Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

@missalysia,

I love long-haired dachshunds!  What a sweet-looking doggie!  Darling Rowdy!  🙂

Ahhh he's too cute. Look at those eyes he's giving you. He loves his mama!

Um, where do I apply?! Cat Happy

0.PNG

Spoiler
Imagine yourself getting to stay at the most amazing accommodations when travelling – from French farmhouses to Australian beach villas – all in exchange for looking after an adorable furbaby. A company called Trusted Housesitters allows you to do just that.

The concept is simple, yet genius – it connects people wanting to travel the world, but feeling guilty about leaving their pets behind, with trustworthy, vetted travellers who would love to look after their house and pets in exchange for accommodation.

To secure the most breathtaking houses to stay at, you’ll need to build a good reputation. But that’s relatively easy to do if you’re willing to petsit in your town in exchange for reviews. Your chances of scoring that dream mansion getaway are higher if you also make sure to get someone to write you a character reference and have your ID documents checked online.

Then you’re ready to hit the road and get to housesit that three-story mansion you’ve always dreamed about – while enjoying the most charming four-legged company. Some people quit their jobs to do it!

This looks like fun, it would be neat to house sit a place with fun dogs and horses!

@ZombieMetroAnt No way, I didn't know there was such a thing! I'd love to do this for a living too. 

@ZombieMetroAnt i am literally a pet care professional for a living, and i want to quit my job to do this!! holy moly!! 

Anonymous Insider

I bought some pet toys 

Image result for leaps and bounds summer toys

This brand is called leaps and bounds such cute toys ....

Image result for leaps and bounds summer toysImage result for leaps and bounds snowcone toyImage result for leaps and bounds snowcone toyImage result for leaps and bounds snowcone toyImage result for leaps and bounds snowcone toyImage result for leaps and bounds snowcone toy

I seriously wanted to buy all of these but I only bought one their too expensive lol.

Image result for leaps and bounds pet toys

I might start having to go to the dollar store for pet toys lol 

they have these at dollar tree

Image result for leaps and bounds pet toys

Anonymous Insider

Meet Coconut he is much larger than this now at 4 months and his coat is a light blonde shade to english cream white.Just bought today.Went to PETCO bought a lot of stuff .

Keith, Golden Retriever-English Cream Puppy

Keith, Golden Retriever-English Cream Puppy

he is adorable!!!! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

Yeah hes a good looking dog .I work during the day and I feel bad because the puppy gets anxiety / scared / nervous when I leave him / leave the room his crates in  to go to work.The crate looks like a childs play pen though its open so he shouldnt feel as closed in but he hates that too lol.I saw this thing called the thundershirt . I want to try and get that and see if it works hes pretty big everyone comments on his large paws so I might need a large / x large for him.Anyone here try the thundershirt ? is it worth it does it even work ?

My puppy just whines sometimes and I guess hes anxious / scared when people are not with him 24/7.

@Anonymous,

Yay! You got him!  Coconut is so beautiful!  I like the name too!  It's very playful!  Good for you!  🙂

Anonymous Insider

Everyone at Petco loved him lol he got his nails clipped and a little hair trim and bath because he needed a bath I made sure he  was washed  he threw up a lot in the car on the way home and his paws had vomit on them I wiped them off with paper towels in the car lol yeah not a fun car ride  so we needed the dog to have a bath.We left for the breeders house at 10.00 am we got home by 4 or 5 :00 in the afternoon so it was an all day affair.I was exhausted by the time we got home I dont really even recall hearing the dog at night whine but I'am sure he probably did a little bit.I was soo tired I like passed out.

Anonymous Insider

Yeah hes adjusting pretty well.The puppy is quiet and calm so far he doesnt bark havent heard him bark yet.He doesnt like to move much though it was a pain to get him into the PETCO he is very heavy already.So picking him up is a challenge and can be difficult.We stopped at burger king on the way back home it was like over a 2 hr . drive to get the puppy and he is stubborn he doesnt like to move lol he hates cars he threw up 5 times in the car ride home and he hates crates.I had to go out buy him a soft crate it looks like a play pen for a child I bought it at petsmart but he seems to like that better.The other crate he hated he would freak out when we put him in there even men have a hard time picking him up hes a very large puppy with big paws.He never wore a leash or collar and never had toys before soooo that was interesting .We bought him from the amish and they dont do collars or anything so he thinks its a toy.He also doesnt understand how to walk on a leash but potty trainings okay he poops outside he pees everywhere though.He does get nervous / scared at night when its dark and hes in the crate last night he whined a little bit but for the most part I think he did good he did rip the puppy pee pads to shreds though so that might not work too well for training lol.It is a beautiful dog and he is very well mannered has a very nice disposition.He takes some naps during the day.He takes toys and balls but doesnt retrive them yet lol.I spent like 800 dollars at petco / petsmart I went crazy but hopefully the puppy will adjust well to the new play pen and crate and just my lifestyle in general.

here's my baby!!!

if anyone has any tips transitioning from kibble to raw/dehydrated/freeze-dried diet please let me know! I am looking into brands like Stella & Chewy. Would love some input.

IMG_2844.JPG

what a cutieeeeee! 

What a cutie!! I love the curly fur. 😄 

XOXO,
Marieke

@shirleylin88 what a cutie!! 

a client of mine eats the stella and chewy patties, and she loves them. she was a very picky eater before her owner switched foods.

i second the mixing suggestion, and trying several different proteins. 

congrats on your new baby!

aw thank you so much for the advice! I think that's what we will end up doing 🙂

OMG, @shirleylin88-  Your baby is just soooo cute!  If I had a puppy that cute I'd get nothing done all day, I'd be smooshing my face in the cute curly fur!

thanks @prettyinpa we are pretty in love!

Congrats @shirleylin88!  Puppies are the best!

As far as transitioning foods - it's best if you can mix them slowly (mostly kibble, a little new food; then half and half; then a little kibble with mostly the new food). This helps prevent dogs from getting sick when you switch their foods, which you especially want to avoid with a little growing puppy.  I would also recommend rotating protein sources.  Dogs can develop food allergies and when I was researching my dog's allergies, rotating protein was recommended.  You don't have to rotate too often - they just recommended not always buying the same protein source.  Stella & Chewy's has a lot of options and switching "flavors" within the same brand shouldn't cause gastrointestinal upset (though keep an eye out for it just in case).  

testing