kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

jxw200

Re: Photos of Your Stash

i know! I wouldn't buy it either. :smileysad: 

but it's exciting! Especially since we had talked about how cool those bags must be! 

sephoramusthave

Thats awesome. Sephora is totally listening to our posts and I appreciate that!

Its exactly like the MAC for Zuca Bag, except that it has the Sephora logo instead of the MAC logo. Its completely awesome, and I'm still kinda drooling over it, but very overpriced. TJ Maxx has incredible suitcases for 80 bucks, and you can always find those plastic drawer things somewhere...

Still makes me sad that I cant afford it though. :smileysad:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I cant bring myself to spend $300 on a Zuca either. I want one, and its awesome and I would get it if I owned as much makeup as tenngal because I hate drawers and giant organizers that look ugly and take up space. But I would only use it 2-3 times a year for travel and the rest of the time it would just sit in the closet...empty and alone. So with what I would do with it, it wouldnt be worth the money spent. :smileysad:

tenngal

@sephoramusthave:  I totally agree with you that The Clear Cube is WAY overpriced for a set of clear drawers.  Their appeal is that they are a pretty set of drawers versus my set of Rubbermaid drawers, but for me price versus pretty is a no-brainer.  I'll stick to my Rubbermaid system which has worked well for me (even though it's not pretty and shiny like the cube, ha ha).  Actually, after I really started checking out the dimensions of The Clear Cube, it wouldn't hold very much makeup versus my Rubbermaid drawers so it wouldn't even work for me anyway.  If I was going to pay $300 for some organization setup it would be for the Zuca bag.  I probably wouldn't use it for makeup but for all the small things that I'd love to organize, such as sunglasses, belts, scarves, wallets, etc.  I could put the Zuca to some awesome use for that and really get organized!  Unfortunately, I don't have $300 to spend on anything except necessities right now.  ~~Sigh...~~  Oh well, a girl can always dream, right?  :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Here is a pic of somebody's fully stocked clear cube. It can hold a decent amount of makeup but it doesnt look very organized to me. Okay its decently organized but things can get lost in here too. Items in the middle that are stacked cant be seen that well even if the drawers are clear.They are skinny drawers and to be able to fit everything in you have to stack things on top of each other. Is it bad that I know some of these items in here? In just the top drawer I see a Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation, a Benefit Sugarbomb blush and a Benefit Bella Bamba Blush. That little pink spotted palette could be Too Faced and I dont know whether or not the NARS items are shadows or blushes. I'm gonna go with blushes.

tenngal

@sephoramusthave:  Regarding the photo you found of the fully loaded cube...I totally agree with you.  I don't like it.  I think the drawers look neither deep nor long enough so everything is just piled on top of each other.  At least with my Rubbermaid drawers I can see what I've got and have everything spread out so that it's within easy reach.  I had already decided there was no way I was spending $300 on the cube, but your photo definitely showed me how it wouldn't work for me at all. So thanks for talking me out of the clear cube and saving me a bunch of money, ha ha! 
:smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Haha thats what I'm here for. Honest opinions. :smileyvery-happy: 

I just did a search for makeup organizers to see what else is out there but apparantly there's nothing. Everyone organizes makeup into drawers, plastic cabinets, cosmetics bags, traincases or those spinn around things. I thought there'd be more...hm. >_< I guess there's nothing better than the Zuca Bag.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@sephoramusthave  I'm not liking that organization either.  Depending on how hard you pull out the drawer, it looks like some items might fall over from their stacks.  For 300 bucks, they should have added organization spaces to the inside of the drawers that can be moved to how the person likes.  The third drawer from the top has an organizing tray in it, but after spending all the money, the person shouldn't have to spend more money to organize the inside in some way.

sephoramusthave

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

@waterbaby-  I saw that makeup case too, ooh, what a glamourous carryall!  I can just picture myself wheeling this behind me going into hotels while travelling. Would almost make travelling for work fun!!!!!

kalex

[ Edited ]

My 'Currently in Use' stash click to zoom in

This is a picture of my "currently in use" stash.  

(I copied it from my MUA profile.  I don't know how to make it bigger to show more detail.)

The drawer at the top has all my current rotation of lipsticks and glosses.  The drawer on the left is my "face" drawer.  It contains foundations, highlighters, primers, blush, and powder.  The middle is the "eye" drawer with shadows, eye liners, and mascara.  Then the right drawer is palettes.

pandapple6

That is a cute organiser!! My makeup collection is just in a 3 bin white organizer thing, so it is not very intresting to look at. 

prettyinpa

Haha, they don't make a camera lens wide angle enough to take a picture of all my stuff! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:Though I do count my skincare items in along with my makeup. 

I should get a great system like tenngal's she has the organization gold medal in my book!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I'm with prettyinpa on this one. The amount of cosmetic and skincare items in my living space is...staggering. At the moment, everything is also not nearly as organized as it could / should be. If I ever get my act together and organize everything so it is in one place, I will gladly upload a picture :smileyhappy:

Until then, here is my NARS blush collection (there are actually 7 or 8 missing -- some I found or acquired since I took the photo, and some are backups I did not include (I have backups of discontinued shades)). I also think I've posted this before -- so apologies if you have already seen it: 

IMG00339-20110423-1344.jpg

denden798

(0) Hearts

what do you use that yellow one for? If you don't use this like this, try it, use it under your eyes to set your concealer!

violalea

omg so many and so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimmi1115

@katie1724 your blush collection is beautiful!

@kalex  I like how you have the smaller bins in the drawers.  As my collection grows, I'll have to step up to bins or something. 

@shay311 the organizer is from QVC and is by Lori Greiner Clever and Unique Creations.  The actual organizer is called the Tabletop Spinning Cosmetic Organizer. 

keelybt

Oooooh fun stash! I like your organizer too :smileyhappy: As you accumulate more, you'll find organization is very important.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724