeup-stash

kimmi1115

That is nail polish heaven!!  I don't feel bad about my stash size anymore lol.  I've heard about the Alex oranizer, but I don't think there is an IKEA anywhere in East TN.  The only place I could possibly think of that may have one would be Knoxville.  It does look sturdy, and I have worried about my plastic drawers.  The one that currently holds my big bottles looks to have a slight dip in the middle from the weight.

My dad is really good at woodworking, so I wonder if he could built an Alex organizer.  Although he wouldn't do it for my nail polishes lol.  He'd think I was nuts lol.  The space in my room is limited, so I need to do some rearranging for my figurines.  I'm out of room for my books and textbooks on a couple of my shelves as it is lol.  

sephoramusthave

Oh my gosh. I wish I had this persons makeup collection/organization system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i43F1eOFow

sephoramusthave

Kimmi, I think you might like this persons nail polish collection

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2009/09/my-stash

elizbeth1972

@kimmi11115 - I know you posted your original post with the pics ages ago, but are you still using your QVC Table Top Spinning Organizer?  I was thinking of purchasing it but I had heard that not all the brands (lipsticks etc) fit in the allocated slots?  Does anyone else own it and happy with it? Thanks guys. :-) 

kimmi1115

@elizbeth1972  I'm not using it at the moment since I'm using my old desk as a vanity.  Depending on how much makeup is added, I will probably bring it back out to use.  Certain lipsticks and lip glosses didn't fit in the slots that look like they're for that type of product, but you can figure out ways to use them.  I played around with it until I had it set up the way I liked it.  Right now, I'm using a Caboodle makeup tray that I found at Kmart, and I really like it. 

@sephoramusthave  Yay!!  I replied to your haul in the haul thread.

sephoramusthave

Kimmi----I got Benefit Boxed Powder in Dandelion today!! I got it as a 500 point perk, full sized dandelion, mini mascara and mini face primer (see haul thread)

score!

melissabt

Hi Ladies,

What a great post! Its neat to see what everyone's different stashes look like.:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
kimmi1115

Surely there's a way for the Zuca company to make another line of bags at a cheaper cost, yet still good quality.  The Sephora bag does look very nice and isn't bad to look at.  But I can do some serious shopping at the mall with that money.  I'd hit up Sephora, Aeropostle, Hollister, Vera Bradley, VS, and even buy lunch lol. 

sephoramusthave

Kimmi---I agree. And I dont like the logo thing...because I'm not a traveling makeup artist, or a broadway, theatre, music star or actress....or etc so if I get a Zuca bag, its just gonna be a Zuca Bag so that I can use it for travel.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@sephoramusthave  The logo ones probably cost a bit more than the standard one, too.  It looks like it would be a fairly big bag.  They could make smaller ones for people who don't take really long trips.  An expanded line with different prices could bring them more business.

sephoramusthave

kimmi---The Zuga bag isnt that big actually. Its small enough to fit into the overhead compartment in airplanes. Its one of those "looks short and small but its so deep and spacious that it fits a ton of stuff" things.

katie723

This is a fun thread! :smileyhappy: I'd like to share some organization tips with all you lovely beauty junkies out there :smileyhappy:

Here is what my "vanity" area looks like:

vanity

I purchase this white, interlocking cube organizer at Costco for about $25. I love it because you can have large cubes AND smaller rectangle ones too =)

On top, I've got my Princess Ballerina piggy bank from Target. Below that, I've got my Betseyville makeup bag with my everyday make up products. Below that, I have my perfumes and lotions (and my watch). The first large cube holds my cosmetic organizer tray from Bed Bath & Beyond with lip/nail/everyday/random products. Below that, I have all my hair products. The last tier is a small organizer from Target, where I keep the rest of my make up!

On my drawer set, I have a mirror, two makeup brush holders, jewelery tree and a lamp.

Here is a closer look at my organizer tray from Bed Bath & Beyond and my hair products. 

makeuptray and hair

Here is my makeup organizer, where I store all of my makeup (that isn't in the tray).
I didn't like how it was just blue because that didn't match my room very much. So, I took pretty pink wrapping paper (from Costco) and decorated the top and front of the organizer! :smileyhappy:

organizer

Inside my makeup organizer:

face

Here is where I keep my powder foundations / concealers / blushes / bronzers / samples.

eyes

Here are some random eye products.

Eye shadow singles / primers / bases / eye liners / mascaras / one stila trio / tools

palettes

Here are some palettes, trios, and quads.

brush holders

Here are the makeup brush holders that I made.

I bought these square vases from Ikea, placed pretty Martha Stewart stickers from Michael's on the front and added small beads from Michael's. Super easy and super cute! :smileyhappy: They make great birthday/christmas/graduation gifts, too!

This was a really fun post and I hope I was able to help anyone looking for some organizing tools! I love looking at everyone else's organization to get some more ideas!

Take care :smileyhappy:

violalea

very cool !!!!!!!

prettyinpa

@katie723-  That is an awesome organization you got going on there!  I love your brush holders, mine is a vase that I got at a craft show. I thought it was a tall drinking cup but after I purchased it the artist told me that it was a vase. The top is too wide for flowers, they all fall over, so I made it a brush holder.

Thanks for posting the photos, I love to see other people's makeup collections~

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@prettyinpa  I like your vase idea as well.  It's amazing how something like that can be used for something completely different.  Such a simple, yet brilliant, idea!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724