kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

tenngal

Re: Photos of Your Stash

@katie723:  You really have things organized!  I love the brush holders you made...they are sooooo cute!!!  I had never thought about giving brush holders as gifts until you mentioned it, but I think that's a great idea.  It would be easy to customize the brush holder with decals that are "personalized" for the friend you're giving the gift to (for instance, if the person likes cats then you could put cat decals on it).  Thanks for the idea and a big thumbs up on how organized you are!

tenngal :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

@katie723  I love your organization and creativity!  Your brush holders are too cute.  If you hadn't said that you made them, I would have thought you bought them like that lol.  

katie723

aww, thank you! :smileywink:

tenngal

You can't really see my makeup in the photo except for what's peeking through the clear organizer drawers, but there is no way I'm taking all that makeup out to take a picture and then having to put it back up...that's too much work, ha ha!  Anyway, I think you can get an idea of my stash and at least see the way I've got it organized.

Organizer Drawers.jpg

:smileyhappy:

violalea

tenngal, looking at your tash I feel like I am at a mini beauty salon :smileywink:

18psu55

(0) Hearts

tenngal-

what is that you have your curling irons stored in? that looks really cool, i would love something like that to keep my curling irons in!

tenngal

@18psu55:  I bought the "styling tool holder" at Sally Beauty Supply a couple of years ago off their clearance table.  I had searched the Internet looking for one like my hair stylist had on her counter holding her hairdryer, curling iron, flat iron, etc., and couldn't fine one and I even asked my hair stylist if she could order one for me, but she didn't know where to get one except to go to a beauty supply store.  Anyway, I just got lucky and found that one on the clearance table.  If you have a Sally's Beauty Supply close by you could always ask them if they could order one for you or see if they have them online.

:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

@tenngal  I love how you have it organized!  And I don't blame you for not taking it out lol.  I really like how you added labels to it.  Since I've gotten a few more products and I've moved back up to the off campus apartment, I've been rearranging how I have mine set.  I'm OCD about my organizing.  I didn't like how it was the first 2 times, so hopefully the third time is the charm lol.

marinaanne147

[ Edited ]

Here is my modest stash! I love it so much! :smileyvery-happy: The 1st picture is the purple velvet thing the UD 15 Palette first came in holding makeup remover, moisturizer, sephora samples, and other stuff. The 2nd is of all my makeup! YAY! By the way, if you recognize something, please comment! :smileywink:

Photo on 2011-08-25 at 22.36 #2.jpg

Photo on 2011-08-25 at 22.36.jpg

marinaanne147

So my stash has definitely grown- luckily it still fits into my makeup organization system. I did have to pull the lip thing out of the empty section it was taking the space of. Haha.  I also had to put my brushes in a separate vase (not pictured) but I like it better that way. I just need to find those beed things people put in the vases...

Photo on 2012-02-10 at 21.10.jpg

Photo on 2012-02-10 at 21.11.jpg

dianabt

How did I ever missed this thread! 

I don't feel bad at all now seeing how much everyone else has. :smileyhappy: Theres no way I'd have the time to show off how mine is. Just imagine a tall Ikea bookshelf with 5 sections full of makeup and hair product and perfume.. and another 2 full of nailpolish, box of lipstick and glosses, train case full of extra eyeliner and face powder,another train case of brushes adn samples,and a tupperware box of of new stuff I'm hoarding away like a crazy lady. 

There has to be a support group for such addictions right?  I only knew my problem wasn't so bad when I found a fellow artist friend of mine had had entire closet full of makeup. As in, no clothes or shoes.. just shelves put up with makeup.. I was so jealous of him. HIM lol! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

Well, since I've moved back home and out of the off campus apartment that is turning into an annoying party place, my setup and stash has altered a bit.  The green glass desk will be taken apart and stored until needed on down the road.  In my room, I have a desk that belonged to my mom as a kid, so I do my makeup there now.

IMG_0614.JPG

I have my Caboodle tray on one side with the current items I tend to use a lot at the moment. 

IMG_0619.JPG

In one of the side drawers, I have a lock-n-lock that I place things in so it doesn't roll around too much. 

IMG_0620.JPG

In the center drawer, I store my perfumes and brush rolls for travel. 

IMG_0621.JPG

When I'm not using the mirror, I store it flat on one side of the desk because the cats like to sit on the desk and look out the window.  However, they don't mess with my makeup or brushes (knock on wood) lol.  I kept my little mason jar as a brush holder.

IMG_0622.JPG

I still don't have much of a system for my polishes lol.

IMG_0633.JPG

Over in my oak dresser, I store my hair stuff in the center drawer instead of my bathroom.  I have the small bathroom, so I prefer to do my hair in my room. 

jxw200

kimmi! I see things I sent you! Lol :smileyhappy:

i got a helmer from Ikea and fit my nail polishes in there quite nicely. (I have samples in 2  drawers, and some other stuff in it too) I love it! 

i should post pics sometime too... cause I always loved this thread!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@jxw200 lol yep!  I'm loving the NARS bronzer!  I plan on picking up a bronzer brush tomorrow from either Sally's or Sephora.  I've not tried any of the brushes from Sally's, and I have coupons! lol. 

I've seen where a lot of people use shelves and whatnot from Ikea.  I may need to check their site out because I don't think there is one around here.

sephoramusthave

Okay I finally figured out a way to post pictures on here. If I take it with my cell phone, and email it to someone, then download it from the "sent" area of the email to the computer, I can get it on here. Im on my way out the door right now but when I get a chance, I'll post my stash

:smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

makeup.jpgmakeup2.jpg

kimmi1115

Hey, sephoramusthave!!  :smileyhappy:   I hope all has been well with you!!

I love your TheBalm stash and Benefit blushes/bronzers!  I have one Benefit blush (Dandelion) and I want to try more of them.  I use Dandelion a lot, but I'm not sure which powder I should get next lol. 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Everything's been great! Im actually really crazy about Sugarbomb!!! Ive been wanting it for awhile now and I put it on everytime Im in Sephora. I love the Benefit boxed powders and Im hoping to collect all of them one day. :smileyvery-happy:

I love your organization system Kimmi. When I take a few more pictures I'll post the rest of my beauty stash. :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

Okay ladies....for those of you that have a TON of beauty items and you dont have a organization system yet, and you like those clear plastic drawers....I found a really nice one at BigLots for 25 bucks. It comes in blue, white and pink. It has 4 medium drawers and 3 large drawers and it can hold EVERYTHING. The drawers are clear so you can see through it, its already assembled in one piece and it looks a lot nicer than most other clear drawers. It also comes with 4 wheels that you screw in yourself so you can easily roll it from one place to another. I dont have enough stuff to fill one of these babies but I know that a lot of you ladies do. I took a couple of pictures in store and this is what it is.

box.jpg

box.jpg

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  That's a very nice plastic drawer set.  I don't think I've seen one like that at Walmart, and if I did, it would probably be more than $25.  You can have the neatest things on random trips to Big Lots!  I like how it has the two different sizes.  Although I don't have enough makeup to fill it, my nailpolish collection and nail art supplies are growing.  My organization for it is not how I would like it.  I may have to make a trip to Big Lots next week lol.

sephoramusthave

I found another pic of this that I took in my cell phone, and its actually 20 bucks not 25!

box3.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy