Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Re: Pet Paradise

This is my baby. She on her way to a 70 pound adult;)

IMG_2984.JPG

Soooo sweet! Want to pet her smooshy muzzle!

OMG!  She is soooo cute!  @Anonymous 💗

She is beautiful!!!!! What a sweet face 🙂 I will definitely upload some pics when he makes his way home!!!! He will be 8 weeks when we get him. 

Anonymous Insider

Oh and save your receipts! Acana/orijen has a loyalty program every 12th bag free. I send them my receipts and they can either be Acana or Orijen doesn't matter and they send a coupon for a free bag! Free $80 bucks is a great incentive. @shirleylin88

Anonymous Insider

@shirleylin88

Its all a matter of opinion on transitioning some people says you should do it slowly over weeks others do over a few days. My big boy came from his breeder on Costco puppy. While it's rated high it's also made by diamond which has one of the largest recalls in the history of dog food that many dogs lost their lives with. Diamond also produces taste of the wild and a slew of other brands. While I love Costco I'm scared off the dog food. This recall was 12-13 so not long ago. I had him fully off it in 3 days with no issue.

I had them on one food for a solid week then as a snack I'd give them a small amount of another food etc until that snack became a meal size portion. I would say probably a week to introduce a new brand and by the time I had them for a month I was rotating 3 foods without issue. 

My mom is a breeder and shows and she does fish oil or sardines packed in olive oil. Many people use fish oil caps too. Another thing which was the best puppy advice I got was having them on puppy formula til 12 weeks of age. Not a lot but a small bowl a day. Most breeders let their pups go around 8 weeks and most of them still nurse and eat solid food at the time so the formula was a great supplement to help them out. 

You picked a great breed and I can't wait to see pics! 

I would recommend the following:

1) Acana brand (I use grasslands regional bag)

2) Whole earth farms (offshoot of the merrick brand)

3) Canidae

4) zignature

I have Thundy on a rotation diet and those are the 4 brands i use regularly - and all grain free! I get my pet food delivered from Chewy . com  (new members get 20% off)  Since he is on a rotation diet - i always get him 12lb bags or even 5lb bags. They generally last me for a few months tbh. He is a picky eater - so on top of the kibble, I also get toppings from whole earth farms (their canned stews are something he loves alot!)  Those 12 cans last me about a month. 

Whatever you decide to get for your furry friend, make sure you check with dogfoodadvisor . com

I hope that helped 🙂

Thank you @kromance for the recommendations! I believe from my research Orijen and Acana come from the same manufacturer so they are very similar. I did place my order on Chewy.com, I love that site it's just like amazon prices for pets! Orijen got 5 stars from Dogadvisor for their puppy food, and Costco surprisingly got 4.5

and thanks for the recommendation for the toppings - I will look into that 🙂

AW yeaaa! 🙂 Good stuff @shirleylin88 

Im sure your pup will love orijen! I just placed an order for dog food right now at chewy too! lol. 😛

Costco dog food is manufactured by Diamond pet foods - so that is probably why its good. Most of the Kirkland stuff is made with superior quality ingredients! ( i loveeee costco!) 😉

yay!!! hopefully it'll all work out 🙂 thanks for the tips!! I love that chewy.com is soooo fast in shipping!

Hi @shirleylin88!

Not sure what type of pup you're getting, but my two bernese mountain dogs LOVE Orijen food, and between the two of them have eaten puppy, adult, and senior types. We usually mix in another grain free brand to keep things interesting, but we ALWAYS have Orijen as the main one.

Puppies typically eat A LOT - like 4-6 cups a day for large breeds!, but definitely make sure to follow the instructions on the bag based on current size. And if you do have a large breed dog, definitely look for a large breed puppy food, since those are specifically formulated for the special needs of the big guys.

Good luck with your new best friend! 🙂

Hi @jriskus - I am getting a mini labradoodle and just purchased a bag of the Orijen Puppy - he is being fed Costco puppy right now which I heard is actually not bad, but would like to upgrade. Thank you so much for your advice and input!! I hope he will love the Orijen when I start weaning him off the other puppy food!

Anonymous Insider

I thought you guys would get a laugh out of our Husky puppy! She is so curious! She wants to be beautiful just like us and chewed through my Boscia mask!image000000.jpg

Awwwww - She is beautiful just the way she is!  No Boscia necessary - LOL!  💗💗💗.  @Anonymous

She is adorable. Again another breed that is  probably too smart for her own good.

Oooohhhhh @Anonymous! She is the cutest thing! Back when I was in my teens we had a husky. She was the best dog — LOTS of personality. Be forewarned, though, they love to chew and your Boscia mask will probably not be the last. Ours used to steal my Dad's socks and chew out the toes and heels in them. And — not to scare you — she also managed to chew/scratch her way through a door. My Dad had to put a metal plate on it to keep her from destroying it any more. But she was so darned cute, she got away with it all.

Does yours "talk" yet? Ours used to say "I love you," "I'm sorry," and sing "Happy Birthday." You are gonna have SO much fun with her!

I saw a husky and came running. Huskies are my absolute favourite dog breed! HeartHeartHeart

@Anonymous, puppies can be a little mischievous but they're so cute! 

XOXO,
Marieke

Ahhhh look at that little stinker! Her chubby belly is ridiculous!!

Huskies are so adorable, my bernese puppy has one that he likes to play with at the local dog park. 🙂

OMG super cute!!!! I LOVE huskies!!!!

What a little cutie! Huskies are really smart, too. There's a video online somewhere that shows one getting out of his cage and then liberating one or two more dogs from their cages. 🙂

8 Replies
testing