kimmi1115

Photos of Your Stash

I saw a thread a while back on here about counting your makeup products.  It was amazing to see those numbers!  While I was reorganzing and going through my makeup since I have moved on to Sephora, and since some things expired and I learned that the hard way lol, I got the silly idea to take a picture of it lol. So if you're bored or just reorganizing your stash, feel free to take a picture and post it!  :smileyhappy: My collection is in the little league range at the moment lol

This is my stash after I went through stuff.  I don't use my Victoria's Secret kit much anymore since I discovered Sephora, but I still do use the blushes in it and the lip products when I'm at home for the day.  The main two palettes I've been using are from Urban Decay and Kat Von D, and I love both!

stash 2.jpg

Here's my stash back to organization on my spinny organizer my granny gave me for Christmas.  It works well for the moment, but there's no way I can fit my polishes in it lol.

stash 1.jpg

makeuppiggy

Re: Photos of Your Stash

Yup It is the tokidoki brush set I love it 

From Makeuppiggy:smileyvery-happy:

serendipity01

@katie1724 I'm super jealous of your NARS blush collection!  

Does anybody have good storage tips?  I have an organizer that I got from the container store that sits on top of my counter, but I have heard that its not good to store makeup in the bathroom due to humidity.  I also keep some things in the drawers in my bathroom... maybe that is a little better?  :smileytongue:

smartmint

(0) Hearts

haha! i have about the same as you.

shay311

(0) Hearts

hey what is that organizer called? I love it ..brand ? :smileywink:

waterbaby1981

Like prettyinpa, I include my skincare stuff with my makeup, so I'd end up posting a picture of the cabinets beneath the sink in the master bathroom, a picture of the stuff on the shelves above the toilet in baskets, the shelves in the cabinet in the bathroom downstairs...and that would be BEFORE we get to my actual makeup case and Mary Kay bag I use for the makeup and brushes I use most often!

I'm actually not sure I want to post those now. :smileysurprised:

But I saw an organizer/makeup case I want in an issue of Cosmo a month or so ago!  Apparently it's a MAC suitcase type thing with wheels!  ($217 though...)

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I saw that MAC suitcase on wheels too! It was in a magazine where Carrie Underwood talked about her must have products! ( She liked a Chanel eyebrow pencil as well) Its very very cool but I dont have NEARLY enough makeup for that. I dont even have enough makeup for a traincase. But if I find a pic I'll post it here. Its similar to this $250 one I found at beautycasesonline.com

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@sephoramusthave  The pic of that traincase is nice!  I don't think I have enough for one either.  I'd take the $250 and do some serious Sephora shopping lol

sephoramusthave

Alright. Here is the actual travel makeup suitcase thing that I saw in Glamour magazine. The company is called Zuca and they make these makeup suitcases in many colors. Its $285 ( yeesh!). I like the pink one :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

I really really want a Zuca Bag!  *sniff sniff* I know its ridiculous but the more I look at it the more I want it. I wouldnt use it as a makeup organizer but if I had as much makeup as tenngal I absolutely would. There's the original Zuca bag and the Mac for Zuca bag and the only difference between the 2 is the MAC logo and for that reason alone it costs a lot more. It has a stack of large zip up drawers, I think you get 5 drawers and a large plastic bag. When you open it up its like a drawer cabinet and it has tons of other pockets and places to shove things into. If I had a ton of makeup I would put eye shadows in one drawer, face products in another, skincare products in another, lip products in another and accessories in the last one but since I dont I would use it as a travel bag instead. I travel at least twice a year and this would perfectly organize everything and nothing would spill on my clothes, break or get wrinkled because every item would have its own space.

tenngal

@sephoramusthave:  Thanks for posting the photo of what a Zuca bag looks like because I'd never heard of one before.  And now that I've seen it, I want one, too, ha ha.:smileyvery-happy:  Seriously, that is such a neat organizer stacker / bag.  One of those would not only be awesome for storing your makeup, but also you could use other compartments for your hair accessories and tools, scarves, sunglasses or so many types of things!  Oh my gosh, I am already thinking about what all I could store in each bag, ha ha, and I've never seen one in person!  I'm guessing they are expensive and with me trying to stick to the "No-Buy" I shouldn't even be thinking about it.  I can see why you want one and I hope you are able to get one.  If I were you, I wouldn't pay more for the MAC one just for the MAC logo if the other one is just as well made, either.  Keep us updated and let us know if you get one!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find a good deal on one!

