Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

That pink little nose is KILLING ME!!!!! She is such a sweetie! She's a tabby cat just like mine! I think she'd be a domestic short hair with tabby markings. Cats vary in size, anywhere from 8-12 pounds on average, but some can be much bigger, like Maine Coons or Bengals. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @alexasteph

So she won't have the long fluffy hair? That's probably best for my allergies. I assume she still weighs in the ounces and my mom has them on wet food. She has tiny little teeth and a pink nose. I'm in love!

It can be hard to tell how long her hair might end up being since kitten fur is a little different from adult cat fur, but it definitely doesn't look like she'd be considered "long haired." That doesn't mean she won't shed though.. Unfortunately cats are very generous with their fur. 

When you pick a name for her you must tell us!!

Charlie is trying to get into my rum and coke!!!! 

Sorry for the messy paper shreds btw lol.

IMG_9739.JPG

That's a brave bird making his way in to a thread full of cats 😉

What a pretty bird!

I couldn't get all three to look at me at the same time but I rarely can get them all in the same photo so I'm calling it a win. 😄

From left to right: Mona, Ruthie, Pumpkin 🎃 

IMG_0418.JPG

So cute!!

PUMPKIN!!!!

I hope that sweetie has been well.

Mona has some great stank eye going on. Such pretty girls.

@starsandbucks, Models with a lot of attitude! 🙂

IMG_9185.JPG

This is my baby who was named Rigby intitally,although we call him Baby Terters now which is a complete digression from Potato. I must say Target has epic deals on clothing and accessories for the whole family, fur babies included. This boy is my second child and at almost two, we have hopes that he may stop destroying everything soon, lol. It is impossible to be mad at him anyway. Also, wouldn't make a difference because he doesn't do apologetic. #sorrynotsorry

@liv545 Well Baby Terters is just adorable!!! His lil tail curling up the back is the best 😄

@liv545,  Why are Pugs so darn cute?

@pixiedust2, This is the exception that proves the rule!  🙂

So cute!!!

Oh my gosh that hat is adorable!

Anonymous Insider

Oh my goodness! Thank you ladies so much for all the advise @tsavorite @curlieq @vhm333 @alexasteph @ZombieMetroAnt

My mom found a box of discarded kittens at the gas station last week and has been taking care of them and looking for willing parents.

Im actually allergic to cats that's why I've never had one but I read you can acclimate and your body can adjust especially if I kept it indoors and not let it pick up outside elements. Yes, im allergic to everything. Eeesh. 

I got one one litter box, cat condo thing and a bunch of little cute ball toys that shine, crunch, and all around look like a good time. Oh, and a break away collar. I picked out a little girl and she's grey and white. I'll take pictures when I get her. If she's an indoor cat do I need to spay her? Sorry, I literally know nothing about cats. 

Does anyone have one of those self cleaning litter boxes? Cleaning it isn't the issue, just curious since it's closed and looks pretty cool. I have hardwood floors so am I going to have litter all around the box from her ins n outs? Maybe a rug there? 

I'm very allergic to cats and I now have four running around.  I can't say I've acclimated to them, but I use Flonase and it's pretty manageable...unless I pet one and rub my eye.  Itches for hours!!  You do have to spay females because they go into heat and will try to get out.  She will yowl and drive you crazy!!  The younger you do so the better, but a vet can advise you.  I have the standard litter boxes and use clumping litter.  Good luck!  Thanks for taking her in!!

@Anonymous,  She sounds adorable!  I hope that your allergies will let you keep her.  You may need to take antihistamines like Zyrtec.  Some people give their cats baths to get rid of dander.  Ask the Vet.  There are special shampoos and conditioners for cats. I want to second and third the recommendation for World's Best Kitty Litter, available online, at Petco, and pet stores like that. It is so much better for my allergies than clay litter and dust!  You have a long time to figure out what type of litter box system that you want to use.  You can try out whether you prefer sweeping your bare floor or having carpet around the litter box.  Girl kitties need to be spayed because otherwise they keep going into heat until they get pregnant. If you spend one cycle with a kitty in heat it will convince you to get her spayed.  It's miserable.  String, thread, dental floss, and other things like that if swallowed by a kitty can cause a surgical emergency that you want to avoid.  You can be happy with one cat.  If you are away from home a lot, you may want company for your cat.  Some cats seem to want to be an only cat. If you have more than one cat, Vet, food, and litter box expenses naturally increase. Regular Vet care, at least once a year, is important. You should get the kitten checked out and immunized. My kitties love toy mice that rattle, and the Galkie Kitty Tease (online), which is a denim butterfly on the end of a line attached to a fishing pole- like rod.  It's like fly-fishing for cats instead of fish. The cats chase the denim butterfly. I've never seen anything that cats like as much! Good exercise. Remember, no cow's milk! There are dry kitten foods (that have too many calories for adult cats.) You may want to look on Amazon at "Think Like A Cat...," about raising a kitty, by Pam Johnson Bennett. I'm reading one of her books and she sounds like the real deal to me. I'm reading "Cat vs. Cat," about multi-cat households. By the way, your Mom is an angel to help those kittens find homes! Allergists say to keep the cat out of your bedroom and off your bed if you are allergic.  

I wish you the very best!  If I can answer any questions, I would be glad to! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@alexasteph @k617 @lachaton @samls324 

I have been reading up like crazy. I have an appointment next week with the vet to get started on the kitty package. 

The litter box sounds like it's going to be trial and error but I'll get another one so I have two for her. I haven't picked out a name yet but I'm really excited to get her home and acclimated with my pups. 

2 Replies
testing