tenngal :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

I want one but I dont think that I will actually get one because its $285 and with shipping its probably over $300. :smileysad: You can customize your own bag at their website, they come in sooo many colors. You choose the color of your bag and the color of your rim. And the wheels light up! Youtube has the Zuca Bag commercial and a bunch of other people on there posted their Zuca Bags and what they are using it for. The people that are using it for makeup have a TON of stuff and they are able to fit it all in there, its really amazing. You can sit on it, it holds up to 300 pounds and it comes with a "cover sheet" so that the bag doesnt get dirty when traveling. I would never get the MAC one because I dont see the point and since I wouldnt be using it for makeup organization it would just be kinda stupid carrying clothes around in a MAC bag...however I still really really want to try some Mac makeup( lipsticks and cream shadows) but not this year because I dont need anything.

Tenngal you could fit everything in this one bag and just put it aside and it wouldnt take up so much space like the plastic drawers do.

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@sephoramusthave:  I went to YouTube and looked at some of the videos on how people have used the Zuca bag for storage and came across The Clear Cube, which aparently is another very popular makeup storage system that I had never heard of before until today, too.  Anyway I fell in love with The Clear Cube, but it's way over-priced so I guess I'll stick with my current storage system since it works and that way I can stick to my No-Buy rule. :smileysad:

sephoramusthave

tenngal---I just looked up "The Clear Cube" and I dont like it AT ALL. Its just a stack of clear drawers and its $300-350 depending on whether you want 4 or 5 drawers....ridiculous. Who would pay for this? I could find something very similar at Target, Walmart or even Big Lots. If I'm going to shell out that kind of money I'd rather get a Zuca Bag. At least the Zuca has many uses and its portable. And I can shove the Zuca in my closet whereas the The Clear Cube would take up SO much space in my bathroom and it wouldnt be pleasant to look at everyday.

jxw200

yeah, i totally don't get the clear cube. i joined specktra (another makeup community) last week and there was a whole thread about clear cube dupes. but why can't they just get clear drawers from the container store or something? I dunno

i like zuca bags. i know tons of girls who figure skate (at least in my area?) use them to carry all their stuff to practice & stuff. it's super cute when the 6 year olds are sitting on them and putting on their skates :smileytongue: i hardly ever go to skating rinks now but i imagine it's still all the rage. I think they're really practical for travel, anyhow! they even have pet ones (i haven't decided if that's cute or just plain crazy!)

sephoramusthave

Geez...little KIDS have Zuca bags? If I had a kid I would just get one of those little childrens suitcases with pictures of princesses or something on them...$300 is a little extreme for a kid suitcase. I havent seen the pet ones but I think thats stupid. Animals dont need luggage or jewerly. Ridiculous.

jxw200

yeah i think some of the parents spoil their kids too much around here. BUT zuca's do make a tiny bit of sense for figure skaters since they do carry a lot of stuff and do need a place to sit.... i never understood the crazy parents around here 

i'm going to post photos of my stash soon! I reorganized it about a week ago and I'm feeling good about it! =)

sephoramusthave

Figure skaters always have plenty of benches to sit on and any little suitcase from Marshalls or TJ Maxx would be just fine, especially for a kid. But the Zuca is really a godsend for makeup artists especially...they are able to fit everything they own into that one bag.

kimmi1115

I have never heard of Zuca before either, but there is no way I could bring myself to pay that much for it.  I'd rather use that money towards makeup or something else lol.  Just imagine how many basic makeup bags or plastic drawer sets you could buy with that money.  The drawers would make towers lol.

geminibreeze

lol Kimmie your so right! I laughed b/c that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Imagine all the makeup I could buy for $300. lol

I bought these little mini drawer towers from Bed Bath and Beyond and I have my makeup quasi organized that way lol

jxw200

[ Edited ]

um have you guys seen this new SEPHORA ZUCA BAG!!?

P299436_hero.jpeg

find it here

prettyinpa

@jxw200- That's an awesome bag!  But nearly $300, yow, I could buy a lot of makeup for that. Though with the VIB sale it would still be....a lot! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 561 hearts
  • 65 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724